Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Kath Timberlake
Can anyone help on any tips for cancelling Emirates flights and getting money back if the ticket is non-cancellable, non refundable?
Unless it's due to a death of a close relative, I doubt you'll be able to get anything back.

It it definitely non-cancellable? Most EK fares are refundable for a fee (not special fares however).
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:18 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Can anyone help on any tips for cancelling Emirates flights and getting money back if the ticket is non-cancellable, non refundable?
I would have thought ‘non cancellable’ and ‘non refundable’ says it all. Or am I missing something.

But welcome to Flyer Talk and to the EK forum in particular!
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:51 pm

Do nothing and hope that a flight is cancelled or changed significantly enough that you're offered a refund.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Hi guys,

First time flying on Emirates on an award booked with AS. Flying JFK-DXB-MLE with the first leg being in Business but the second leg is in Coach due to lack of J availability. Connection time is 1.5 hours connecting to the 9:40 a.m. to MLE which seems to be reasonable.

I've been watching our flight EK204 this week and since Saturday it has consistently left JFK late with the landing time at DXB being too late for us to make the connection to MLE - it landed either the same time as the departure of the connecting flight or way way later (as much as 4 - 5 hours later). There is another flight to MLE that leaves about 1/2 an hour later than our flight which would probably be too late for those landing times too and then the next flight doesn't leave until way past midnight which would obviously cause us to lose our first night at our Maldives resort. I'm wondering why this flight has been so consistently and sometimes even severely delayed this week? It really worries me as it would very much mess up our vacation.

Another question I have is regarding luggage for the return - MLE to DXB flight is in Coach but DXB to JFK is in First and we paid the full amount of miles for an F award so will we be able to check in the F luggage allowance at MLE?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Recent data points are not representative as we had (assisted) Mother Nature literally rain down on us. You'll be fine.

Luggage will be based on the first sector and therefore Y allowance.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:26 pm

Thanks for your response. That's disappointing that we will not be allowed the F luggage allowance even though we paid the full F award mileage of 150k points, but I guess if that's what it is we'll just have to deal with it.

One more question, I've tried sending a DM via Twitter to @EmiratesSupport but nobody ever responded (it's been a few days already). I'm guessing that I won't ever receive any response, so is there any way to contact them other than a phone call which I personally have an aversion to but will do if that's the only option?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by friedablass
Thanks for your response. That's disappointing that we will not be allowed the F luggage allowance even though we paid the full F award mileage of 150k points, but I guess if that's what it is we'll just have to deal with it.

One more question, I've tried sending a DM via Twitter to @EmiratesSupport but nobody ever responded (it's been a few days already). I'm guessing that I won't ever receive any response, so is there any way to contact them other than a phone call which I personally have an aversion to but will do if that's the only option?
The contact form on the website, but this will take a few days to get a reply. I suggest to hammering their Twitter.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 7:29 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue

Try again via twitter but there are a lot reports on the forum that calling the call centre is a fairly positive experience in comparison to a lot of other customer service lines.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 8:22 am

Programs: Skywards Gold

Haha they respond to me in like 10 mins!
Old Jan 16, 2020, 10:44 am

They finally responded to me too but it took a lot longer than 10 mins.
Saltire74 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:28 am

Emirates upgrade for saver fare economy

Hi,

I wanted to know how many miles or cash will be needed to upgrade from eco saver to business class for a flight from London heathrow to Dubai
Old Jan 20, 2020, 5:49 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

The answer is 57500 points.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:22 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Rounaq Choudhari
Hi,

I wanted to know how many miles or cash will be needed to upgrade from eco saver to business class for a flight from London heathrow to Dubai
Hi Rounaq Choudhari,

Welcome to Flyer Talk and the Emirates forum.

DYKWIA has already given you the answer about how many miles you need (57500)
The question about cash is a bit more difficult to answer. If the LHR/DXB leg is part of a longer trip (i.e. you carry on to a different destination after Dubai), then the upgrade can generally not be done with cash. The exception is that sometimes (rarely) you can get an 'upgrade offer' when you check in one like (OLCI). If DXB is your final destination, then the cost will be the difference in fare plus taxes (the APD ex UK in business is higher than in economy).
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:54 pm

EK checked through luggage policy on separate tickets

Hi, will Emirates check through luggage to final destination on 2 separate EK tickets? Itinerary is as follows, 1. MEL-DXB. 2. DXB-MCT.

(I haven't bought the 2nd ticket yet, looking at a flight to MCT with a 2-hour layover in DXB, hope that's enough time). Thanks!

Last edited by Mister P.; Jan 21, 2020 at 3:19 pm
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:09 pm

Purchase Upgrade from Economy to Business Class

I've bought economy saver tickets and was given the option to upgrade by cash to business class. Hoping to get some answers on the following:

1. 1st time travelling on emirates, and came across some discussion on this forum that Emirates sometimes do offer upgrades for a minimal/attractive fee if their biz class is quite empty when it is close to departing date or even departure time. So does this mean I can sit and wait to receive this email as long as I keep seeing a lot of empty biz class seats through Expedia?

2. If I do go for the cash upgrade, am I entitled to lounge access, chauffeur drive and other benefits that comes along with a full fare business class? Because the cheapest business class ticket by emirates does not offer lounge access and chauffeur, correct me if I'm wrong as I've made the booking a week ago.

3. I have a connection time of 1hour 40 mins in dubai for my onward flight to AMS. Should there be a delay on the flight to dubai and ended up missing the onward flight to AMS, how likely is it that I will be offered an upgrade or lounge access for the next available flight to AMS?

Thank you fellow travellers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.