Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

OT: When is Israel likely to open its borders?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: When is Israel likely to open its borders?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
And as to the fast 4 hour PCR test on arrival, although the "tender" went out and the bidders were supposed to be in a position to start by 27/03 there has been no further developments as I can see. Both IAA and Femi still are publicising the present 6-8 hour turn around.
Old May 4, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by simba8
From Globes (in HE)
"נטל בלתי סביר": הבדיקות לנוחתים בנתב"ג בדרך לבג"ץ? - גלובס (globes.co.il)
Rough summary/translation: "unreasonable burden": the tests for arrivals at ben gurion airport on the way to the high court of justice?"
A group of businessmen and individuals submitted a letter various parties before submitting a petition on the subject to the high court
  • "it is impossible to hold a state on a ' alert' only so that perhaps one day some variant will be discovered here if any will be discovered,
  • Israel is among the few countries in the world that requires the law to carry out coronavirus tests at the entrance to its borders
  • The ministry of health understands that a change in this mandatory framework will be required even in view of public pressure, and several options are being considered, including eliminating the coronavirus test that tourists are obligated to perform before departure, waiving the quarantine obligation until the answer is received.
ToI reporting that sources indicate that PCR to be scrapped from June:https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...-for-arrivals/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.