Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Paid access to Emirates Lounges in Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond

even more crowded lounges in Dubai soon

For the first time, you no longer have to fly First Class or Business Class to enjoy our exclusive lounges. You can now pay to access Emirates lounges at Dubai International Airport, and bring guests who are also travelling on the same flight, for an additional charge*.

So whether you wish to indulge in a delicious meal, catch up on a bit of business, or unwind with a spa treatment – you can now relax in the tranquillity of our luxury lounges.

DXB lounge access fees: First Class Lounges: USD 200; Business Class Lounges: USD 100; The Emirates Lounge: USD 100.
• Fees to upgrade from Business Class lounge to First Class lounge: USD 100.
• The fees are applicable for one-time access per adult for a maximum stay in the lounge of 4 hours only.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Been discussed here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...elling-gf.html

Where do you see this? EK published somewhere? Sounds like copy from an e-mail or their website or a press release?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
email received this morning

The learn more link did not take me to the website though as tryed to open on my phone

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...ccess-13012017
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Not even remotely tempting at those prices
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
What a devaluation in product
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:34 am

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...ccess-13012017

I just had the same email!! No way for $100
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by tom139
? The fact I can now consider to be getting 100$ * 2 in value just from lounge visits in DXB makes me quite happy for my 600$ economy ticket. I can't see that many people using this.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:42 am

What's interesting is that Silver/Gold can now pay 100$ to use the F lounge instead of J, that's interesting! Still pricey but for some it may be tempting as a once-off to experience the F lounge.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
? The fact I can now consider to be getting 100$ * 2 in value just from lounge visits in DXB makes me quite happy for my 600$ economy ticket. I can't see that many people using this.
Agreed - it is high enough so that fare conscious travellers are unlikely to use it, but it solves the issue of pax arguing they want to bring in their spouse/extra adult kids/boyfriend/girlfriend/nanny/"I used to be a gold member"/"is this how you treat platinums?"/"last time they let me in": face-saving all round as you can now just pay the fee...or be shown to be stingy in front of your dearest mother/girl you picked up in Y

Let's face it, if you're travelling J or F you are likely to be able to afford the extra 100/200 dollars for a guest over and beyond your skywards/ticket entitlement...
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:52 am
Original Poster

I must admit i am tempted to pay for the first class lounge access if my flight departs from concourse B.. Instead of popping over to the business lounge in concourse A
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:58 am
Lux

Originally Posted by tom139
Surely an increase in valuation at those prices! I'm using $5,000+ worth a year.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:01 am

Wishful thinking but a nice benefit for gold members would be a once annual free visit to F Lounge. Will cost EK little and may motivate them to pay the USD100 or buy F.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Or maybe its the start of discounted business saver tickets not coming with lounge access?
Or chaeuffer car.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by stanontour
Or maybe its the start of discounted business saver tickets not coming with lounge access?
Or chaeuffer car.
Without CD, I can definitely see this. Without lounge access? I doubt it. At least hub lounges will surely always be included, outstation contract lounges maybe not but even that is hard to imagine. EK would be shooting themselves in the foot by devaluing their product that much.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: EK Gold
Huge mistake this is but who am I to argue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.