Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:46 am

From this winter schedule, NRT SC will be more congested. Currently US departures and Asian routes are separated by roughly 3 hours (US flights are between 3-4pm, Asian flights are between 6:30-7:30pm), but from this winter schedule, they all depart together between 4:15-6pm, mostly after 5pm. NRT runways are also super busy at this time.

Nice to have earlier arrival into and later departure from BKK and SIN, though. I can see DL will utilize some fleets as quick turn on US-NRT, as there will be less beyond-NRT flights.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL PM
Six hour layover

Transiting NRT to SPN later this week from SEA, have a layover of about 6 hours. Both are DL flights. From some of the posts here, I get the impression I will not be able to stay airside but will be shepherded landside when I arrive. Is that correct if you are on a continuing itinerary? If so, what is the protocol for returning to airside to get to your flight (and the SC, of course)?

Edit: found http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guid...book/01-02.pdf which appears to answer my question. Any idea how long this takes DL to DL? (I have a shorter connection, about 1:50, on my return flight.)

Last edited by vbjd1111; Nov 9, 2014 at 7:20 pm
Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by vbjd1111
Transiting NRT to SPN later this week from SEA, have a layover of about 6 hours. Both are DL flights. From some of the posts here, I get the impression I will not be able to stay airside but will be shepherded landside when I arrive. Is that correct if you are on a continuing itinerary? If so, what is the protocol for returning to airside to get to your flight (and the SC, of course)?

Edit: found http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guid...book/01-02.pdf which appears to answer my question. Any idea how long this takes DL to DL? (I have a shorter connection, about 1:50, on my return flight.)
You should absolutely be fine. I had a 90 minute connection from NRT to SIN a couple of days ago and had time to spare. After getting off the plane and routing through security, I was able to make a couple of airport purchases and head to the Skyclub to freshen up. It didn't hurt that the SC was just upstairs from the departure gate of course.

On the way back I had 2.5 hours which was time to shop and actually relax for a bit before boarding.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by vbjd1111

When you land, assuming that your onward flight departs from the international area of T1 and any bags are checked through, follow the signs for connections to go through security. You do not enter Japan; don't follow the arrivals signs (as they lead to passport control and then baggage claim and customs) unless you want to leave the airport. Six hours is surely enough to go to Narita village but IMO not enough to do anything in Tokyo.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 6:07 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by EG8196
I will arrive NRT in 7 hrs.
Which lounge is better?
SC or UC (United Club)?

Thanks
Realizing that the OP's question is from last year, I thought I'd just post my thoughts for anyone else with this question.

I was at NRT a few days ago and had the choice of the Sky Clubs, United Club, and ANA Lounges and went with the Satellite 2 Sky Club, despite my UA flight departing from Gate 33. I find that NRT Sky Club is less crowded and cooler than the other two. I'm not a fan of the United Club's layout (the shoji-type partitions make it claustrophobic to me) and the internet there is flakey.

I had a longer time at NRT a few months ago and had a time to lounge hop between the Satellite 2 Sky Club, Korean Air Lounge, and United Club and liked them in that order.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: DL SM, CX GREEN
Which of the 2 Satellites has the nicer shower rooms?
I recall one being large, one being small.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by Zamees
Which of the 2 Satellites has the nicer shower rooms?
I recall one being large, one being small.
The one closer to gate in the 20s
Old Jul 4, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL SM, CX GREEN
Does the China Airlines lounge now let Skyteam elite plus members in? I have a DL ticketed JAL flight, and that's the only ST lounge in Terminal 2

When I tried a few years ago, I was denied claiming you must have first class or be on a CA flight. Seemed to be inaccurate information as they offer a standard Sky Team lounge.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 12:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by Zamees
Does the China Airlines lounge now let Skyteam elite plus members in? I have a DL ticketed JAL flight, and that's the only ST lounge in Terminal 2

When I tried a few years ago, I was denied claiming you must have first class or be on a CA flight. Seemed to be inaccurate information as they offer a standard Sky Team lounge.
According to Delta's access policies (link below), I don't think so unfortunately. I believe you have to be physically flying (not ticketed) on a SkyTeam partner and JAL is OW.

" SkyTeam Elite Plus® (including Delta Diamond, Platinum or Gold Medallion® Members) traveling in any cabin on a SkyTeam international flight* or a SkyTeam domestic flight connecting to/from a same-day international flight (includes same-day travel on a Delta domestic flight connecting to an international Delta—or any other SkyTeam partner—flight). If traveling on a international itinerary, please show a physical frequent flyer credential for lounge access.
Note: SkyTeam Elite Plus benefits are provided only at the departure airport and not at the arrival airport unless connecting to a qualifying SkyTeam flight."

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-of-terms.html
Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL FO
I will be arriving NRT from a GA flight at 8:50am, departing on DL at 4:55pm. I'm not sure if GA will issue a DL boarding pass so I may need to go to the transfer desk at NRT. Assuming I have a boarding pass and make my way to the departures area, can I then access the skyclub, take a quick shower and then pass through immigration if I want to leave the airport and check out Tokyo or Narita?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
GA should be able to issue you some sort of DL boarding pass in order to go through connection security in NRT, but for your departure later you may need to get a DL boarding pass issued from the transfer desk located on the main floor of either satellite.

Assuming you're flying in business class or have a SC membership or Amex card for access? Then yes you can use the lounge for a shower and then go out through immigration. Plenty of time for some sightseeing if you want to hop on the train to Narita, check out the city and temple, and have some lunch there.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: DL FO
Yes I'll be in J on both the GA and DL flights. Thanks so much for the info!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Honors Gold
I hope this is an ok thread to post my question.

I am a GM flying MSP-NRT-BKK and the reverse. I will have a friend with me on a separate reservation.

Am I correct that I can access the clubs at MSP and NRT, and bring in my friend for no charge?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
According to the access policies, yes you get one guest at the skyclub as a GM on international.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-of-terms.html
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL
Arriving at NRT next month from LAX on a DL One ticket (with access to SC departing and arriving). Have a 3.5hr layover and connecting International flight on a different carrier (not SkyTeam) from Terminal 2. I would love to use the DL SC in Terminal 1 once I arrive. In reading over the previous posts, I understand you can use an airside bus to get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2.

What I can't find is whether I will be able to get to the DL SC once my first flight arrives. I believe it is clear that in the new NRT, I can go through International Connections security without having to do customs. What is not clear is whether once you go through security, that dumps you back into Terminal 1 (where DL SC is) or if you have to go straight on to Terminal 2.

Anyone with recent experience in arriving at Terminal 1 and going through connections security? Does that place you back in Terminal 1? Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.