Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:05 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue

Hi All

Welcome to the EK Forum and the new Newbie thread for 2020 and the first one for the new decade.

If you are new to Flyertalk, flying with Emirates for the first time or are just unsure of something to do with Emirates and have a question, then please feel free to post in this thread (No flaming allowed).

You can also have a look at our 2019 thread [EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2019

Please also have a look at the Emirates Forum Dashboard for a one-stop shop for all your needs.

From the The EK Forum Moderators and Ambassador team, we hope you have a safe, pleasant and exciting year of flying with Emirates.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 5:44 am

Thanks for all of the responses to my query about being routed through MXP on the way from DXB to JFK. I'm don't know why my agent routed me this way since there are non-stops available. I'll contact the agency to see if I can get it changed.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31880573-post473.html

Last edited by Saltire74; Jan 1, 2020 at 6:49 am Reason: Link added to original post in 2019 thread
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:47 pm

Programs: QFF
Concourse C at Terminal 3 - DXB

Hello,

I am completely confused.

I am flying EK from Dubai to Auckland departing from Terminal 3.

I was under the impression I need to be in Concourse A as that is where the flight leaves from. Eg. Gate A16

However to my horror I noticed that yesterday, for instance, the flight left from Gate C11. I am presuming this means concourse C and gate C?

So I googled maps of terminal 3 and there does not appear to be any gates C. The only gate C that I can find is at terminal 1?

Can someone please clarify where gates C are and how to get there?

Thank you kindly.

P.S. If it helps I arrive into DXB from Zurich and apparently I land into terminal 3.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:23 pm

All Emirates flights in DXB arrive and depart from Terminal 3 which airside consists of Concourses A, B and C. You won't know in advance where you'll arrive, but an IFE channel should be able to tell you where you'll depart from about an hour or so before arrival. If it doesn't you'll need to look for the screens once in DXB. All 3 concourses are connected airside either on foot or by train (A to B).

I suspect Google has dug up an old map or some other misinformation.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:09 pm

Programs: QFF
Thanks for the reply, ft101.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
And just a warning, especially low numbered C gates can be quite a trek so leave enough time. Also to add, lounges at the C concourse are garbage so stay at the B lounges then make yourself to C.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
And just a warning, especially low numbered C gates can be quite a trek so leave enough time. Also to add, lounges at the C concourse are garbage so stay at the B lounges then make yourself to C.
Except for C23 wine fridge
nmc980 and Will08 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:09 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
Emirates Newbie - transfer question

Hi guys - flying Akl - Dxb - Man this Easter in Business. We only have a 1hr 45min connection in Dubai and was wondering if that will be enough to grab a shower with the family before removing the flight to Manchester? I have never been through Dbx so no idea about distances or security for transfers.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:01 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards, Air NZ Airpoints
Originally Posted by neilw71
Hi guys - flying Akl - Dxb - Man this Easter in Business. We only have a 1hr 45min connection in Dubai and was wondering if that will be enough to grab a shower with the family before removing the flight to Manchester? I have never been through Dbx so no idea about distances or security for transfers.
Assuming your flight arrives on time it should be. Just double check gate of dxb-man on arrival (you can also do this on board) to ensure you don't have far to walk. As previously mentioned some of the gates in T3 can be 20 minutes apart. There's lounges throughout so pop into a lounge when you see one to ask which is the closest to your departure gate
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:03 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by neilw71
As Nzglen says, as long as your incoming flight is not too late, you should be fine to visit a lounge. But the queues (waiting times, really) for the showers can be a bit long depending on the time of day, so that may or may not be possible. And I doubt that you’ll be allowed to ‘shower with the family’.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 12:31 am

Programs: NZ Elite
Thanks guys - re the shower - its with a 1 year old
thijsseh likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 1:30 pm

Inflatable footrests on EK longhaul flights?

Hi there, I hope this is the right place to ask this. I'm flying on a long haul from the US to Dubai on Emirates with two small kids (Economy), and I'd like to know if Emirates prohibits the use of inflatable cubes as footrests/seat extenders? Particularly in the bulkhead rows? I know EK has limitations on children's ride-on suitcases and more complicated options, but I'm just looking to use the much simpler beach-ball-but-square option. Not attached to any seat, just placed in front so my kids can lie down and hopefully thrash about less. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I've realized that EK actually doesn't allow "fly-tots" which seem to be basically what I'm asking about, so the question might be moot. But if anyone knows otherwise, I'd be grateful to find out.

Last edited by eggbagel; Jan 5, 2020 at 1:50 pm Reason: Got more information.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by eggbagel
Hi there, I hope this is the right place to ask this. I'm flying on a long haul from the US to Dubai on Emirates with two small kids (Economy), and I'd like to know if Emirates prohibits the use of inflatable cubes as footrests/seat extenders? Particularly in the bulkhead rows? I know EK has limitations on children's ride-on suitcases and more complicated options, but I'm just looking to use the much simpler beach-ball-but-square option. Not attached to any seat, just placed in front so my kids can lie down and hopefully thrash about less. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I've realized that EK actually doesn't allow "fly-tots" which seem to be basically what I'm asking about, so the question might be moot. But if anyone knows otherwise, I'd be grateful to find out.
This won't be allowed.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:44 am

Just wondering, if I obtain an Emirates business class award ticket using ConnectMiles would It be possible for me to later upgrade this ticket to first class using my Skywards miles? The connectmiles website says the ticket is Business Saver (D) fare basis CPO33IA. Many thanks
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sophus
Just wondering, if I obtain an Emirates business class award ticket using ConnectMiles would It be possible for me to later upgrade this ticket to first class using my Skywards miles? The connectmiles website says the ticket is Business Saver (D) fare basis CPO33IA. Many thanks
No, you won't be able to, and you also not eligible for CDD/CDA/lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.