Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Not worth it if we have to re-clear security. I thought a 10 minute refreshment break before hitting the express train into town would have been nice.
You can buy refreshments in the terminal. Most take credit cards. There is even a 7-11 in the departure area.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:46 am
Suspended

NRT SkyClub

Originally Posted by padrevic
Does anyone know if the lounge at NRT has a shower? Thanks
The one in the satellite area does. They are recently re-done but do not have hair dryers.

This is the best of all SkyClubs with great food, drink, and WiFi.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
The one in the satellite area does. They are recently re-done but do not have hair dryers.

This is the best of all SkyClubs with great food, drink, and WiFi.
+1 I was there last week and it was an amazing skyclub, I wish all were like that. The Sushi was great as well.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:31 am

I will be flying to Shanghai via ATL and NRT from Houston on Delta. I am flying on a reward ticket for first class/Business class that a friend bought for me. More concerned about getting in at Tokyo, because I have a 5 hour layover!

Will I be able to get into the lounges?

My return flight is from Shanghai to Minneapolis, and then to Houston. What about in Minneapolis and Shanghai?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by ministerman
I will be flying to Shanghai via ATL and NRT from Houston on Delta. I am flying on a reward ticket for first class/Business class that a friend bought for me. More concerned about getting in at Tokyo, because I have a 5 hour layover!

Will I be able to get into the lounges?

My return flight is from Shanghai to Minneapolis, and then to Houston. What about in Minneapolis and Shanghai?
If you're flying BE in/out of NRT then you will have access.

I was in both NRT lounges earlier this week and during my 5 hour layover (ugh, why the long gap between flights to HNL?) I was able to confirm the excellent sushi was still fully stocked. It's actually IMPROVED since last year. They used to just put a sliver of tuna inside each roll but they now top them with salmon too.

In addition, the showers were a wonderful respite during my lengthy layover. Excellent water pressure, water that was plenty hot and a staff member that was standing by to (fully) service each room after guests had completed use.

And to think I arrived into NRT after using the international version of ATL B10 in BKK. Man, that club was an absolute embarrassment. Whatever DL is paying to contract with that lounge is too much!
Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:30 am

NRT Sky Club earthquake video

From CNN's iReport: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-569591
Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:35 am

Programs: DL DM
I'm pretty sure this video has already been posted here and then moved to another forum.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Yep, already posted...

in this forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...pan-quake.html
Old Mar 12, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Gold, National Executive-Selection
That looks seriously un-fun.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
Most of the pictures look like something from a movie but when you can actually see what happened to place that you've been it makes it hit home.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by xx2kewll
Wow! That was too close, huh? Very lucky that mean no one damaged the SkyClub in NRT at all. They didn't have evacuated out of airports? You should have to leave from the club. You have go under the tables and it will much safer for you.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:00 pm

Electrical Adapter Needed at NRT Sky Club?

Traveling from Hawaii to Hong Kong via Tokyo in a couple of weeks. A few hours at the NRT Sky Club. Will I need an electrical adapter to charge my macbook and cellphone? Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
The Nrt Sky Club has North American 2prong style electrical outlets. Not sure of the voltage, but most chargers for Phones, etc are dual voltage.

Last edited by dlflyer2; Mar 26, 2011 at 10:31 am
Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:17 pm

"Western style electrical outlets"?

What does that mean? Like the outlets in England, Australia, France, Canada, all of which are in the West, and all of which have different style outlets.

If by Western Style you mean the greatest, bestest country in the world around which all other countries orbit (i.e., the United States of America), American style plugs fit into all Japanese outlets that I have come across in Japan.

Originally Posted by dlflyer2
The Nrt Sky Club has western style electrical outlets. Not sure of the voltage, but most chargers for Phones, etc are dual voltage.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA fallen Gold, Marriott Gold, Priority Pass, Hertz #1 Gold
I believe the PC way to say it is the NRT SkyClub uses North American style outlets but they are actually 100 volts and 50Hz. Your devices can handle the difference just fine.

Last edited by wb9tio; Mar 21, 2011 at 4:29 pm Reason: stubbed my toe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.