Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, MM, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, etc
I've been in both at least 20 times and I really have no preference.

They are both great but I'm not looking for much other than a place to fire up my laptop and check email and a beer and a snack.

And an occasional visit with a Warmlet.

They really are the crown jewels of the SC network.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
They are the same setup. Go to the one closest to your gate
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Hi guys, have browsed through most pages in this thread and haven't found an answer to my question!

Will be traveling this holiday season in Asia, connecting in NRT. My dad and my mom are both DL GM/STE+, but I am FO. I understand that they can bring in a guest into the NRT SkyClubs (aren't they self-service?), but since I am not 21 yet, will I be denied access or is that a US-only thing?

I am 20, and the drinking age in Japan (from a Google search) is 20... So I'm not sure! Any insight? Thanks.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:24 pm

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
Originally Posted by bj27
Hi guys, have browsed through most pages in this thread and haven't found an answer to my question!

Will be traveling this holiday season in Asia, connecting in NRT. My dad and my mom are both DL GM/STE+, but I am FO. I understand that they can bring in a guest into the NRT SkyClubs (aren't they self-service?), but since I am not 21 yet, will I be denied access or is that a US-only thing?

I am 20, and the drinking age in Japan (from a Google search) is 20... So I'm not sure! Any insight? Thanks.
That really shouldn't be an issue. While the age restriction for entry into an SC providing self-pour liquor is 21, since you're with your legal guardians who ostensibly have responsibility for you it shouldn't be a problem. Enjoy your trip together!
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by obnoxoid
That really shouldn't be an issue. While the age restriction for entry into an SC providing self-pour liquor is 21, since you're with your legal guardians who ostensibly have responsibility for you it shouldn't be a problem. Enjoy your trip together!
Thank you very much! Looking forward to it.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 6:24 am

Visited the NRT Sky Club about a week ago like previously stated...

Unfortunately I was a little disappointed! Food options were all vegetarian--sushi with gourd (one piece served in a bowl so you could only take one at a time), crudite with blue cheese dressing, veggie wrap, Danishes, pretzels, egg flower soup, and Asian congee.

Maybe I was expecting a little more :P it was either that or we had to spend 6 hours at NRT and the options got old after 2 hours. We did visit both sky clubs and found the food selections to be exactly the same.

Normal DL selection of liquor, but the beer machines were very cool.

Shower rooms were nice and clean, attendants were very gracious.

However we still will stop by on our return leg. A great club but it seems like they may have cut food options back a bit (I looked at older pictures and found that they seem to have stopped serving sandwiches).

Anyone else have any recent experiences?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Maybe they had less out due to lighter holiday traffic? When I was there a couple months ago it was 'real' sushi and they alternated between the veggi wrap and little sandwiches, along with the other usual things.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Originally Posted by rylan
Maybe they had less out due to lighter holiday traffic? When I was there a couple months ago it was 'real' sushi and they alternated between the veggi wrap and little sandwiches, along with the other usual things.
I was there nov 15. Quite underwhelmed given all the bravado here.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rrz518
I was there nov 15. Quite underwhelmed given all the bravado here.
Still way better than any stateside SC.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Still way better than any stateside SC.
Not much. Quite disappointing actually
Old Dec 27, 2012, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rrz518
Not much. Quite disappointing actually
Sorry to hear about your experience then. I've never been under impressed with NRT, always have some sort of hot foods and all sorts of snacks. Plus the beer machines rock, and service is impeccable.

The US SC's are overrun with DYKWIA and zoo-like families who put their feet up left and right and hog up the Tmobile with their 10 devices each. Not to mention the food is substandard (let's be real, it's just snacks) that we constantly have to debate if the cheese is fake or real.

Anyway, don't get me wrong I appreciate the SC's. But it's gone way downhill since the NWA WC or DL Crown days.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Sorry to hear about your experience then. I've never been under impressed with NRT, always have some sort of hot foods and all sorts of snacks. Plus the beer machines rock, and service is impeccable.

The US SC's are overrun with DYKWIA and zoo-like families who put their feet up left and right and hog up the Tmobile with their 10 devices each. Not to mention the food is substandard (let's be real, it's just snacks) that we constantly have to debate if the cheese is fake or real.

Anyway, don't get me wrong I appreciate the SC's. But it's gone way downhill since the NWA WC or DL Crown days.
I can understand the comparison to stateside SCs and agree that it is way better than the few SCs I've been to. Perhaps the holiday traffic did play a part in it, as the SC in Satellite 2 was quite empty. Maybe 10 people in there at a time, tops. The other SC in Sat 1 was much more full.

We were in the HNL SC before the NRT SC and the HNL was very lacking--such a tiny space felt cramped and the food selection was poor (breakfast was donut holes and bagels).

I appreciated the NRT SC but it didn't seem to live up to what was discussed here! I imagine that they may have scaled back from previous years.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 7:42 am

My impression was that the food selection was sparse and unappetizing (which can be controlled). Both locations I visited were quite full (which to me was off-putting, but that's not anyone's fault, that's what they are intended for). As I don't drink (alcohol) the beer machines were not a factor.

By the descriptions laid out here in previous posts, I was expecting something akin to the KLM lounges in Amsterdam (or the United International First loungs in SFO). I did get to visit the Thai Business Class lounge in BKK later in this trip and was blown away. Too bad I didn't spring for 1st, I'm sure that was even better...

So compared with those, big disappointment. It was (somewhat) better than the domestic Skyclubs, but I was led to believe that it was a LOT better, and this was a let-down, esp compared with the lounges mentioned above.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: Skyteam
Food was way better under NWA management.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by skchin
Food was way better under NWA management.
Definitely, so were TPAC boarding pass surprises.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.