Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Paid access to Emirates Lounges in Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid access to Emirates Lounges in Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2017, 1:59 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by m3red
Take Manchester - fully loaded 380, half of Y gold - not much room in the lounge.

thankfully I think it's priced so people won't bother - still a ridiculous decision.
Very few would pay £100 when you can pay £25 for the Aspire or Escape lounges.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: EK Platinum
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Looking at your locations I wonder if any other airline can match EKs network connecting them? At the moment it seems as though pretty much every airline is looking for ways to maximise revenues at the expense of passenger experience (the BA forum is probably the best place to learn about this!).
To be honest I doubt that experience elsewhere will be much better - and EK remain reasonably competetive price wise. (QR will give EK a run for their money but don't compete on reach or frequency at the moment in my opinion)
Originally Posted by sydtogla
And let's face it....EY has a long way to go.
Singapore Airlines is a potential alternative. Thoughts?

Not sure if the customer experience at the moment is much better as it has been a while since I last flew with them.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Wouldn't work. Many people order special meals and then take the food from the regular menu if it seems nicer .If they are asked by crew about why they are not eating the special meal they act dumb/pretend they didn't order it/Its an IT mistake etc etc.

Will work in a scenario where one pays for a meal in advance (Like in a low cost carrier) but not on EK (where its all inclusive)
I understand where you are coming from , but wouldn't it better thou ? Let us say that all the meals were the same being loaded on the flight as in the section of meals online , so the i didn't order that scenario doesn't occur ! ^
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by PlatinumRaider
Singapore Airlines is a potential alternative. Thoughts?

Not sure if the customer experience at the moment is much better as it has been a while since I last flew with them.
Well can't claim to be an expert on SQ (although the first occasion I flew in F with them and when asked if sir would prefer DP or Krug and I replied, 'Both but not in the same glass', 2 glasses and 2 bottles were brought with a smile). I think service quality in F remains generally excellent and family members have had good trips in J.

I'm not sure that their FF programme is especially generous. They do seem 10-20% more expensive than SQ whenever I look (usually UK to Sydney fares). I can't comment whether one has a more convenient route network for your travels.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:29 am

Blue in paid J.

$100 or $200 for F access? T&C refer to $100 upgrade fee, but within the context of Elite members. I didn't see any language specific to ticketed J, which makes me think $200.

Thanks.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Blue in paid J.

$100 or $200 for F access? T&C refer to $100 upgrade fee, but within the context of Elite members. I didn't see any language specific to ticketed J, which makes me think $200.

Thanks.
?!? Very strangely worded question. I assume you ask whether a non-status pax in paid J can pay $100 for F lounge access in DXB or whether you need to pay $200, as the offer terms refer to status pax in the context of the $100 upgrade to F lounge fee.

I would expect that anyone with legitimate right to access the J lounge (incl paid J) may pay $100 to upgrade to F access.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
?!? Very strangely worded question. I assume you ask whether a non-status pax in paid J can pay $100 for F lounge access in DXB or whether you need to pay $200, as the offer terms refer to status pax in the context of the $100 upgrade to F lounge fee.

I would expect that anyone with legitimate right to access the J lounge (incl paid J) may pay $100 to upgrade to F access.
That's the answer I prefer, but as you note you "expect". I'd prefer there be something specific in T&Cs, though I'm prepared to pay he $200 if necessary. Thanks for your input.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Blue in paid J.

Thanks.
You can upgrade your access to the F lounge for 100 USD.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
I've been to the F lounges in concourse A and B this morning. Neither is looking at all busy - no evidence of brisk sales for access!
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
I've been to the F lounges in concourse A and B this morning. Neither is looking at all busy - no evidence of brisk sales for access!
Was dead the other day too
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Doubt F will be an issue. Its the J lounges which might cause problems at peak times.(especially B)

​​​​​ Any update about how busy the J lounges are ?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: EK Gold
Wait for half term have a feeling it will kick off a bit then.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by RichL
Wait for half term have a feeling it will kick off a bit then.
Time will tell, but am inclined to agree.

I think many folk will cave in to the temptation to "treat ourselves .... we're on holiday after all ...."

It fits with the image of Dubai as a 'luxury' leisure destination - and something to tell friends about when back home (you won't believe how big the lounge was ..... and so much 'free' food & drink ..... could have stayed there for a week .....)

People might not do it regularly - but it only needs a certain number of different people to do it every day .... and things could soon get a tad busy.......
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:13 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by subject2load
People might not do it regularly - but it only needs a certain number of different people to do it every day .... and things could soon get a tad busy.......
Most holiday makers wouldn't know the difference between the lounges at DXB. They see :-

- Free Food
- Free Booze
- Away from the masses

So, any of the normal lounges will offer this. Who would pay $100 for EK lounge access when they could get Marhaba $40 (or whatever it is).
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Well from what I sometimes hear about crowded Marhaba, it can be more of a case of joining the masses rather than getting away from them.

I know what you're saying re comparative costs. But I also think that Emirates does have a certain brand name 'cachet', largely due to its high-profile ad & sponsorship activity. And that's why I think that a good number could be tempted to splash out on a lounge that actually carries the name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.