Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

OT: When is Israel likely to open its borders?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: When is Israel likely to open its borders?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2022, 6:21 am

So, reading corona.health.gov.il - it now says that foreign citiens entering Israel must have either:
- 2 vaccinations with the last one within 6 months OR (and 14 days passed since)
- 2 vaccinations and a booster shot (and 14 days passed since)

The latter sounds like there is no 6 month limit placed on the validity of the booster shot? Am I reading it right?
Also - is this new? Timatic still states "fully vaccinated and no more than 180 days passed".

I am trying, as best as possible, to plan something for April-May, by which point my companion's booster shot will be over 6 months old.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by tr3k
So, reading corona.health.gov.il - it now says that foreign citiens entering Israel must have either:
- 2 vaccinations with the last one within 6 months OR (and 14 days passed since)
- 2 vaccinations and a booster shot (and 14 days passed since)

The latter sounds like there is no 6 month limit placed on the validity of the booster shot? Am I reading it right?
Also - is this new? Timatic still states "fully vaccinated and no more than 180 days passed".

I am trying, as best as possible, to plan something for April-May, by which point my companion's booster shot will be over 6 months old.
https://chaimvchessed.com/updates/israel-entry-faq/

• Travelers who have received a booster shot may enter Israel, even if more than 6 months have passed. As of now, this extension is expiring on Feb 28, 2022.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: BA, A3, LY; IHG/IC, Accor
My test results on landing in January were actually quite quick. I was lucky three times:
Thu late evening, 23:30 sampling time, 10:30 result
Tue late night, 3:50 sampling time, 13:50 result
Sun late night, 1:00 sampling time, 11:15 result
simba8 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by momoflyingguy
Interesting, thanks. I wonder if airlines are aware of that option, as Timatic does not reflect that.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by eugnk
My test results on landing in January were actually quite quick. I was lucky three times:
Thu late evening, 23:30 sampling time, 10:30 result
Tue late night, 3:50 sampling time, 13:50 result
Sun late night, 1:00 sampling time, 11:15 result

Glad you had rapid results, but WHEN did these trips take place?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA, A3, LY; IHG/IC, Accor
As I mentioned, in January. I thought exact dates would be unimportant, compared to timings within a week and day. Above correspond to:
January 13
January 26
January 31
Old Feb 1, 2022, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by tr3k
Interesting, thanks. I wonder if airlines are aware of that option, as Timatic does not reflect that.
Unfortunately this depends on the airline and the staff at the time.
But I would think that on Timatic, when it shows requirement for fully vaccinated, this means 2 vaccines.
However, when you fill in the Israeli Pre-departure form, if done correctly, you will receive a green pass - which will be in accordance with the real rules, i.e. that you have been 3 times vaccinated, even with more than 6 moths post 3rd vacine, then you will get the green pass based on that, which may make the airline staff be easier.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:44 am

Unfortunately this depends on the airline and the staff at the time.
But I would think that on Timatic, when it shows requirement for fully vaccinated, this means 2 vaccines.
However, when you fill in the Israeli Pre-departure form, if done correctly, you will receive a green pass - which will be in accordance with the real rules, i.e. that you have been 3 times vaccinated, even with more than 6 moths post 3rd vacine, then you will get the green pass based on that, which may make the airline staff be easier.
Let's hope this is sorted out by April-May.

I already have enough issues with the Israeli passport expiring in October (a citizen does not need to have 6 months validity, but again - go explain that to the airline)
Old Feb 4, 2022, 2:08 am

When filling the form online, the entry form. It asked for your departure flight to Israel and flight #. What do you do when connecting flight ( just a few hour connection)

Do you put the original flight or the connecting flight to Israel?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
I am frustrated that my 4-old son, who still can’t be vaccinated can’t enter Israel.
Even countries like Singapore allow non vaccinated children.
Is there a chance this will change soon??
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Last edited by LY777; Feb 5, 2022 at 11:35 pm
Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by LY777
I am frustrated that my 4-old son, who still can’t be vaccinated can’t enter Israel.
Even countries like Singapore allow non vaccinated children.
Is there a chance this will change soon??
As of recently, only parents who are Israeli or on visas can bring in non-israeli children. I doubt they will allow tourists to bring in non-vaccinated children anytime soon, although they have been easing the rules recently...
Did you try asking for a permit?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
As of recently, only parents who are Israeli or on visas can bring in non-israeli children. I doubt they will allow tourists to bring in non-vaccinated children anytime soon, although they have been easing the rules recently...
Did you try asking for a permit?
no I didn’t try…
we will wait…
Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:12 am

I doubt they will allow tourists to bring in non-vaccinated children anytime soon,
I heard in the news yesterday that there are government ministers tryng to push for this...
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Trying to book a side trip from Italy... for only a couple days but hoping they eliminate the arrival test/quarantini by after Passover...
simba8 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:01 am

I doubt they will allow tourists to bring in non-vaccinated children anytime soon, although they have been easing the rules recently...
I heard in the news yesterday that there are government ministers tryng to push for this...
Ok. Things seem to be warming up. Not confirmed officially but 'a trusted source' seems to imply soon re-opening for unvaccinated children -

https://www.dansdeals.com/points-tra...ldren-2-weeks/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.