Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2020, 11:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I think that's more then reasonable. What exactly were you looking for? They paid for your taxi and gave you a decent compensation.
Sorry - thought the " " would make it clear I was just joking. It seems like for many here on FF it's about getting as much compensation as possible.
onlysuites and thijsseh like this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 3:34 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
Sorry - thought the " " would make it clear I was just joking. It seems like for many here on FF it's about getting as much compensation as possible.
I think you should have asked for more miles. After all you are iO. And maybe special free food in the F Lounge....
iFlyMoreThanYou likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 9:43 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
I am a new flyer to EK, and I have an upcoming occasion (Nov 2021, yes I have nothing better to do than think about this trip given Covid lockdowns) that might let me get EK crossed off of my bucket list. My travel itinerary is ORD-PEK then PEK-HKG then SIN-ORD. My current thinking is doing the SIN-ORD leg with SIN-DXB-ORD... and the PEK-HKG will probably be CX using AS award booking.....still debating on ORD-PEK leg

Questions (assuming routes and aircraft return to something very similar to pre-Covid by the time of my trip):
1) Any insights regarding relative availability for F awards on SIN-DXB-ORD.... looks like there have historically been two SIN-DXB flight about 1 1/2 hr apart ...one an A380, one a B777 .... DXB-ORD has been B777

2) any knowledge regarding the B777 aircraft... new or old F configuration... possibility the route gets the new F by Nov 2021

3) I believe the DXB-ORD segment is old F on a B777... I thought I saw in another tread that at some point pre-Covid that the CEO hinted possibility DXB-ORD could be getting upgrade... fake news??

4) I have also read here that with EK... it is a much better value with award bookings if booking a RT than a one way segment.... is award availability better or same depending on directions..eg ORD-DXB-PEK vs SIN-DXB-ORD

4.5) To book EK as RT would mean 2x flight time and +2 day (given traveling east bound on ORD-DXB-PEK) vs my alternative to suck it up and fly UA Polaris direct flight ORD-PEK..... which is better proposition UA Polaris direct flight in 15 hrs with +1 arrival or EK in F at about 27 hrs with +2 arrival

5) I know award bookings for F are scarce on EK...so my expectation is to try for one seat on award and paid on the other seat..... historically what is the most probable window of time for the F award booking... best window of time for best price on paid ticket (I intend to get a subscription for EF sometime around Oct this year so I can more accurately track availability

Last edited by Brostman; Jul 31, 2020 at 8:58 am Reason: grammar
Old Aug 7, 2020, 3:26 am

Programs: Qantas
Hello Crew!
Flight tomorrow on EK409 from MEL to DXB in F. Could anyone tell me if A6-ECE has the new ICE? Conscious its a slightly older plane at ~13 yrs, but I believe they were doing some refurbs?

Brostman - I am by no means au fait with this stuff, but I got 2 F tickets from aus to the UK with about 2 months notice - it feels like COVID is making things a mite unpredictable, but with less people travelling I'd like to think there are more award seats available.

Ben
Old Aug 7, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Ben.
Hello Crew!
Flight tomorrow on EK409 from MEL to DXB in F. Could anyone tell me if A6-ECE has the new ICE? Conscious its a slightly older plane at ~13 yrs, but I believe they were doing some refurbs?

Brostman - I am by no means au fait with this stuff, but I got 2 F tickets from aus to the UK with about 2 months notice - it feels like COVID is making things a mite unpredictable, but with less people travelling I'd like to think there are more award seats available.

Ben
Not sure what you mean by updated ICE but ECE does have ICE Digital Widescreen. It will have the newer ICE software but not the wireless hardware if that helps.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 7:02 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by Ben.
Hello Crew!

Ben
It'll have the relatively small ICE screen.

You're the only 2 in F, excellent choice for social distancing
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: Skywards
There is an offer which is ending soon (Book with confidence) where you can be flexible once in moving your ticket.
What is the likelihood of Emirates extending this offer? I.e. another offer very similar
Old Sep 20, 2020, 12:00 pm

Programs: Skywards
How do I get the Ambassador, Emirates title?
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 1:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Articles 9 of Emirates' conditions of carriage (https://c.ekstatic.net/ecl/documents...f-carriage.pdf) outlines three choices a passenger may choose from in the event of a cancellation, re-route or delay:

9.2.2 You will be entitled to choose one of the following three available remedies if we cancel a flight; fail to operate a flight reasonably according to the schedule; fail to stop at your destination or Stopover destination; or cause you to miss a connecting flight with us or with another airline for which you hold a through booking/confirmed reservation and adequate time existed to make the connection after the scheduled time of arrival of your flight. The three available remedies for you to choose from are available without extra charge and are set out in Articles 9.2.2(a) to (c) below. See also Article 9.2.3 for limitations on your rights and our liability.

The second remedy is travel on another carrier:

9.2.2(b) Remedy Two - we will re-route you and your Baggage within a reasonable period of time to the destination shown on your Ticket on another of our flights or on the flight of another airline, or by other mutually agreed means and class of carriage. We will also refund you any difference between the fare, taxes, fees, charges and surcharges paid for your carriage and any lower fare, taxes, fees, charges and surcharges applicable to your revised carriage.

Does this mean that if you book a ticket on a new route that EK doesn't end up operating (i.e. cancels prior to launch), the passenger can choose to be carried on another airline, rather than simply get a refund?
Old Nov 16, 2020, 3:19 pm

Right now emirates has a very generous policy to change your ticket (including free date and free destination changes within the same region as long as its same fare-class, no fare-difference applied), "if your travel has been impacted by covid-19"

Can someone pleas clarify what exactly counts as "if your travel has been impacted by covid-19". E.g. if my flight is to New York, can I call and say that "covid rate there is too high, please change my flight date to 2 months later"? Can I call and say "my flight is to New York which has a quarantine rule, can you please change my destiination to Dallas which does not have a quarantine rule".

Basically, from experience, how loosely are they interpreting "your travel is impacted by covid-19".
Old Nov 18, 2020, 8:01 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Flying into DXB at 7:10 PM (EK236)

Leaving DXB at 3:05 AM (EK384)

Both flights in business on EK so I am assuming that I will have lounge access. Is is an issue to have such late and a long layover staying at the airport during this COVID?
Old Nov 19, 2020, 1:23 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Flying into DXB at 7:10 PM (EK236)

Leaving DXB at 3:05 AM (EK384)

Both flights in business on EK so I am assuming that I will have lounge access. Is is an issue to have such late and a long layover staying at the airport during this COVID?
no it will be fine - long time to be in there but you’ll find somewhere to sit eat and drink.
Kalboz and larzy1977 like this.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 7:52 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by m3red
no it will be fine - long time to be in there but you’ll find somewhere to sit eat and drink.

The only caveat being that if you are on a 'special' (H bucket) fare, you wont have lounge access (unless you have Silver or above status).
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:30 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by thijsseh
The only caveat being that if you are on a 'special' (H bucket) fare, you wont have lounge access (unless you have Silver or above status).
On the confirmation letter, it is showing Class D (Business) am I not allowed lounge access?
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
but who books those cheap fares

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.