Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 12:07 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Skywards Gold
Emirates holidays upgrade

How to buy an economy class tickets from Emirates holidays and then upgrade to business with my skyward miles?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 11:44 am

Does the First Class Lounge in DXB offer free haircuts? Can anyone confirm recently? Not just the 15-min spa treatment.

Thanks so much!
Old Feb 17, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by london11
Does the First Class Lounge in DXB offer free haircuts? Can anyone confirm recently? Not just the 15-min spa treatment.

Thanks so much!
No, they don’t.

https://www.timelessspa.co/emirates-guests
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I have a trip to southeast Asia in May 2020. I was thinking of re-positioning to CMB (or elsewhere in region) to take advantage of booking a cheaper paid F fare to SFO. I'm currently seeing these fares at about ~3400 one way. Is this the cheapest fare ex-CMB? Is there another departure airport I should be checking?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Are these base fares? CMB isn't as cheap as it used to be. Consider DEL/BOM, but those have also seen price hikes over the years.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
Are these base fares? CMB isn't as cheap as it used to be. Consider DEL/BOM, but those have also seen price hikes over the years.
Thanks for the info. This is the all in including taxes for a one way. CMB-SFO is about 3,400 one way (5K round trip).
Old Feb 17, 2020, 10:07 pm

Programs: EK Gold
For me flying F to SYD, CMB has been the cheapest and prices haven’t changed over the last 2 years. I recently searched most of the repositioning destinations within the region for my May flights, and CMB (return) was coming in around AED 16k with Karachi not far off at AED 17k. It then takes a pretty steep jump if considering other outstations.
JHake10 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 8:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Anyone else noticed that the mileage upgrade offers when booking at emirates.com (20% off) only are shown for flex plus now? They used to show for both flex and flex plus. Are they still available for flex and they just dont show them anymore or are these really only available on flex plus now?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: EK Gold
Every time I have seen them recently (last 2-3 weeks) they have been showing only on flex plus.

I just assumed it was for that flight and would be available on flex on others, guess not.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 6:14 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Are they still handing out free sim cards at immigration in T3?
Old Feb 23, 2020, 6:51 am

Is 55H in Economy on A380 a good seat?
Old Feb 23, 2020, 7:44 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by xenomorph
Is 55H in Economy on A380 a good seat?
Hi xenomorph, welcome to FlyerTalk and to the EK forum in particular!

55H is (as you have seen already) an aisle seat in the second cabin. I guess that as a seat it’s not different from any other seat, and I would certainly not describe any seat as ‘better’ or ‘worse’. As the front cabin is marked as ‘preferred seats’, for which you have to pay unless you have the required Skywards status, the second cabin is best as far as quick de-planing is concerned. And in my view D and G aisle seats are preferable over C and G seats as there is in principe only one instead of two people who need you to get up to get out of their seat.
Enjoy the flight!
Old Feb 23, 2020, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Hi xenomorph, welcome to FlyerTalk and to the EK forum in particular!

55H is (as you have seen already) an aisle seat in the second cabin. I guess that as a seat it’s not different from any other seat, and I would certainly not describe any seat as ‘better’ or ‘worse’. As the front cabin is marked as ‘preferred seats’, for which you have to pay unless you have the required Skywards status, the second cabin is best as far as quick de-planing is concerned. And in my view D and G aisle seats are preferable over C and G seats as there is in principe only one instead of two people who need you to get up to get out of their seat.
Enjoy the flight!
thanks
i assume C to G seats have same amount of leg room as H to K?
Old Feb 23, 2020, 8:52 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by xenomorph
thanks
i assume C to G seats have same amount of leg room as H to K?
Yes, apart from (expensive) ‘extra legroom seats, the legroom is substantially the same everywhere. It’s economy class, no matter how you look at it. Tens of thousands of people do it, I’d like to think EK is a bit better than the average.
Fun? No, in my view. But you’ll survive fine!
Old Feb 23, 2020, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Yes, apart from (expensive) ‘extra legroom seats, the legroom is substantially the same everywhere. It’s economy class, no matter how you look at it. Tens of thousands of people do it, I’d like to think EK is a bit better than the average.
Fun? No, in my view. But you’ll survive fine!
Yeah
I will check at airport if there are any leftover business class seats they giving at discount.
doubt it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.