Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2021, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Swimply is sort of an airbnb for pools. People who have a pool rent it for a time (hours, afternoon, etc) for your use. So you're actually renting the yard (with a pool) for a short while. I think it started last year when (?)all the public pools (including apt/condo pools) were closed. Don't know how wide spread it is - but it's been in the SF bay area for a while.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by estnet
Swimply is sort of an airbnb for pools. People who have a pool rent it for a time (hours, afternoon, etc) for your use. So you're actually renting the yard (with a pool) for a short while. I think it started last year when (?)all the public pools (including apt/condo pools) were closed. Don't know how wide spread it is - but it's been in the SF bay area for a while.
one of the kids said it was on shark tank!!

I assume abnb or IAC will buy Swimply

i just booked 6/13 and 8/15. Pondering July dates despite some epic vacations that month.

I love love this pool. Best of the bunch. Omg. I strongly endorse this for my fellow impoverished FTers who lack a private pool or a separate home with a pool. This isnt worth it for those who have a pool.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 3:48 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by estnet
Interesting , since am posting from the pool .. better not drop the iPad Pro !
Perhaps one can consider this to share the joy of “ water “ therapy . Perhaps lease the AquaSpin bike too ‼️

Anyway , before posting this , was deciding which cake to have .. like ice cream or something similar , one can raid the pantry , fridge , freezer or whatever any time . Perfect activity for jet lagging . Only thing is , have not been in that state for more than a year now .

Basque burnt cheesecake

Gula Melaka cake

Chocolate mousse & walnut sponge cake

These persimmons and mangoes from Myanmar to “ contra “ , so one is somewhat less guilty

corky and Kalboz like this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 10:46 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by corky
Bacon with ketchup.
I never have bacon in the house but bought some to make rumaki for tonight ....so I had to test it this morning.
I tried it. Couldnt find a bottle of ketchup in the house, but thankfully found a McDonalds packet. The salty bacon was so strong I hardly tasted the ketchup. Do you do big ketchup dips?

Kalboz likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boxo
I tried it. Couldnt find a bottle of ketchup in the house, but thankfully found a McDonalds packet. The salty bacon was so strong I hardly tasted the ketchup. Do you do big ketchup dips?

Lol. If you don't already have a bottle of ketchup in the house, it doesn't sound like you are much of a fan so maybe won't be thrilled. It is like putting ketchup on a hot dog IMO.
I am sorry that your bacon was too salty. I get a bad batch like that every once in a while.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chloes Cafe luncheon with a longtime friend who stayed super safe until vax:
chloes salad with baguette and mustard vinaigrette
scoop of tuna
iced tea
water
$29 incl 20% tip

super delicious salad over a 105-minute time period that included waiting (server shortage style)

patience is a must!

Old Jun 7, 2021, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Grilled salmon with honey and herb seasoning, green beans, mashed potatoes and sweet corn.
corky, Jaimito Cartero and Kalboz like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 5:45 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by boxo

Swedes seem to have a big love affair with ketchup. I see people here even having ketchup with pizza at times. I went for Persian again to have kubideh, which meant sumac took the spot where ketchup would otherwise have been placed.
boxo likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Lovely warm day here, so vitello tonnato with a lentil and asparagus salad and a bottle of Orvieto.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
Having a Dole sunflower salad to which I’ve added a hard boiled egg.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 10:59 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by corky
Lol. If you don't already have a bottle of ketchup in the house, it doesn't sound like you are much of a fan so maybe won't be thrilled. It is like putting ketchup on a hot dog IMO.
I am sorry that your bacon was too salty. I get a bad batch like that every once in a while.
I found the ketchup last night on the bottom fridge door shelf while making dinner last night. I knew I had some having made a little mason jar of curry ketchup 3-4 months ago.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Aburaya luncheon on National best friend day with a bestie:

fried chicken (hot mustard marinade)
fried chicken (tingly spice)
rice / salad

donuts: chocolate cruller & blueberry

bottled topo Chico

Aburaya Oakland ? Japanese Fried Chicken
corky and Jaimito Cartero like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Chicken breast grilled with bbq pork spice blend and served on a multigrain bun. Green salad with avocado oil green goddess dressing and sliced cantaloupe.

The melons this year so far have been fragrant and flavorful. This one was outstanding.
Jaimito Cartero and Kalboz like this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:52 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Pan cooked salmon with leftovers for dinner!

Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:08 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Bagels for coffee break , lunch & tea

2 plain and 2 sesame - finally

4 types

PBJ , “ King Kong “ ( bacon , avocado , cheddar cheese , sunny egg , tomatoes ) , “ Mrs Reuben “ ( beef rump , pickled dill , cucumbers , Russian dressing , Emmental ) and “ Lambchuri “ ( lamb roast , halloumi , chimichurri , red onions )
Still having this craving for bagels ..

3 types of fillings with plain bagels Miso Kinoko , BEC , Lamb Mafia and 2 shakes - chocolate oats and peanut butter along with cold brew

Same - different angle - grilled mushrooms with miso spice .. , bacon , scrambled eggs and melted cheddar cheese and lamb meatballs .. with lime aioli

Penang prawn vermicelli soup

Lychees

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.