Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Paid access to Emirates Lounges in Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid access to Emirates Lounges in Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by RichL
I can just see it as paying $100 to drink as much as you can in 4 hours and get as drunk as you can.
Imagine doing that and heading to a flight in Y where you won't get a water for about 2 hours!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:19 am

God help us all if they offer this in outstations
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:38 am

I can just see it as paying $100 to drink as much as you can in 4 hours and get as drunk as you can.
If you are paying $100 you either already have J access and are upgrading to F and so can drink all you like anyway, or you are in Y, either guesting someone into the lounge (so you can drink $100 anyway) or in the final case deciding to pay $100 for the upgrade.

I don't think there are many people in the last category, not at least flying Y and would think of nothing of $100 just for drink - there are cheaper bars in DXB.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by m3red
God help us all if they offer this in outstations
It was raised by DXB, but there was some pushback from station managers, allegedly...
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You can get several different types of Moet at the Champagne Bar in the J lounge in concourse B, including vintage ones.
Hate to say it, but I foresee them stopping serving other vintages in the J lounge. How can it be that the business class lounge serves better champagne than the first lounge?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
It was raised by DXB, but there was some pushback from station managers, allegedly...
so do you think people will go for this?

F lounge should not be a "pay" lounge. Desperate times at EK
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:22 am

so do you think people will go for this?

For 200USD who cares really? Apparently the high tea at the Burj Al Arab is less than that. And presumably better catered.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Do we know of any other ('premium') carriers who allow paid access to what were previously dedicated F only lounges, anywhere in their network ....?

Can't say I've ever encountered any equivalent examples myself - but perhaps I've led a sheltered life ....

Paradoxically - despite the additional revenue this will bring in for EK - I'd say a drop in overall quality, atmosphere, and perhaps general service standards too is almost certain to follow, over time.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by HKprince
Hate to say it, but I foresee them stopping serving other vintages in the J lounge. How can it be that the business class lounge serves better champagne than the first lounge?
I wondered this but it does! EK for you...

367 aed doesn't go far in a pub. It's more than that for a bottle of Moët so you could easily drink $100 worth in 4 hours.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:28 am

Get ready for the $50 shower, available to J (maybe Y too ....?) pax on 388's, on a first-come,-first-served basis .........
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
Get ready for the $50 shower, available to J (maybe Y too ....?) pax on 388's, on a first-come,-first-served basis .........
If they installed a smaller EY style shower in the back this would actually be a great revenue generator for EK while being an awesome value-add for J pax
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:36 am

Anything's possible I guess. I never imagined they'd offer PAYG for lounges, so who knows what's next .... !!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Do we know of any other ('premium') carriers who allow paid access to what were previously dedicated F only lounges, anywhere in their network ....?
Virgin Atlantic, you can pay £75 to go into their Clubhouse at Heathrow I believe?

They dont call it first class / F for Virgin its Upper Class but you get the idea.

Also, why would you have tea at the Burj when you can be at the airport drinking Moet for four hours?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: EK Gold
I agree totally.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:46 am

Virgin Atlantic, you can pay £75 to go into their Clubhouse at Heathrow I believe?

They dont call it first class / F for Virgin its Upper Class but you get the idea.

Also, why would you have tea at the Burj when you can be at the airport drinking Moet for four hours?
Because I like cucumber sandwiches!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.