Reload this Page >

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Wow, those look pretty delicious. Never had a peach cream pie before. Want to drop me off a few different pies?
They are truly delish. And I am not generally a fan of pie. Cheesecake, yes.
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Whenever I'm on Kauai, I can't resist the lilikoi cheesecake at The Right Slice (aka, "the pie lady"). Ted's lilikoi cheese pie looks similar, though it looks like it has a lilikoi glaze on top. So, that's probably what I'd go with.
Hmmm, I have never tried that one. And I do love lilikoi. Heading out now so hopefully they have it. They always have the big sellers; mac nut cream, chocolate cream, chocolate-haupia, blueberry cream, pumpkin cream in the fall (super yum). If they have the lilikoi, I will get it.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Finkface
We are going over to some friends place for dinner and plan to pick up a Teds pie to take. I can decided between Macadamia Nut Cream Pie which is always a crowd-pleaser or Chocolate-Haupia Pie, which I personally love. Or any one of their amazingly delicious options. Open to suggestions.

https://www.tedsbakery.com/bakery/
I think they all look delicious. I would go with the macadamia but only because I don't know what Haupia is and I didn't see Nanaimo bars on the menu.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:18 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by corky
I think they all look delicious. I would go with the macadamia but only because I don't know what Haupia is and I didn't see Nanaimo bars on the menu.
Haupia is coconut, or more precisely, coconut pudding.. And I am an ocean away from Nanaimo. My friends would love it if I brought Nanaimo Bars though.
corky likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by gaobest
returning to ikedas today with hopes of pie boy they looked good!
I lived the first 33 years of my life near Ikeda's. Neat place. We still visit Auburn several times each summer for Speedway Motorcycle Racing at Fast Fridays. In fact we normally stay at the hotel across the street from Ikeda's.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
memorial service outdoor luncheon with several of the 95-year-olds favorites:
finger sandwiches - roast beef; cucumber
scones - ginger; raisin
chicken tarragon pasta salad
mixed greens salad with poppyseed dressing

Strawberry rhubarb pie
banana cream pudding with Nilla wafers
apple pie crumble from their beloved neighborhood pie shop (nevada city)

Originally Posted by braslvr
I lived the first 33 years of my life near Ikeda's. Neat place. We still visit Auburn several times each summer for Speedway Motorcycle Racing at Fast Fridays. In fact we normally stay at the hotel across the street from Ikeda's.
too full for pie yet we bought some salsa and salmon type stuff. Just zero pie bought. Zero sweets. Tempting for sure.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by corky
I went with Macadamia Nut Cream. No Lilikoi cheese, unfortunately.
corky and boxo like this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I went with Macadamia Nut Cream. No Lilikoi cheese, unfortunately.
Now that I know that Haupia is coconut, you couldn't have gone wrong with either choice.
boxo likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Wow, those look pretty delicious. Never had a peach cream pie before. Want to drop me off a few different pies?
Those pies look amazing! I'm not hungry, but now I think I may break into my cannoli ice cream.
corky likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM

These are NYT Thin and Chewy chocolate chip cookies. I realized at the 11th hour that I hadn't put any salt in, so I sprinkled with flakey sea salt. I'll never make them the old way again. Oh, and no nuts. I used a combo of semi-sweet, bittersweet, milk, white chocolate and butterscotch chips, shards and chunks. (Sorry about the size. I forgot to reduce.)
corky, Jaimito Cartero and BamaVol like this.

Last edited by ILuvParis; Jun 17, 2021 at 10:35 pm
Old Jun 18, 2021, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
We are going over to some friends place for dinner and plan to pick up a Teds pie to take. I can decided between Macadamia Nut Cream Pie which is always a crowd-pleaser or Chocolate-Haupia Pie, which I personally love. Or any one of their amazingly delicious options. Open to suggestions.

https://www.tedsbakery.com/bakery/
Wow! One of each, please.
boxo likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by ILuvParis

These are NYT Thin and Chewy chocolate chip cookies. I realized at the 11th hour that I hadn't put any salt in, so I sprinkled with flakey sea salt. I'll never make them the old way again. Oh, and no nuts. I used a combo of semi-sweet, bittersweet, milk, white chocolate and butterscotch chips, shards and chunks. (Sorry about the size. I forgot to reduce.)
Partner promised some for the boss but forgot to take them this morning. Since they'll never last the weekend, I'm going to have to make them again.
corky likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 10:43 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by bensyd
Trying to eat more fish but I find it so boring. So I'm trying my hand at whole fish with SE Asian flavours because I think they do the best (cooked) fish. This was my first attempt at grilling a whole fish (snapper). Passed the first test and I didnt leave half the fish on the grill grates. Tasted really good too. I could happily eat that twice a week.

Another tip for keeping whole fish from sticking to the grates -- cut thick onion rings and toss them in oil, then put them on the grate and the fish on the onions. It elevates them a bit and the fish won't stick to the onions.
corky, bensyd and JBord like this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Another tip for keeping whole fish from sticking to the grates -- cut thick onion rings and toss them in oil, then put them on the grate and the fish on the onions. It elevates them a bit and the fish won't stick to the onions.
Good tip. How do you then flip the fish....do you put more onions on the grate to turn the other side on? Only drawback I assume is that you won't get any crispy grill marks.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
It's probably technically not "grilling" but I've done a whole snapper on a pizza stone. You still get some of the nice smokiness from the grill, just no grill marks. But it allows you to add whatever herbs, oil, etc. without it falling down into the grill and making a mess.
estnet likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Ohgane Korean, oakland ca
bancha
bbq beef bulgogi
bbq spicy pork
white rice
chapchae (noodles)
more and more Kim chee

fentons creamery, Piedmont, Oakland ca

peach Petite scoop
rocky Road petite scoop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.