Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020

Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, Air NZ Airpoints
Originally Posted by sophus
Just wondering, if I obtain an Emirates business class award ticket using ConnectMiles would It be possible for me to later upgrade this ticket to first class using my Skywards miles? The connectmiles website says the ticket is Business Saver (D) fare basis CPO33IA. Many thanks
If its an award ticket I don't believe it can be upgraded unfortunately
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
No, you won't be able to, and you also not eligible for CDD/CDA/lounge.
Originally Posted by Nzglen
If its an award ticket I don't believe it can be upgraded unfortunately
I might be mistaken but I seem to remember I have previously upgraded an award ticket that was obtained using Skywards miles, but trying to find out if same is possible if ticket is purchased using miles from another program. Cheers
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:02 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
No, you won't be able to, and you also not eligible for CDD/CDA/lounge.
I thought awards (D bucket) had lounge access? No CD.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 4:12 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Correct.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:43 am

This won't be allowed.
Thanks! Saves me some carry-on room.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Wink

Originally Posted by thijsseh
My bad, not yet - all I can say is enjoy this benefit (lounge access on awards ticketed by other airlines) while it lasts
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:00 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

My bad, not yet - all I can say is enjoy this benefit (lounge access on awards ticketed by other airlines) while it lasts
You seem to have inside information on an upcoming change.......
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA, Etihad
Seat reservation frustration

Hi folks

It’s my first time flying EK and I depart on Saturday, flights booked earlier today. Flying J and had expected to be able to select my seats online via manage my booking. Website on desktop and mobile and trying through the app doesn’t seem to allow my seat changes to be saved - is it just glitchy, am I just unlucky or am I missing something obvious as a EK newbie?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Looking to upgrade a UK-DXB-DEL flight.

1. On the EK website it says 46,000 miles to upgrade when on the buy economy class page. Is that all the way to DEL or would that only be to DXB?
2. Can I book via a 3rd party website and upgrade my flight?
3. Anyone know roughly how much more tax for Business? Is it just the extra APD that is payable?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by TSR2
Hi folks

It’s my first time flying EK and I depart on Saturday, flights booked earlier today. Flying J and had expected to be able to select my seats online via manage my booking. Website on desktop and mobile and trying through the app doesn’t seem to allow my seat changes to be saved - is it just glitchy, am I just unlucky or am I missing something obvious as a EK newbie?
There aren't many reports of problems at seat selection - it's usually pretty straightforward and can be done immediately after booking and changed right up the last minute. 48 hour online check in should be opening soon so you could try again then or you could call. Could be full/almost full and only blocked seats left which will be made available at check in.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 1:02 am

Programs: BA, Etihad
Originally Posted by ft101
Could be full/almost full and only blocked seats left which will be made available at check in.
Thanks, that could well be the issue - there’s only about four other seats on each flight. Oh well, was hoping to avoid 26J but maybe I’ll get lucky at check in!
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:07 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by onlysuites

1. On the EK website it says 46,000 miles to upgrade when on the buy economy class page. Is that all the way to DEL or would that only be to DXB?
3. Anyone know roughly how much more tax for Business? Is it just the extra APD that is payable?
1: The miles required for an upgrade depend on the ticket type, i.e. saver, flex or flex+. Your best option is to look at: https://www.emirates.com/account/za/...alculator.aspx. You can put in the entire UK-DEL trip or individual legs and see the result. Be aware that upgrading two separate legs costs more miles than the entire UK-DEL trip on one go. Of course there needs to be availability on both legs to do this.

2. Yes. Once your booking is in the EK system you can go to MMB and upgrade with miles.

3. EX UK just the extra APD. Don't know off hand how much that is.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by onlysuites

You can check here :-

https://www.emirates.com/account/uk/...alculator.aspx

Looking at MAN-DEL, this is what comes up. Assuming you are on a Flex fare, then 45,500 would be correct :-

Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Thank you.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:05 am

Can anyone help on any tips for cancelling Emirates flights and getting money back if the ticket is non-cancellable, non refundable?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.