Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020

Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: Skywards
Hi, a few days ago I made a booking which cost 565
I want to change it (fee is waivered) plus fare difference

However, the fare is actually cheaper, will I get a pro-rota refund? (its Ł110 cheaper)
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by redeternet7

However, the fare is actually cheaper, will I get a pro-rota refund? (its Ł110 cheaper)
Can you also cancel for a refund with fee waiver? If yes, just do that and rebook.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO

No, rebookings can only be done to fares of equal or higher fare value and booking class.

if completely unflown cancel and rebook
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
Can you also cancel for a refund with fee waiver? If yes, just do that and rebook.
and

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
No, rebookings can only be done to fares of equal or higher fare value and booking class.

if completely unflown cancel and rebook
no sadly i think they will charge Ł200 as the final ticket says theres a fee. However during booking it said refunds no charges. Maybe a glitch.

Will they honour glitches??
Website still says no charge on refunds
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:54 pm

Hi

We have a flight booked next week from NZ to UK and are wanting to cancel but unsure of the refund we would get. Going to manage booking on Emirates website and clicking cancel shows a refund of the flight minus some refund chargers. However it then goes on to say at the bottom "I understand that the fare conditions of my ticket are as specified at the time of purchase. If my ticket is non-refundable, I understand that only the applicable unused taxes will be refunded."

I cannot get hold of Emirates to confirm, and cannot make sense of all the fare conditions on the original booking. Can anyone confirm if the website refund summary is correct or just a rough indication that may become nothing based on the fare conditions?

Thanks
Andy
Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:58 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by andygjones
Hi

We have a flight booked next week from NZ to UK and are wanting to cancel but unsure of the refund we would get. Going to manage booking on Emirates website and clicking cancel shows a refund of the flight minus some refund chargers. However it then goes on to say at the bottom "I understand that the fare conditions of my ticket are as specified at the time of purchase. If my ticket is non-refundable, I understand that only the applicable unused taxes will be refunded."

I cannot get hold of Emirates to confirm, and cannot make sense of all the fare conditions on the original booking. Can anyone confirm if the website refund summary is correct or just a rough indication that may become nothing based on the fare conditions?

Thanks
Andy
As it stands, if your ticket is non-refundable, you'll only get the taxes back. Flights are still running between NZ & UK, so you don't have the option to get a full refund.

However, it's possible that this will change by the time of your flight. Therefore, I'd wait until just before the flight before cancelling . If you cancel now, you won't get a full refund - even if the flights are subsequently cancelled.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32196469-post176.html
Old Mar 18, 2020, 12:41 pm

Apologies if this is public knowledge but I cant see it on my ticket terms and conditions, nor can I find it on Emirates FAQ.

Whats the refund fee for Economy Flex ticket (not reward)
Old Mar 18, 2020, 12:47 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Apologies if this is public knowledge but I cant see it on my ticket terms and conditions, nor can I find it on Emirates FAQ.

Whats the refund fee for Economy Flex ticket (not reward)
At the bottom of the email they sent you with your e-ticket there should be an attachment with the fare conditions.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
Was just thinking: since the UAE has a ban on non-GCC nationals to enter the country, what happens to people that miss their connection on the 25th? Where would they go? Starting to look more and more like The Terminal!
my MIL is supposed to leave Oz 24 Mar Mel to AUH and then transit AUH to LHR 25 Mar. she’s a UK citizen. Will she get out?
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:39 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by BCasc
my MIL is supposed to leave Oz 24 Mar Mel to AUH and then transit AUH to LHR 25 Mar. she’s a UK citizen. Will she get out?
You're better off asking on the Etihad forum, as I assume this is an Etihad flight?
Old Mar 23, 2020, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by BCasc
she will be fine in transit
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:40 am

Booking Class A First Class and Flex Plus

Hi, I have a booking with Emirates in booking class A First Class Flex Plus for me and a friend. Where ever I look there seems to be a contradiction with class A and Flex Plus, they don't seem to go together.

I was wondering if i can cancel the ticket for one of the passengers (my friend), and get a full refund for his part. I on my part will fly though. I find plenty of information about Flex Plus on various websites but nothing clear and solid on the Emirates website what "Flex Plus" actually means.

Further more it says on my ticket (ARN-DXB-ICN and return) "WP 200325/NON-END/FLEX PLUS"

Any idea what the "non-end" means.

Thank you so much for your help in advance
Old Apr 2, 2020, 9:34 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by satie75
Hi, I have a booking with Emirates in booking class A First Class Flex Plus for me and a friend. Where ever I look there seems to be a contradiction with class A and Flex Plus, they don't seem to go together.

I was wondering if i can cancel the ticket for one of the passengers (my friend), and get a full refund for his part. I on my part will fly though. I find plenty of information about Flex Plus on various websites but nothing clear and solid on the Emirates website what "Flex Plus" actually means.

Further more it says on my ticket (ARN-DXB-ICN and return) "WP 200325/NON-END/FLEX PLUS"

Hi Satie75,

Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Emirates sub forum in particular. We'll try to help you (although you might not always be happy with whet you hear but that's outside our control, we are all just passengers).

To address your question: 'NON-END' means 'non endorsable' which means that the ticket cannot be taken over ('endorsed') by another airline (someone please correct me if I am wrong - again).
Secondly, First class Flex+ tickets book into F bucket, not A bucket. A can be either Flex or Saver. So indeed the combination 'A' and "Flex+' is strange.
Finally, it is perfectly possible to cancel one passenger but keep the other one unchanged.
If you booked through the website, you need to contact the call centre (which usually is very easy but might be a bit of a challenge at the moment) to split the booking. If the ticket is indeed Flex+, there should be no cancellation fee for the non-flying passenger. If it is 'A' bucket, there will be a fee.
if your booking is through a travel agent, the EK call centre won't be able to help you and you need to contact the TA.

Good luck!
Old Apr 2, 2020, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Hi Satie75,

Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Emirates sub forum in particular. We'll try to help you (although you might not always be happy with whet you hear but that's outside our control, we are all just passengers).

To address your question: 'NON-END' means 'non endorsable' which means that the ticket cannot be taken over ('endorsed') by another airline (someone please correct me if I am wrong - again).
Secondly, First class Flex+ tickets book into F bucket, not A bucket. A can be either Flex or Saver. So indeed the combination 'A' and "Flex+' is strange.
Finally, it is perfectly possible to cancel one passenger but keep the other one unchanged.
If you booked through the website, you need to contact the call centre (which usually is very easy but might be a bit of a challenge at the moment) to split the booking. If the ticket is indeed Flex+, there should be no cancellation fee for the non-flying passenger. If it is 'A' bucket, there will be a fee.
if your booking is through a travel agent, the EK call centre won't be able to help you and you need to contact the TA.

Good luck!
Thanks for the quick reply. That cleared things up a bit. It says indeed both Flex Plus which indicates changeable for free AND booking class A which suggests Flex or Saver. I booked through AmEx Platinum travel service so I guess I will try to ring them first.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by satie75

Non End yes means not endorseable to other carrier.... However that is not always the correct fare condition of the ticket. Many carriers Inc EK print that on tickets as they don't want the pax to feel he has the flexibility to change his seat to another carrier. So one should check the fare conditions. Sometimes one on going to another carriers ticket desk can be told that they will accept the ticket if endorsed (even though its printed NON END) after checking fare details. The fares that have the least restrictions ie full fares are usually endorseable even though may be printed otherwise. Also worth noting that not all airlines will endorse to all others and not all will accept from all.
Check in depth the fare rules asking where necessary....especially if paying full fare where as much flexibility is desired.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.