Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020

Old Mar 3, 20, 3:00 am
  #136  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 17,816
Originally Posted by Sam_AE View Post
Newbie here -- looking at booking a Skywards award in F from JNB-DXB-YYZ. Found F on the first leg but only see J available for the DXB-YYZ. I can't seem to find a 'mixed award' booking whereby you book in F and they upgrade the second leg when/if F becomes available. Also, unless I book both legs separately, I can't seem to book it at all on the Emirates website. Any advice? Travel is in August but hoping someone has some tricks of the trade to share.
You can't book mixed awards as far as I am aware. However, if you book separately, and then F becomes available on the DXB-YYZ, then you should be able to get Customer Services to combine everything together for the normal JNB-YYZ number of miles.
DYKWIA is offline  
Old Mar 3, 20, 3:14 am
  #137  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,935
Have 2 x 30k EK account balances I’m likely to build on, any suggestions on the best use in or around Europe? Had looked at using them in the US with JetBlue however could not find availability and the booking process doesn’t seem easy.
pazza2000 is offline  
Old Mar 3, 20, 3:38 am
  #138  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,937
Originally Posted by pazza2000 View Post
Have 2 x 30k EK account balances Im likely to build on, any suggestions on the best use in or around Europe? Had looked at using them in the US with JetBlue however could not find availability and the booking process doesnt seem easy.
easyJet for flights and Rocketmiles for hotels.
pazza2000 likes this.
ft101 is offline  
Old Mar 3, 20, 7:32 am
  #139  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,935
Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
easyJet for flights and Rocketmiles for hotels.
Thanks, never knew hotels via Rocketmiles were an option! Im guessing an EasyJet redemption offers better value?
pazza2000 is offline  
Old Mar 4, 20, 2:05 am
  #140  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,937
Originally Posted by pazza2000 View Post
Thanks, never knew hotels via Rocketmiles were an option! Im guessing an EasyJet redemption offers better value?
I haven't priced up easyJet recently, but originally they were giving about the same value as upgrades, which are usually considered one of the best uses of miles. The one time I looked at Rocketmiles I was shocked at how poor value they were.
pazza2000 likes this.
ft101 is offline  
Old Mar 5, 20, 2:09 am
  #141  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 3,935
Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
I haven't priced up easyJet recently, but originally they were giving about the same value as upgrades, which are usually considered one of the best uses of miles. The one time I looked at Rocketmiles I was shocked at how poor value they were.
Thanks, sounds like I should stick to EasyJet. Plus it looks easier to book via EK than JetBlue also
pazza2000 is offline  
Old Mar 9, 20, 3:16 am
  #142  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 113
Buying Miles

I see a lot of sites where you can buy airline miles for a very cheap price. Does anyone use those sites or is it just scam?
Thnx
larzy1977 is offline  
Old Mar 9, 20, 3:41 am
  #143  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 17,816
Originally Posted by larzy1977 View Post
I see a lot of sites where you can buy airline miles for a very cheap price. Does anyone use those sites or is it just scam?
Thnx
Have you got some examples? My head is saying "scam" immediately. I don't see how you could get EK miles into your account without going through the official method. Even if the 3rd party would transfer miles, the costs would be enormous.
DYKWIA is offline  
Old Mar 9, 20, 5:49 am
  #144  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 113
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Have you got some examples? My head is saying "scam" immediately. I don't see how you could get EK miles into your account without going through the official method. Even if the 3rd party would transfer miles, the costs would be enormous.
https://buyairlinemiles.com
https://www.airmiles.hk/?www.airmiles.hk

Thnx
larzy1977 is offline  
Old Mar 9, 20, 6:43 am
  #145  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 17,816
I've no idea how that would work. Combined with the spelling mistakes on the website, and the payment in advance, for that reason - I'm out
chelseastu and larzy1977 like this.
DYKWIA is offline  
Old Mar 9, 20, 7:42 am
  #146  
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Where My Heart Is
Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Blue, FB Gold, Shebamiles, Blue
Posts: 3,334
Originally Posted by larzy1977 View Post
I see a lot of sites where you can buy airline miles for a very cheap price. Does anyone use those sites or is it just scam?
Thnx
Given that this would be against practically all airline FFPs, I wouldnt touch anything like this with a barge pole.
larzy1977 likes this.
Saltire74 is offline  
Old Mar 10, 20, 3:04 pm
  #147  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 155
Is it not possible to buy a oneway saver fare? I'm searching MLE to DXB- the one way fare is ~$845 (flex). If I search a round trip (with a bogus return), that drops the price to ~$577. Obviously better, but it shows individually that the flight (MLE-DXB, not DXB-MLE on the later return date) I want is just $299. Anyway to access this $299 fare? Thanks!
bdubs7 is offline  
Old Mar 10, 20, 3:45 pm
  #148  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: EK1 ML5A ;-)
Programs: EK iO
Posts: 699
Originally Posted by bdubs7 View Post
Is it not possible to buy a oneway saver fare? I'm searching MLE to DXB- the one way fare is ~$845 (flex). If I search a round trip (with a bogus return), that drops the price to ~$577. Obviously better, but it shows individually that the flight (MLE-DXB, not DXB-MLE on the later return date) I want is just $299. Anyway to access this $299 fare? Thanks!
No you wont be able to, the 299 usd shown is the half round trip fare

Presence of one way savers depends on the POS and OD

case in point pos AE: dxbtun but not dxbcdg
bdubs7 likes this.
iFlyMoreThanYou is offline  
Old Mar 11, 20, 9:15 am
  #149  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 155
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou View Post
No you wont be able to, the 299 usd shown is the half round trip fare

Presence of one way savers depends on the POS and OD

case in point pos AE: dxbtun but not dxbcdg
Thanks. What do you mean by OD? So there will never be a one-way saver ticket?
bdubs7 is offline  
Old Mar 11, 20, 5:34 pm
  #150  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: EK1 ML5A ;-)
Programs: EK iO
Posts: 699
Originally Posted by bdubs7 View Post
Thanks. What do you mean by OD? So there will never be a one-way saver ticket?
there will be, but this is based on pos and od (origin and destination, from/to city) pair. this is why i gave the example, if you search for dxbtun, you will find a one-way saver, but dxbcdg you won't find one.
bdubs7 likes this.
iFlyMoreThanYou is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread