Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Paid access to Emirates Lounges in Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid access to Emirates Lounges in Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Do they serve Dom or anything "fun" in F Lounge? I might spring for it if it's not NV Moet Imperial.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by RichL
Huge mistake this is but who am I to argue.
Why do you think so?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Do they serve Dom or anything "fun" in F Lounge? I might spring for it if it's not NV Moet Imperial.
You can get several different types of Moet at the Champagne Bar in the J lounge in concourse B, including vintage ones.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You can get several different types of Moet at the Champagne Bar in the J lounge in concourse B, including vintage ones.
I should have asked more specifically "do they serve Dom in F lounge, or other premium wines not available in J?"

I like the Rose in J quite a bit and do drink more than my fair share as a pdb ex-DXB.

I'm wondering if spending $100 will get me my fill of wines that I wouldn't be able to get in J.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:04 am

I do wonder how they are going to check the maximum 4 hour stay in the lounge.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Most unwelcome move IMO.

Only a matter of time before EK lounges take on all the characteristics of Priority Pass lounges ; many of which are not necessarily bad places to spend a little time - but which (not surprisingly) lack any feel of exclusivity and of course can become very crowded at times.

Wish you would have discarded this idea at the early discussion stage, Emirates.

Just wrong, wrong, wrong.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by iRobert
I do wonder how they are going to check the maximum 4 hour stay in the lounge.
Because they won't let you in until 4 hours before your flight
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Metanoia
I should have asked more specifically "do they serve Dom in F lounge, or other premium wines not available in J?"

I like the Rose in J quite a bit and do drink more than my fair share as a pdb ex-DXB.

I'm wondering if spending $100 will get me my fill of wines that I wouldn't be able to get in J.
No Dom - just Moët - there is more choice in the champagne bar in the j Lounge.

The wines are ex F wines so are very, very good.

Who is really going to pay $200?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:12 am

Wishful thinking but a nice benefit for gold members would be a once annual free visit to F Lounge. Will cost EK little and may motivate them to pay the USD100 or buy F.
If anyone should get more benefits it's plats not golds.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by m3red
No Dom - just Moët - there is more choice in the champagne bar in the j Lounge.

The wines are ex F wines so are very, very good.

Who is really going to pay $200?
I'd expect people in F who want to pay $100 for domestic staff to enter the lounge to take care of elderly family members who currently are not allowed access/argue about it before being allowed in will be the main users, and those with families of 3+ - or a platinum in Y/J who is travelling in a small group and doesn't want to slum it in the terminal or the J lounges.

I don't think this will have much of an impact on the F lounge, apart from people drinking all of my wine (which imho can be worth way more than $200) - there are often complaints about how cavernously empty they are
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: EK Gold
Why do you think so?
I can just see it as paying $100 to drink as much as you can in 4 hours and get as drunk as you can.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:33 am

I can just see it as paying $100 to drink as much as you can in 4 hours and get as drunk as you can.
Then why not just pay 40$ for the Marhaba lounge and do it there? I don't think that'll be a major factor tbh
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by m3red
If anyone should get more benefits it's plats not golds.
Both. I think they should introduce 2-4 complimentary guaranteed upgrades for Plats
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: EK Gold
Then why not just pay 40$ for the Marhaba lounge and do it there? I don't think that'll be a major factor tbh
I dont know, not having been there I dont know how busy it gets, can you confirm?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:45 am

I dont know, not having been there I dont know how busy it gets, can you confirm?
Not been there, apparently very busy, and no champagne, but if you just want to get plowed before a flight in Y will you pay 55-60$ more for champagne and possibly a bit more personal space (which during peak in B/C is questionable)? There may be a handful of pax who do this, but not enough to make it unpleasant for others I don't think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.