Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

OT: When is Israel likely to open its borders?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: When is Israel likely to open its borders?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2021, 7:39 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Originally Posted by simba8
really dumb question but since your flying yyz
Where did end up testing for the prior flight pcr test for. Monday flight? Im finding it challenging given the saturday.. thats it hard to get the test done within the 72 hour window prior to flight
i was thinking pearson ( with swift) as aeroplan has a deal but not sure.
I'm currently in 1K aboard the flight.

I did the test on Friday afternoon at 12pm.
Checked my email Motz"sh, the results arrived at 11am (so basically as I was leaving shul).
Old Nov 7, 2021, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by rafi2k6
I'm currently in 1K aboard the flight.

I did the test on Friday afternoon at 12pm.
Checked my email Motz"sh, the results arrived at 11am (so basically as I was leaving shul).
and you uploaded your QC based vax pass with QR CODE or did your manually declare?
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by simba8
and you uploaded your QC based vax pass with QR CODE or did your manually declare?
manually declare + fill out the secondary form.

printed all confirmations, proofs, etc.
They asked to see everything upon arrival, as well as check-in.

Actual airport process was extremely fast in NatBag,

Landed at 10:25am
Waiting for the train by 11:00am.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: UA MM
manually declare + fill out the secondary form.

printed all confirmations, proofs, etc.
They asked to see everything upon arrival, as well as check-in.

Did you pre-schedule the Ben Gurion PCR test? I assume it must have been really fast.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat

Even before Corona I don't remember going through TLV that quickly. Taxiing: 10 minutes. Walking from the plane to baggage claim (15 minutes). Getting checked luggage: 20 minutes. Going through Customs, getting out of the airport, and waiting for the train: 15 minutes. Total 1 hour (on a good day, when my luggage was in the middle of those delivered).
Old Nov 8, 2021, 11:02 am

Can someone confirm if what is stated on https://corona.health.gov.il/en/dire...el/?tab=by-air
applies to Israeli citizen/residents only or to all travellers? I assume it's the latter as it states "This guidance applies to all international travelers, regardless of age".
So even if i return as a visitor to the US, i need to obtain a PCR test?
The exit statement is listed as for israeli citizens, but then is required indiscriminately - which one is it?
Would like to make sure i fully understnad what needs to be done in order to board a return flight.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Did you pre-schedule the Ben Gurion PCR test? I assume it must have been really fast.
So smooth and fast! The process is confusing on paper but put into practice it works great and is very efficient.

Originally Posted by Dovster
Even before Corona I don't remember going through TLV that quickly. Taxiing: 10 minutes. Walking from the plane to baggage claim (15 minutes). Getting checked luggage: 20 minutes. Going through Customs, getting out of the airport, and waiting for the train: 15 minutes. Total 1 hour (on a good day, when my luggage was in the middle of those delivered).
Right!? Even when I'd arrive on the Air Canada at 10:30am, it would be at least 45 minutes to an hour to get through the airport.

This was so quick, and had to wait 10 minutes for the test to boot!
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by zig666
Can someone confirm if what is stated on https://corona.health.gov.il/en/dire...el/?tab=by-air
applies to Israeli citizen/residents only or to all travellers? I assume it's the latter as it states "This guidance applies to all international travelers, regardless of age".
The exit statement is listed as for israeli citizens, but then is required indiscriminately - which one is it?
Would like to make sure i fully understnad what needs to be done in order to board a return flight.
it would appear to be for everyone- maybe someone else can confirm.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:10 am

Ouch, 2 PCR tests. That hurts.

My mom is flying to meet us in Europe (I am avoiding Israel until the entry rules become more sane). Based on the prior rules she should have been able to simply board the return flight with her Israeli vaccination documentation. Now, she needs to find a PCR test in a European country on a short notice and at a substantial cost. And then be PCR tested at the airport on arrival (at least it's more reasonably priced).

Sorry, but I think this is a ridiculous requirement. Completely unnecessary.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by zig666
So while the above link is not clear, the actual exit form at https://www.gov.il/en/service/reques...israel-covid19 is much more clear:
Quote:

Who must fill out this form?

All Israeli citizens and residents 16 years of age and older are required to fill out the form.

Foreign nationals are not required to fill out this form.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 8:35 am

Anyone has experience with this "quarantine until PCR results" in a hotel?will be flying to TLV for work in about a week and was wondering how does it work?
I'm assuming I can still take a taxi to my hotel and will have to stay in the room until the results come in? Landing early morning so hopefully won't take too long (I booked the flight for one day earlier than I need to be in the office just in case it takes the full 24 hours)
Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
As I understand it, after the gov't arrival test, you can pay about NIS 120 for an additional test at Check2Fly in Terminal One with 4 hour results. Is there anyone who has actually done this able to confirm? Probably not going until late March at this point so will no doubt change by then.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
The Israeli Ministry of Tourism is not going to like this post but here goes:

I strongly urge everyone NOT to make any reservations to fly to Israel more than two weeks out (and preferably less) unless their flights and/or hotel reservations are completely refundable. There is no way to guarantee that a particular country (including the US) will not be considered "red" at that time. If it is, anyone -- including Israeli citizens who are fully vaccinated -- will be required to isolate for at least 14 days. For an Israeli whose home is suitable for isolation, it is only a PITA. For everyone else, it can mean an expensive and uncomfortable stay in a "Corona hotel'.

I cannot find which countries are, today, considered to be red but that is immaterial. With possible winter surges in Corona, any country can be deemed to be red on very short notice.
M60_to_LGA likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA MM
The Israeli Ministry of Tourism is not going to like this post but here goes:

I strongly urge everyone NOT to make any reservations to fly to Israel more than two weeks out (and preferably less) unless their flights and/or hotel reservations are completely refundable. There is no way to guarantee that a particular country (including the US) will not be considered "red" at that time. If it is, anyone -- including Israeli citizens who are fully vaccinated -- will be required to isolate for at least 14 days. For an Israeli whose home is suitable for isolation, it is only a PITA. For everyone else, it can mean an expensive and uncomfortable stay in a "Corona hotel'.

I cannot find which countries are, today, considered to be red but that is immaterial. With possible winter surges in Corona, any country can be deemed to be red on very short notice.
Here's a link to the list (none are Red):

https://www.gov.il/BlobFolder/report...he-SIMPLE.xlsx
Old Nov 12, 2021, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
I strongly urge everyone NOT to make any reservations to fly to Israel more than two weeks out (and preferably less) unless their flights and/or hotel reservations are completely refundable.
This is very sound advice for traveling anywhere during the pandemic - and that includes domestic travel to the city 50 miles away. Even more so for another country halfway around the globe.

There could be another outbreak; borders could be closed again - hell, *you* might end up coming down with covid a week before travel and thus not be allowed to board the plane. There's way too much uncertainty these days to book a non-refundable reservation anywhere, in my opinion.

However, in my experience it seems that most if not all travel providers recognize that, and hotel cancellation policies are pretty flexible. Meanwhile, it seems that airlines aren't charging change fees on most flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.