Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Poster is connecting onward (albeit, Y, non-ST). Thus should get access based on inbound D1 to SC. If he was just arriving, no onward flight, then no access.
Just an update on this, in case anyone is interested. I was granted access to SC based on my inbound in D1. However, I had to wait for the check in for my connecting flight to open before I could head airside again.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I don't know how accurate this number is, given the ongoing reduction in Delta's operations at Tokyo-Narita, but supposedly the sole remaining Sky Club serves 600 people per day:

About 600 business class passengers, Delta SkyMiles Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion members, Sky Team elite members, and premier card members use the Tokyo-Narita Sky Club Lounge daily.

https://www.saipantribune.com/index....ures-marianas/
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:04 pm

Departing NRT on 3/6 on DL276 in D1. Is the SkyClub the best lounge in NRT to use, or should I venture to the Korean or Air China lounges?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:05 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by shimps1
Departing NRT on 3/6 on DL276 in D1. Is the SkyClub the best lounge in NRT to use, or should I venture to the Korean or Air China lounges?
I didn't find the KE lounge to be that noteworthy (although I didn't really investigate the alcohol selection if that is important to you ). It's not that far from the DL gates, so if you have time maybe worth a look-see, but I'd stick with the SC otherwise.

Air China is a mainland Chinese carrier in Star Alliance. Assuming you meant Taiwan-based China Airlines which is in Skyteam, I believe their lounge is in T2 and you'll be leaving from T1.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by shimps1
The Korean lounge is pitiful, except for the self-serve Rémy Martin cognac and the roped off first-class area that nobody ever sits in (but you can get in without being challenged by a lounge attendant). I usually stop to exercise my right to use the club and ensure that Delta gets a bill from Korean. There is a great spa right by the Korean lounge with very reasonable rates and excellent service. The massage is so good that I often drool through the head rest openings.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
A question for the Delta experts here:

I have no status with Delta, but will be flying paid J from NRT-HNL. I assume I will have access the the Sky Club? If so, is this club superior to the Priority Pass/KAL lounge available?

Do Delta flights leave from both Satellite 1 & 2?

Many thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:44 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 747FC

I have no status with Delta, but will be flying paid J from NRT-HNL. I assume I will have access the the Sky Club? If so, is this club superior to the Priority Pass/KAL lounge available?

Many thanks!
Flying in J should give you access to the Sky Club.
I've visited the KAL lounge out of curiousity and found the food to be just snacks and instant noodles. Sky Club has hot food (porridge and some small appetizers). There is also a neat beer tap machine in the Sky Club.
I can't recall if KAL has a shower, but the Sky Club has showers too (small bathroom, but doable with high water pressure).

This was my experience last year, but perhaps it has changed more recently.
747FC likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Many thanks!
To use a line from another thread, "friends, don't let friends use KAL lounges." Even in ICN their home they're awful. All remaining DL NRT flights have been consolidated into one of the satellites. They even closed the SC in end don't use, leaving just the one.
747FC likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:10 am
Suspended

Many thanks!
With a ticket in Delta One business-class between NRT and HNL you will receive access to the Sky Club.

It is a perfectly fine lounge with lovely staff; in fact, they are some of the best in the Sky Club system. The Honolulu flights leave late enough that the lounge shouldn't be crowded.

The Korean lounge is worthless, although it has a decent tarmac view and self-serve booze. I normally stop by for a few minutes before departure, as it is located near the gates that Delta uses. Plus by visiting for only a few minutes I'm forcing Delta to fork over some money to Korean. I feel like I'm sticking it to the man, so to speak.

There's a nice little massage/nail spa around the corner from the Korean lounge. I've had amazing back massages there on long layovers.

If you get bored, walk around Narita. I love people watching and observing the Japanese customs. The airport security guards even have a British changing of the guard-esque routine. The book shops scattered through the terminal sell postcards, but stamps have to be bought at the duty free shops.
747FC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.