Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Paid access to Emirates Lounges in Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid access to Emirates Lounges in Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 1:02 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Mooooooouuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee
Don't tell me BA are ferrying them from LHR to DXB now?????

You're going to get your own pet for the extra $100/200?

S
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by Saltire74

S
BA does it for free

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-39130580
Old Mar 4, 2017, 2:11 pm

S
For 100$ a person they better have more than one!
Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:31 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by justatourist
For 100$ a person they better have more than one!
They're London mice you know. Born and bred, hence the price tag for the exclusivity

S
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:13 am

They're London mice you know. Born and bred, hence the price tag for the exclusivity

S
Mice in London can't be that rare
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Mice in London can't be that rare
Depends on how long you cook 'em...
Old Mar 8, 2017, 3:10 am

Just got the email and 25 outstation lounges can now have access purchased, but only for travelling companions of Gold and Platinum members. $100 US per person.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
Just got the email and 25 outstation lounges can now have access purchased, but only for travelling companions of Gold and Platinum members. $100 US per person.
I think that's fair, to make it for travelling companions. Price tag a bit hefty. I'd say if you're with someone who already has access let them get in for a market-related price like 50$. If you're just buying with no entitlement otherwise then pay 100$ (or get lost)
Old Mar 8, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: EK Gold / IHG Plat Elite / BA Gold
It was only time before....Official - Selected Outstation paid "guest" lounge access

Just got this. Does note "selected" outstation lounges though.... Looks like only for Gold & Platinum members so may limit numbers on some of these already quite crowded outstations:

Paid lounge access at the Eligible Airports* is available only to Skywards Platinum & Gold Members for additional companion(s) they wish to bring along, provided their companion is also travelling onwards on the same Eligible Emirates Flight. Fees to access the Emirates Lounges at the above stated Eligible Airports* is USD 100, to be paid in local currency fixed at an equivalent rate (the above excludes Dubai International Airport).
--------------------------------------------------------

Dear

Following the introduction of our new paid lounge access benefit at Dubai International airport, we have expanded this to selected lounges across our global network.

You can now pay to bring more guests into our Emirates lounges worldwide, over and above your existing guest entitlement*.

You and your additional travel companions can choose from a wide selection of gourmet dining options prepared by our expert chefs, while enjoying unrivalled pre-flight service in our luxury lounges.

Additional guest access is USD 100 per person for a period of four hours, subject to availability. Children below 12 years are charged at half the price and infants below two years may enter free of charge. Guests need to be travelling on the same Emirates flight or Emirates codeshare flight operated by Qantas.

Share the exclusive Emirates lounge experience together for a memorable start to your journey.

----------------------------------

List of outstations where $100 gets you to guest someone:

Apart from Paid lounge access at Dubai International Airport as set out above, Skywards Platinum and Gold tier members can now also pay for additional access for companion(s), over the number of complimentary companion(s) they are otherwise entitled to, only at the below mentioned Eligible Airports* (excluding Dubai International Airport).
Auckland
Birmingham
Brisbane
Cape Town
Delhi
Düsseldorf
Frankfurt
Glasgow
Hamburg
Johannesburg
Kuala Lumpur
London Gatwick
London Heathrow
Los Angeles
Manchester
Melbourne
Milan
Munich
New York John F. Kennedy
Paris Charles de Gaulle
Perth
San Francisco
Sydney
Tokyo Narita
Zürich

Last edited by cois; Mar 8, 2017 at 3:39 am
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I think that's fair, to make it for travelling companions. Price tag a bit hefty. I'd say if you're with someone who already has access let them get in for a market-related price like 50$. If you're just buying with no entitlement otherwise then pay 100$ (or get lost)
Some of the cheaper cost of living locations are ironically more expensive to stock because of high charges on imports and luxury taxes. 100 USD is fair although expensive, especially as you also don't want to clog up the lounges
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:07 am

Some of the cheaper cost of living locations are ironically more expensive to stock because of high charges on imports and luxury taxes. 100 USD is fair although expensive, especially as you also don't want to clog up the lounges
Yeah, wine in Cape Town must be costing them an absolute fortune!
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:09 am

Yeah, wine in Cape Town must be costing them an absolute fortune!
the main culprit is champagne - although from the stats I've seen, QF pax, both those on QF flights and QF elites drink significantly disproportionate amounts of champagne compared to EK pax (i.e. the times they are in lounges sees champagne use skyrocket).
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:11 am

the main culprit is champagne - although from the stats I've seen, QF pax, both those on QF flights and QF elites drink significantly disproportionate amounts of champagne compared to EK pax (i.e. the times they are in lounges sees champagne use skyrocket).
Bottle of Moet is 30$ in Cape Town! Aside from m3red and the aussies who's drinking an entire bottle?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:36 am

Bottle of Moet is 30$ in Cape Town! Aside from m3red and the aussies who's drinking an entire bottle?
You know the EK pax profile has a large British contingent
Old Mar 8, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Lufthansa Miles & More Blue, SAS EuroBonus Blue
I'm sitting in the J lounge in concourse B as I type this. It's 2:40 am and it's pretty busy here, but from what I have read before it's "rush hour" at DXB at the moment. Although busy there are plenty of free seats available. The area around the Möet bar was actually pretty quiet when I was there about an hour ago. I guess there aren't many QF pax here at the moment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.