Reload this Page >

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2014, 1:40 am

Decided to make some Chicken Tikka and made a wrap for last night.

Old May 6, 2014, 4:21 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by indianwells
Decided to make some Chicken Tikka and made a wrap for last night.
That was well worth the trouble .....

Have you tried these? They are very good ..

Old May 6, 2014, 4:26 am

It is a bit of a faff but i'll freeze the rest for curries.
Old May 6, 2014, 7:46 am
uk1
Suspended

It is a bit of a faff but i'll freeze the rest for curries.
I made some tandoori for today ... but to be honest I had other stuff I added that was more a "needed to be used" issue ... and therefore we also had too much ...

Yours was better.

Old May 6, 2014, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by uk1
That was well worth the trouble .....

Have you tried these? They are very good ..

No, but I will. Although wraps look nice mine seem to be defective, as in every time I take a bite some filling squirts out of the bottom!
Old May 6, 2014, 9:14 am
uk1
Suspended

No, but I will. Although wraps look nice mine seem to be defective, as in every time I take a bite some filling squirts out of the bottom!
I've never got on with wraps. They remind me of that foam rubber stuff back packers sleep on. I like pittas but they can be iffy. These Warburtons are really good, and they freeze perfectly. So if you froze your tikka and had some of these pittas also in the freezer presuming you had some red onion and some pointy cabbage (which seem to last forever) and some flat leaf parsley and a lemon you'd always have a scrumptious late night kebab in the pipeline for those unexpected yearnings. Nil desperandum.

I'm currently working on how to ape a donner kebab for freezer storage but your tikka is lovely.
Old May 6, 2014, 9:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by uk1
I made some tandoori for today ... but to be honest I had other stuff I added that was more a "needed to be used" issue ... and therefore we also had too much ...

Yours was better.

I must say from the brief glimpes of parts of Mrs uk1 we've seen in your photographs she's keeping in great shape despite your best efforts to fatten the old gal up.
Your portion sizes are enormous.
However,Champagne with Ketchup on the same table get full marks in my book.^
Old May 6, 2014, 10:02 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Showbizguru
I must say from the brief glimpes of parts of Mrs uk1 we've seen in your photographs she's keeping in great shape despite your best efforts to fatten the old gal up.
It was stuff we had to eat ... I over ordered ....... and she was a size 6 when I met her ... but she is very lovely. It was a champers day today. A s*d it day, if you get my drift. We've had a few deliveries of Bredon at half price which I think tastes of what you'd produce if you bred Deutz and LPGS so it is a steal at half price. So I have cases of it all over the place.

I had a cunning plan this year. Fed up with not smoking when it was raining. So an outside cigar room. With roof. This is it today. Well the roof that is. Twinkly lights, chinese silk cheap vines and a bit of guttering down the middle to stop the drips. I deserve an inventors medal for this. Somewhere to smoke, drink brandy and suck a Mozart ball in bleedin' peace and no yakking.

Old May 6, 2014, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Showbizguru
Had the same thought. She must exercise all the time to stay in such shape after all this food.
Old May 6, 2014, 10:09 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Had the same thought. She must exercise all the time to stay in such shape after all this food.
We walk every day and have learned to stop eating when we have stopped feeling hungry.
Old May 6, 2014, 11:28 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Beautiful day here and I'm home studying. Just a lunch of cold cuts, chips and yogurt but having it on the balcony reading the paper was a much needed break.
Old May 6, 2014, 1:05 pm

Our meals in Dubai this week have been phenomenal - not one one bad meal all week. Tonight was a place called Pierchic out on the water near the Madinat Jumeirah. Had to take a boat and golf cart to get here. Simply amazing seafood with a spectacular view of the Burj al Arab. Wow. I never realized what a great gastronomic destination this is
Old May 7, 2014, 12:57 am

Beef in red wine last night. Was going to call it Bourgignon but couldn't because I forgot to get the bloody pearl onions. Still very tasty though! As usual I made extra for the freezer.

Old May 7, 2014, 1:28 am
uk1
Suspended

... lovely ..

You'll use less freezer space if you use the square containers from the Cinese or Indian take-aways .....
Old May 7, 2014, 2:28 am

I did get some of those but my freezer still gets really full so I bought a little vacpac machine and it's brilliant!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.