Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

OT: When is Israel likely to open its borders?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: When is Israel likely to open its borders?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
???אתה רציני איתי

I was supposed to fly out this coming Friday night. So if this is true, I'll have just missed the cutoff.

ז
I keep moving my ticket back a few weeks at a time. Right now I'm leaving Jan. 16. I'm scared to be optimistic. If I was you, Id change your ticket NOW! Seats will probably be hard to get when everything opens.

My big fear is that I'll test positive in NY. Nothing like an asymptomatic infection caught from someone who is asymptomatic. I am wearing masks non stop at this point in time.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:28 pm

prices did jump slightly on the yyz/tlv route for premium class but economy seems stable.
Im still unclear on the entrance rules,and further to that- what happens if someone on the flight tests positive? Does the whole flight need to retest again?
Lastly, im also concerned that Israel is just starting their omicron wave- will they impose new restrictions or lockdowns if the numbers jump high enough?
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ELAL Platinum, VS Gold
JUST IN: Israel will likely not have any countries classified as red as of next week, a health official has told the Knesset:

“We estimate that next week the red-country list will be empty,” said Ilana Gens, head of the Health Ministry’s Public Health HQ.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Calculated Risk
JUST IN: Israel will likely not have any countries classified as red as of next week, a health official has told the Knesset:

“We estimate that next week the red-country list will be empty,” said Ilana Gens, head of the Health Ministry’s Public Health HQ.
I understand that this is due to infection rates in Israel rising, rather than infection rates abroad going down. Therefore I'm not surprised if other countries would apply resrctions on arriving Israelis, So when leaving Israel to nywhere it could still be a headache.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 6:20 am

Report: Israel will cancel 'red' country list today, lifting travel ban on US, UK

3:30 Israeli time Heath ministry is giving an update apparently
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:00 am

Ok, so that means from Jan 9 can travel from the US to Israel?
The corona.health.gov.il shows only the current restrictions (which are - can't enter). Anything anywhere that officially spells out what it will be as of the 9th (I know it's hard to get anything "official" nowadays)
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:16 am

OFFICIAL: THERE ARE NO MORE RED COUNTRIES
The Israeli government has removed all countries from the red list.

As of midnight tonight Israel time (between Thursday and Friday) , you can enter Israel with no permit provided that:

*You are vaccinated with a second or third dose within 180 days. 14 days must pass from the booster. If more than 180 days have passed since your booster, Israel will honor it until the end of February 2022.

OR

*You hold a digital recovery certificate from the last 180 days from the EU or UK (with a QR code)

(At this point in time there is no automatic allowance for children of any age. If you need to travel with your children you can try to get a permit from the consulate but these will only be granted in extreme, serious emergency situations.)

If you fall into one of the above categories, all you have to to enter Israel is:
*Complete the pre-flight form within 48 hours of your flight:
https://corona.health.gov.il/en/flight-form-content/

*Get a negative PCR test within 72 hours of departure to Israel or a negative lab-based antigen within 24 hours of departure to Israel. (You are exempted from this requirement if you have a positive PCR to show from between 11 days and 3 months before your flight.)

*Schedule your pcr test for when you arrive in Israel: https://testngo.femi.com/en/sign-in

Quarantine: You may quarantine at home. Quarantine period is until you receive your negative PCR back from Ben Gurion or when 24 hours pass - whichever comes first.

WARNING: Ten percent of passengers arriving in Israel have been testing positive for Corona. When this happens you must go into quarantine for ten days and the authorities are very strict about this. Please take this into account when deciding to fly to Israel during this time period.

Additionally, recently recovered Corona patients may continue to test positive upon arrival at Ben Gurion. If this happens to you, please be aware that you must apply for release from quarantine and it can take time and effort to longer to secure that release.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Calculated Risk
OFFICIAL: THERE ARE NO MORE RED COUNTRIES
The Israeli government has removed all countries from the red list.

As of midnight tonight Israel time (between Thursday and Friday) , you can enter Israel with no permit provided that:

*You are vaccinated with a second or third dose within 180 days. 14 days must pass from the booster. If more than 180 days have passed since your booster, Israel will honor it until the end of February 2022.

OR

*You hold a digital recovery certificate from the last 180 days from the EU or UK (with a QR code)

(At this point in time there is no automatic allowance for children of any age. If you need to travel with your children you can try to get a permit from the consulate but these will only be granted in extreme, serious emergency situations.)

If you fall into one of the above categories, all you have to to enter Israel is:
*Complete the pre-flight form within 48 hours of your flight:
https://corona.health.gov.il/en/flight-form-content/

*Get a negative PCR test within 72 hours of departure to Israel or a negative lab-based antigen within 24 hours of departure to Israel. (You are exempted from this requirement if you have a positive PCR to show from between 11 days and 3 months before your flight.)

*Schedule your pcr test for when you arrive in Israel: https://testngo.femi.com/en/sign-in

Quarantine: You may quarantine at home. Quarantine period is until you receive your negative PCR back from Ben Gurion or when 24 hours pass - whichever comes first.

WARNING: Ten percent of passengers arriving in Israel have been testing positive for Corona. When this happens you must go into quarantine for ten days and the authorities are very strict about this. Please take this into account when deciding to fly to Israel during this time period.

Additionally, recently recovered Corona patients may continue to test positive upon arrival at Ben Gurion. If this happens to you, please be aware that you must apply for release from quarantine and it can take time and effort to longer to secure that release.
I don't see this on the Health Ministry website. Do you have a link for this, either English or Hebrew? Thx
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
So if I understand the regulations correctly: If I need to be in Israel on a specific day, the safest option would be to arrive 11 days earlier in case I test positive since I would be allowed to leave isolation after ten days without any further restrictions?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
I don't see this on the Health Ministry website. Do you have a link for this, either English or Hebrew? Thx
Would love to see the source as well.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by JimInOhio

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wel...article-691741
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
This comes one weekend too late for me. I already cancelled my planned Friday trip

At this point, I have no idea really what to do about rescheduling. I've made other plans for the next few weeks, and while they could be changeable, I also don't really have great confidence that the government won't suddenly change the rules again with no warning. And of course, if they go for an omicron lockdown, it may just be better to stay at home anyway. I'm going to think hard for a few days about maybe rescheduling to come in late January.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Frankly, I urge everyone NOT to visit Israel right now. The situation is getting out of hand -- no, let me change that: the situation is already out of hand.

Even if you do not die, even if you do not have to go to the hospital, even if you feel fine, there is a very good chance that when you are tested for your flight home you will find that you have Corona and are stuck here, in isolation, for at least 10 days.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Dovster
Frankly, I urge everyone NOT to visit Israel right now. The situation is getting out of hand -- no, let me change that: the situation is already out of hand.

Even if you do not die, even if you do not have to go to the hospital, even if you feel fine, there is a very good chance that when you are tested for your flight home you will find that you have Corona and are stuck here, in isolation, for at least 10 days.
Depressing, but probably sound advice. So everyone leaving Israel - incl. tourists - needs to do a PCR test before boarding a flight?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster

Ergo - when flying back, pick a country that does not require COVID testing. Good point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.