Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, MM, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, etc
YES!

Much better variety.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
You need to do a search as praise is always heaped on NRT being one of the best lounges available to those of us who fly DL.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM FC Two-MM CRC
NRT SKy Club

It is the best one I have been to so far. I have been there 4 times, including the day of the Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami. We were delayed 24 hours for our departure to the States and the staff and service in the SkyClub was beyond any expectations - especially under the circumstances. They have great food, wonderful staff and about 20 iMacs to use if you don't have your own laptop to take advantage of the free and fast WiFi.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:24 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
YES. It is much better!

The only downside, in my mind, is that there are no "Delta" staff in the lounge. If you have to change a ticket or seat or something you will need to leave the lounge to find a service center.

Other than that, they are really great!
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by rrz518
By "Better" I mean FOOD.

If not, are there any codeshare clubs there that would allow access? I'm flying BE to SIN, and have the Amex that allows club access as well.

Thanks
Great clubroom large variety of food and beverages. Fast internet connection
Old Aug 19, 2012, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by rrz518
By "Better" I mean FOOD.

If not, are there any codeshare clubs there that would allow access? I'm flying BE to SIN, and have the Amex that allows club access as well.

Thanks
Yes, definitely better food. AF club is also accessible but they are not open during the DL NRT transit window.

Your AMEX might give you other club access but they might not be in the same terminal or pod.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by TTT
The only downside, in my mind, is that there are no "Delta" staff in the lounge. If you have to change a ticket or seat or something you will need to leave the lounge to find a service center.
Wow, I was unaware of that little fact. So there is no capability of working on reservations while in the SC? I often use SC layovers to take care of "housekeeping" with regard to other future trips.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTT
YES. It is much better!

Other than that, they are really great!
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Wow, I was unaware of that little fact. So there is no capability of working on reservations while in the SC? I often use SC layovers to take care of "housekeeping" with regard to other future trips.
The "DL Staff" at NRT SC are hostesses. They are pleasant and greet you in Asian tradition. There are link to reservations system in the NRT SC's.
BUT
There is a transfer desk on main level where the gates are. The staff there are better equipped to deal with ticket/reservation issues. They are trained in reservations and ticketing as well English proficiency tested along with other major Asian languages.

Have your DM/PM/GM card out and visible; they will drag you to the head of the line.

Last edited by tentseller; Aug 19, 2012 at 4:22 pm
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:03 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Originally Posted by tentseller
The "DL Staff" at NRT SC are hostesses. They are pleasant and greet you in Asian tradition. There are link to reservations system in the NRT SC's.
BUT
There is a transfer desk on main level where the gates are. The staff there are better equipped to deal with ticket/reservation issues. They are trained in reservations and ticketing as well English proficiency tested along with other major Asian languages.

Have your DM/PM/GM card out and visible; they will drag you to the head of the line.
They are very pleasant and welcoming. However, as [b]tentseller[\b] said the transfer desk downstairs is a better choice to do your housekeeping. I haven't even had the lounge staff assist with seat changes.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes, that is the only negative about the NRT skyclub... the lounge staff are pretty much limited to being very friendly and letting you know if your connection is on time and what gate.

Unfortunately while the transfer desk may have a skypriority line and agents who are trained, I haven't had good experiences with them when it comes to rebooking in case of irops.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rylan
Yes, that is the only negative about the NRT skyclub... the lounge staff are pretty much limited to being very friendly and letting you know if your connection is on time and what gate.

Unfortunately while the transfer desk may have a skypriority line and agents who are trained, I haven't had good experiences with them when it comes to rebooking in case of irops.
They are great at getting you out of NRT and onward but usually in major IRROP (one flight cancellation/delay in ot out of NRT is 300 pax or 450+ in case of 747's) they are swapped and will not look at other options for you. We are seeing Japanese efficiency and culture at work.

I use the Wifi in NRT SC and deal with @DeltaAssist now; I find it that the best and most efficient way even in US SC's.

Last edited by tentseller; Aug 20, 2012 at 7:44 am
Old Aug 20, 2012, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Yes

And they are great.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:49 pm

Have long defected from DL, but always have good memories of the old NRT WC. Good thing, the company handling the WC, now SkyClub handles the UA lounge as well, so sometimes I see a familiar face. Food at the WC tops the offerings at the UA lounge, though. Great to read all your comments.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
Visited last June for the first time since the merger. I was delighted to see that DL kept NW's beer machines there. Not that I drink beer. I just think they're cool. I always use the chilled glasses for soda.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by chinhk
Hi everyone!

I'll be flying back from Narita with KLM in early March.
Looking forward to experience this great lounge myself but does anyone knows if the two lounges located at satellite 1 and 2 of terminal 1 are the same???
I see no answer to this question from many months ago. Since I will be there in a day or two with more than 3 hours, I could use either one. Any idea whether one is better than the other?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.