Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Old May 20, 2008, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
What are you eating today?

I've always thought it would be fun to share what we are eating on any given day. I'm sure there are other such threads (i know of many in Omni), but this one will be better. This one is mine.

I'll start: I had the Yemeni guys at my local bodega make me a hot pastrami on a hero bun. It was a passable dinner. The HUGE plus was that they delivered it, along with a six-pack of Brooklyn.

What about you? What are YOU eating today?
Old May 20, 2008, 3:48 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe, and Carbon Conscious Travel

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Well, so far, a cereal bar from our local cereal makers. I expect it will get more exciting as the day progresses
Old May 20, 2008, 7:18 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Lunch I believe is turkey soup (it's in the fridge, it's soup sized container, so I'm guessing it's turkey) and I'll hit up one of the fruit carts for grapes or cherries, which ever looks good when I stroll around at lunchtime.

Dinner will be some excellent leftover seafood stew we made on Sunday, probably over rice with a salad on the side.

There's also some watermellon in the fridge begging to be part of the plan later.
Old May 20, 2008, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Out for a work outing at the baseball game tonight, so it'll be mini-PrimeRib sandwiches, hot dog, and some form of mayo-based potato/pasta salads. That will be washed down with several imported beers and a trip to the desert cart for a nice slice of carrot cake.

Fortunately for me, ball park food (as everyone knows) does NOT have any calories. WHEW!
Dave
Old May 20, 2008, 7:28 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
Well, that is what I call an interesting thread

I had a bread with peanut butter, another with "Nutella" and a banana for lunch.

For dinner I plan to eat a salad, but this may change. Maybe I'll end up at McDonads
Old May 20, 2008, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Toast with peanut butter for breakfast, and then airport food the rest of the day until I hit DTW.
Old May 20, 2008, 7:37 am

Portions of the post that previously appeared in this space has been deleted. I would provide you with a reason why, but doing so would likely be against the TOS.

Last edited by uncertaintraveler; Dec 18, 2008 at 8:44 am
Old May 20, 2008, 7:42 am

Well, lunch was a tasty chicken, sweet chilli and mozzarella panini from a local Italian sandwich bar. Washed down with some chinotto from the same.
Old May 20, 2008, 7:48 am

Well, since I gained 5# on vacation...

I'm back on my program, protein shakes and a bar, one good meal (low carb, high protein) today, lots of water. About 900-1000 calories. Hell, I'm looking good!
Old May 20, 2008, 8:57 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Breakfast: OJ

Lunch: Chinese homecooked meal of meat (chicken) and four veggie dishes plus soup

Dinner: Korean grilled pork (sam-gyeop-sal) with all the trimmings and seafood pancake
Old May 21, 2008, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by happymom2008
I'm back on my program, protein shakes and a bar, one good meal (low carb, high protein) today, lots of water. About 900-1000 calories. Hell, I'm looking good!
Wow, good for you. I'm trying a similar deprivation diet this week... we'll see how it goes.

Going to walk to the farmer's market in Union Square. Hopefully the fresh trout guy is there. I'm jonesing!
Old May 21, 2008, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
For breakfast I had two klobasneks and I think for lunch I'm going to have Chipotle.
Old May 21, 2008, 9:57 am

Tea last night was a salad (various leaves and rocket, some from our garden, romano peppers, chantenay carrots, spring onions, cucumber and grilled mushrooms - I don't do dressing, but have some mixed spices) with Quorn sausages and some nice local bread rolls.

Some rather tasty (and excessively juicy) peaches and apricots for afters.
Old May 21, 2008, 9:59 am

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
Left over Papa John's, Nutella on flaxseed bread. Dinner: probably canned soup as I have nothing else in my apartment.
Old May 21, 2008, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
I made some rice with vegetables last night and tonight I fried up the leftovers with a mediocre chorizo. My kingdom for a good, local chorizo!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.