Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

OT: When is Israel likely to open its borders?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: When is Israel likely to open its borders?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Given the changes, the one aspect I can't seem to find clarity on is, location of isolation. The Israeli website talks about Home, but I can see no mention of completing the "up to 24 hour" isolation period in a hotel.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Omba
Given the changes, the one aspect I can't seem to find clarity on is, location of isolation. The Israeli website talks about Home, but I can see no mention of completing the "up to 24 hour" isolation period in a hotel.
Technically you should be able to do so at a hotel, since you are issued a greenpass upon entry.
However, back in Nov, there seemed to be some chatter about Hotels not allowing or some confusion among the rules if you could or shouldnt.
Mandatory Isolation - Corona Traffic Light Model (Ramzor) Website (health.gov.il)

best to call ahead to the hotel.

Last edited by simba8; Jan 10, 2022 at 9:15 am
Old Jan 10, 2022, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Since supposedly 10% of arriving passengers test positive (per the discussion upthred), what happens to those travellers?

I've seen mention of "transferred to government isolation facilities". Are those "regular" hotels currently used by the government? I can't find any reports in English, but I guess there must be plenty of reports in Hebrew what the experience is like?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Since supposedly 10% of arriving passengers test positive (per the discussion upthred), what happens to those travellers?

I've seen mention of "transferred to government isolation facilities". Are those "regular" hotels currently used by the government? I can't find any reports in English, but I guess there must be plenty of reports in Hebrew what the experience is like?
i think they were dan hotels in Jerusalem and or Tel Aviv- dont recall which ones.
Jasper2009 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonor Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Any foreigners have successfully entered Israel through land border yet? Is there PCR facility at the land border?
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by epicurus
Any foreigners have successfully entered Israel through land border yet? Is there PCR facility at the land border?
This seems to suggest there is a testing facility, at least at some checkpoints:

https://www.iaa.gov.il/en/land-borde...tering-israel/

However, that page also seems to not have been updated recently, as it still says foreign citizens require immigration authorization.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 7:47 am

Does anyone have recent experience regarding how long the PCRs at Ben Gurion are taking to return a result?

I know I’ll have to quarantine until it’s negative or until 24h have passed… I’m arriving early evening and hoping to make a brunch the next day. :-)

Of course nothing is certain, but I’m curious as to recent experience.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 7:48 am

[Duplicate - apologies]
Old Jan 22, 2022, 11:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ELAL Platinum, VS Gold
Originally Posted by makin'miles
Does anyone have recent experience regarding how long the PCRs at Ben Gurion are taking to return a result?

I know I’ll have to quarantine until it’s negative or until 24h have passed… I’m arriving early evening and hoping to make a brunch the next day. :-)

I arrived Thursday night and tested at the airport around 2120. By the time Shabbat came in on Friday the results still weren't in.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 11:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I have never been tested at the airport, but I did have one PCR test for non-travel reasons and was promised the results within 24 hours. I received them 36 hours after taking the test. Whenever I am promised anything by a certain time, I ask, "Is that real time or Israeli time?" It is invariably Israeli time.
momoflyingguy likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 4:45 am

I recall that when flying out from TLV there is an option for expedited PCR test with results in 4 hours or less. But I dont think this is an option on the inbound.

If it is very important to you to get the negative already, what you can try is that when doing the regular PCR upon arrival, go from there to where they do the outbound PCR tests (you'd need to also book this before) then do the expedited test there. Or do a private PCR test somewhere else in Israel.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 6:47 am

I hate to say this- but cancel your brunch! I arrived on the 008 on Monday 17/1. I did NOT get my PCR results until 66 hours later! Plan on the 24 hours and be grateful for the 24 hour max.
makin'miles likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 12:57 pm

Thanks for this. 66 hours

If that’s what tests are taking and they offer the release at 24h, they might as well not bother testing on arrival.
Dovster likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 6:46 am

If that’s what tests are taking and they offer the release at 24h, they might as well not bother testing on arrival.
After 24 hours you can leave, but if after 66 hours the result comes positive, you'd need to quarantine.
And if you have sypmtoms within 24 hours, you should not leave.
awayIgo likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 3:19 pm

Yes, I thought it was kind of ridiculous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.