Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2021, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by gaobest
thats far. I totally empathize. I wont even drive 4 miles away for groceries and lately Ive felt lazy about the nicer Safeway 2 miles away when I can walk to the decrepit Safeway thats a mile from my house.
when I go to Trader Joes, its paired with a Costco trip, plus a visit to my office P.O. Box. And sometimes my office! Lol
Thats typical. Just like most of us wont cross a street and turn left into a gas station, most people shop at the closest grocery store regardless of better prices and/or quality at a greater distance.

I make exceptions but like you, it involves combining destinations. For example, Sams is 10 miles away but located behind Millers Ale House. So, I can justify a trip to Sams by having a couple beers first.
corky and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:41 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Dinner last night: red curry with leftovers and salad

Skipped breakfast again and had a nice homemade pizza for lunch!

corky and Jaimito Cartero like this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Dinner last night: red curry with leftovers and salad

Skipped breakfast again and had a nice homemade pizza for lunch!

Do you have a guest bedroom?
estnet, corky, BamaVol and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Trying to eat more fish but I find it so boring. So I'm trying my hand at whole fish with SE Asian flavours because I think they do the best (cooked) fish. This was my first attempt at grilling a whole fish (snapper). Passed the first test and I didnt leave half the fish on the grill grates. Tasted really good too. I could happily eat that twice a week.

corky, Yahillwe, BamaVol and 5 others like this.

Last edited by bensyd; Jun 11, 2021 at 10:17 pm
Old Jun 11, 2021, 11:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Had samplings of fried Hokkien mee , some other noodles and nasi lemak .

Fried peanuts with crispy ikan bilis for the nasi lemak , photo taken after eating most

Enjoyed dessert - Putu Mayam .. sprinkled liberally with coloured sugar and a little desiccated coconut

2 types of durian - mao shan wang / cat mountain king & hei ci / blackthorn ?

Dessert & durian
Kalboz likes this.

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jun 12, 2021 at 6:18 am Reason: Added photo
Old Jun 12, 2021, 3:42 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Do you have a guest bedroom?
All bedrooms are taken sofa bed is available
boxo likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by bensyd
Trying to eat more fish but I find it so boring. So I'm trying my hand at whole fish with SE Asian flavours because I think they do the best (cooked) fish. This was my first attempt at grilling a whole fish (snapper). Passed the first test and I didnt leave half the fish on the grill grates. Tasted really good too. I could happily eat that twice a week.

Try cooking in foil if you worry about sticking to grill. What else you put in the foil is up to you but it stays very moist. I cooked whole snapper once. Cleaning it was very messy and we had scales all over the deck. Looked like a snowstorm.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by bensyd
What a beauty!

Old Jun 12, 2021, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
In order to be able to read this and the What's for dinner threads, I decided that I should be snaking. Otherwise I salivate.

Today's snack is crackers and Occelli Foglie Di Castagno cheese. If you like pungent cheese full of sweet nutty flavor then this is your cheese.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Flakey Cream Donuts looks like a classic donut shop except .
I bought 4 donuts and ate the blueberry. It was the best blueberry donut I can remember and Ive eaten them for decades. I returned to buy 4 more donuts and wrote a Yelp review. Top rating.

flying goat coffee
ordered online for pickup except I still have to enter the shop for pickup and theres a 1 customer at a time in shop rule. Sigh

bangkok - with housemade condensed milk
drip with oat milk

Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:46 am

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Try cooking in foil if you worry about sticking to grill. What else you put in the foil is up to you but it stays very moist. I cooked whole snapper once. Cleaning it was very messy and we had scales all over the deck. Looked like a snowstorm.
The key is to scale the fish under running water. That will cut down greatly on the scales flying all over the place. If doing this in a sink, make sure to use the drain stopper, as scales will clog pipes if allowed to go down the drain.
estnet and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 3:03 pm

For anytime snacking! Bread pudding with vanilla sauce.

corky likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Middle daughter made youngest daughter a cake 😀.

estnet, corky, Yahillwe and 6 others like this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I like that it chars a bit when straight over the fire. I've cooked in foil a few times in the oven and its more like steaming. The Thais leave the scales on but cover the skin in salt so it can be lifted off after cooking. I just get the fish shop to clean it for me.
phillygold likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andyh64000
Middle daughter made youngest daughter a cake 😀.

Wow---great job!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.