Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Paid access to Emirates Lounges in Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid access to Emirates Lounges in Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by avcritic
If one does the math, Marhaba lounge for $40 and inflight 250Ml Moet for $25 is the most cost effective way to get wasted in Y.
I think better math would be to take advantage of the fact alcoholic beverages are complimentary and effectively unlimited in Y...
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
It's 200ml and hardly enough to get wasted
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
I think better math would be to take advantage of the fact alcoholic beverages are complimentary and effectively unlimited in Y...
Good points Skywardhunter and ET.

All three options combined is the easy way to get wasted.

Stay sober enough by the time you leave lounge not to be denied boarding at gate. Order Moet and store it. Enjoy unlimited complimentary drinks until FA denies. Open up your own bottle.

Nothing good can come out of this or EK needs to implement an expensive and complicated alcohol consumption tracking system. Wristbands with barcode would be nice.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Good points Skywardhunter and ET.

All three options combined is the easy way to get wasted.

Stay sober enough by the time you leave lounge not to be denied boarding at gate. Order Moet and store it. Enjoy unlimited complimentary drinks until FA denies. Open up your own bottle.

Nothing good can come out of this or EK needs to implement an expensive and complicated alcohol consumption tracking system. Wristbands with barcode would be nice.
Why don't you all plug an IV into the arm and connect to a bottle of whatever booze ...
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Why don't you all plug an IV into the arm and connect to a bottle of whatever booze ...
Indeed.

Your liver would be delighted.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by RichL
Well, strictly speaking, it does. Just because Virgin choose to call their product something else, it is still their equivalent of first class.
I've flown Virgin upper class and it wasn't as good as EK business - IMHO - but I've also flown EK 1st - and that just blows Virgin out of the water!

Virgin's upper class is equivalent to another airline's business class - it doesn't have anything which equates to first.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: EK Platinum
oh dear
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by Lady Northumberland
I've flown Virgin upper class and it wasn't as good as EK business - IMHO - but I've also flown EK 1st - and that just blows Virgin out of the water!

Virgin's upper class is equivalent to another airline's business class - it doesn't have anything which equates to first.
Thanks for putting me straight
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: IHG Gold
If one does the math, Marhaba lounge for $40 and inflight 250Ml Moet for $25 is the most cost effective way to get wasted in Y.
250ml? That's just a swig.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:30 pm

I definitely feel that $100 is a bit steep, but I suppose that is a combination of trying to keep it sort of exclusive, and also I am guessing there is an aspect of getting more profit.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Just got my e-mail and noticed in the mass of very small print that if you overstay the 4 hour limit because of a delay to your (EK) flight, EK will charge you another $100....
I'm sure everyone will be happy.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Just got my e-mail and noticed in the mass of very small print that if you overstay the 4 hour limit because of a delay to your (EK) flight, EK will charge you another $100....
I'm sure everyone will be happy.
I wonder how they will check this unless the pax is doing a direct boarding from the lounge ???

They only scan the boarding pass while entering the lounge and I have never seen any checks on leaving on any EK lounge (or for that matter in any other lounge)
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Hmm..... interesting bit of info there pomkiwi

Given the fact that in the past we have periodically seen posters here talking of plans to spend (by choice !) hours & hours & hours in the lounge, you can fully understand EK's wish to advise in advance of an 'overstay' charge ; especially when you also occasionally read of posters aiming to fill their boots with food & booze during such extended visits.

I am however intrigued as to what the process will be for a) monitoring the duration of each stay, and b) enforcing, where necessary, the additional charge.

I really think that a First class lounge is just not the sort of place to be witnessing, perhaps, a member of lounge personnel approaching a pax who happens to be seated near to me and then overhearing discussions (disputes even ....?) about time & money.

Yet another reason why I wholly regret EK's decision to introduce this PAYG policy at its premium facility.

EDIT - crossed with ukdoctor's post.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
I wonder how they will check this unless the pax is doing a direct boarding from the lounge ???

They only scan the boarding pass while entering the lounge and I have never seen any checks on leaving on any EK lounge (or for that matter in any other lounge)
maybe they take the BP from you, marhaba does the same (also limited to 4h or re-pay)
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:43 pm

Programs: Skywards,
First Class Lounge for sale?!!

I am sure many of Skywards Gold members have received an email from EK saying that we can buy access to First Class Lounge for USD100.

EK must be in a bad shape to start monetizing the First Class Lounge. Now we can expect fair number of people moving about the lounge which make me wonder what is the point of being a Platinum or travel first to deserve the lounge access.

This sucks!!
Old Jan 26, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: EK Platinum
It is stupid.

It would be nice if Plat members were offered some more benefits.

Too be honest I don't really see the point of staying with Emirates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.