Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2021, 4:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Bagels for coffee break , lunch & tea

2 plain and 2 sesame - finally

4 types

PBJ , “ King Kong “ ( bacon , avocado , cheddar cheese , sunny egg , tomatoes ) , “ Mrs Reuben “ ( beef rump , pickled dill , cucumbers , Russian dressing , Emmental ) and “ Lambchuri “ ( lamb roast , halloumi , chimichurri , red onions )
estnet, boxo, Kalboz and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Asian noodle soup with Chinese garlic chili oil, hot sesame oil, and red hot chilis: Bibigo chicken cilantro won tons with broccoli, tofu, and Asian Mala noodles (without the sodium-packed powder package).

this concludes my Bibigo chicken cilantro won ton bag from Costco, which I won’t rebuy only because it’s not worth the freezer space. It was a great pandemic purchase and I’ll only continue to buy the ling Ling chicken pot stickers that my family likes and which I can still use for soup.

at some point I’ll have to still cook the Hong Kong dim sum dumplings in my freezers :-)
it’ll be good to eventually return to dim sum restaurants with my family.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 5:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I had a bialy with an heirloom tomato, ricotta, green onions, balsamic, salt and pepper for breakfast this morning and leftover dal and jasmine rice for lunner.

Still working on my Goldbelly Kossar’s bialys! I think I have either 9 or 12 left in the freezer.

Originally Posted by corky
Bacon with ketchup.
I never have bacon in the house but bought some to make rumaki for tonight ....so I had to test it this morning.
Bacon and ketchup?! Can’t say I’ve ever heard of that combination before. I had to google rumaki. ☺️
Kalboz likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Bacon with ketchup.
I never have bacon in the house but bought some to make rumaki for tonight ....so I had to test it this morning.
Bacon with ketchup????

I met my parents for an early birthday lunch. I enjoyed a delightful prime rib with asparagus and mashed potatoes. However, the horseradish was the star of the show and absolutely amazing!

Last edited by cblaisd; Jun 6, 2021 at 8:29 am Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts
Old Jun 5, 2021, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boxo
I had a bialy with an heirloom tomato, ricotta, green onions, balsamic, salt and pepper for breakfast this morning and leftover dal and jasmine rice for lunner.

Still working on my Goldbelly Kossar’s bialys! I think I have either 9 or 12 left in the freezer.

Bacon and ketchup?! Can’t say I’ve ever heard of that combination before. I had to google rumaki. ☺️
Technically it was not rumaki which has liver but it was bacon wrapped water chestnuts with a sweet & spicy sauce. Very old school and delicious.

Originally Posted by kipper
Bacon with ketchup????
I know. I am a big ketchup eater. If I was really making breakfast, I would have had ketchup on my scrambled eggs too. I have even been known (when much younger) to put ketchup on toast. . Like french fries, I dip the bacon in the ketchup---not always.
boxo likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:13 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Are the bialy's worth the cost? I miss them, but............. I made some myself - they were okay but not nearly as good (chewy) as my memories.

Still working on my Goldbelly Kossars bialys! I think I have either 9 or 12 left in the freezer.

Bacon and ketchup?! Cant say Ive ever heard of that combination before. I had to google rumaki. ☺️
Old Jun 6, 2021, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by estnet
Are the bialy's worth the cost? I miss them, but............. I made some myself - they were okay but not nearly as good (chewy) as my memories.
theyre worth it if you cant find a local baker that offers them :-)
Old Jun 6, 2021, 4:29 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Saturday:
For breakfast date filled sesame sticks (store bought) with coffee

Dinner: Grilled pork, steamed fish, spicy grilled eggplant salad, vegies, and rice
Jaimito Cartero and boxo like this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 8:37 am

These are bread ends you don’t mind eating. Toast and tomato for breakfast.

Technically it was not rumaki which has liver but it was bacon wrapped water chestnuts with a sweet & spicy sauce. Very old school and delicious.

I know. I am a big ketchup eater. If I was really making breakfast, I would have had ketchup on my scrambled eggs too. I have even been known (when much younger) to put ketchup on toast. . Like french fries, I dip the bacon in the ketchup---not always.
Please post a photo. I’d love to see bacon wrapped chestnuts. And I’m thinking of baking some bacon to dip in ketchup.

Originally Posted by estnet
With $20 off, I think I paid $2.50ish each in the end. Worth it because I’d have to look for bialys in the Bay Area, two hours away.

ETA: And I’m a terrible baker.

Originally Posted by gaobest
they’re worth it if you can’t find a local baker that offers them :-)
Exactly this.

ETA: My dad bought doughnuts for his Sunday morning Cars and Coffee meet and dropped one off for me.

Kalboz likes this.

Last edited by boxo; Jun 6, 2021 at 9:08 am
Old Jun 6, 2021, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please post a photo. Id love to see bacon wrapped chestnuts. And Im thinking of baking some bacon to dip in ketchup.

ETA: My dad bought doughnuts for his Sunday morning Cars and Coffee meet and dropped one off for me.

Oooo....my fav donut . Buttermilk. That looks yummy .
There is a photo of the bacon wrapped water chestnuts on the Whats for Dinner thread. I forgot to take it until we had taken a few off the plate...they are on a bed of arugula. The glaze is a mix of ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, siracha.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 10:21 am

Oooo....my fav donut . Buttermilk. That looks yummy .
There is a photo of the bacon wrapped water chestnuts on the Whats for Dinner thread. I forgot to take it until we had taken a few off the plate...they are on a bed of arugula. The glaze is a mix of ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, siracha.
Ah ha, cut the bacon to size, secure the ends with a toothpick, and brush with sauce. ^

I really wanted to choose the single chocolate or single maple old fashioned, but there were multiples of plain glazed.
corky likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah ha, cut the bacon to size, secure the ends with a toothpick, and brush with sauce. ^

I really wanted to choose the single chocolate or single maple old fashioned, but there were multiples of plain glazed.
Bake it first for a while without the sauce (so it won't burn) and after about 25 minutes brush with glaze and cook another 10 or 15. Yes, I cut each bacon slice into thirds and wrapped around chestnut and stuck toothpick through. Make sure you buy whole chestnuts and not sliced.
I think your donut looks just perfect as is.
boxo likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Birthday party food at a Swimply pool rental:
Safeway pinwheel sandwiches (veggie, roast beef, Turkey)
cheetos
doritos

brownies
cbocklate chip cookies

random beverages

also:
safeway baby carrots
tillamook cheese mini bricks

boxo likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 8:06 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Having a carb overdose after this delicious upside-down rice dish with eggplants, potatoes, red bell peppers, onions, and chicken served with parsley salad - yummy yummy yummy!

boxo likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by gaobest
Birthday party food at a Swimply pool rental:

Can you explain how the pool rental works? That looks permanent.
corky likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.