Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SunsetFlyer
Arriving at NRT next month from LAX on a DL One ticket (with access to SC departing and arriving). Have a 3.5hr layover and connecting International flight on a different carrier (not SkyTeam) from Terminal 2. I would love to use the DL SC in Terminal 1 once I arrive. In reading over the previous posts, I understand you can use an airside bus to get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2.

What I can't find is whether I will be able to get to the DL SC once my first flight arrives.
Bumping this in hope that someone might have the answer to this. Did OP manage to get access to SC after all?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:51 am

You should have access to the remaining SC at NRT if you show your D1 ticket.

The airside bus for T2 leaves from under gate 26. Just go down the stairs which are close to gate 26 and turn right. The bus to T2 runs approx every 30 minutes at 15 minutes and 45 minutes past the hour if I recall correctly.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by fpmurphy
You should have access to the remaining SC at NRT if you show your D1 ticket.

The airside bus for T2 leaves from under gate 26. Just go down the stairs which are close to gate 26 and turn right. The bus to T2 runs approx every 30 minutes at 15 minutes and 45 minutes past the hour if I recall correctly.
Thank you! Was dreading my long layover before connecting to intl Y with an airline not in ST.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SQ88
Thank you! Was dreading my long layover before connecting to intl Y with an airline not in ST.
To be clear you're arriving in J on DL? STE+ wont get you in with non ST connecting flight.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:57 am

Woops, missed the part about non-ST. No you will not have access to the T1 SC in this case unless you have SC membership. There is a paid club near Gate 26, close by Korean Air lounge. It is 1200 yen for 4 hrs I think, food is extra.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Woops, missed the part about non-ST. No you will not have access to the T1 SC in this case unless you have SC membership. There is a paid club near Gate 26, close by Korean Air lounge. It is 1200 yen for 4 hrs I think, food is extra.
There are several paid options. There's an amazing massage spa right across from the lounge @fpmurphy references. They give the best massages. The staff are so friendly, too.

I enjoy walking the terminal and people-watching.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
To be clear you're arriving in J on DL? STE+ wont get you in with non ST connecting flight.
Yup im arriving in NRT on DL J. Would that be enough to grant me lounge access even though connecting in non-ST Y?

Thanks for the information! Will research the paid lounge options. 1200 yen isn't a lot but doesn't seem worth it if food is extra. Is this better than hanging out at a restaurant?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Yup im arriving in NRT on DL J. Would that be enough to grant me lounge access even though connecting in non-ST Y?
To my knowledge, NRT does not give access as an arrivals lounge.

Is this better than hanging out at a restaurant?
How much time do you have? There are quite a lot of options after customs. Shops, restaurants, etc. I've easily killed layovers of four, five and six hours-plus on both sides of security at Narita.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider

How much time do you have? There are quite a lot of options after customs. Shops, restaurants, etc. I've easily killed layovers of four, five and six hours-plus on both sides of security at Narita.
It's a 6 hour layover. I shall be well acquainted with the McDonalds there. They had special burgers etc.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:19 am
Suspended

It's a 6 hour layover. I shall be well acquainted with the McDonalds there. They had special burgers etc.
The options on the land side of the airport are better.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:30 pm

The options on the land side of the airport are better.
Thanks for the recommendation! Will make sure to check out those landside as well.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Poster is connecting onward (albeit, Y, non-ST). Thus should get access based on inbound D1 to SC. If he was just arriving, no onward flight, then no access.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:37 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived on a Saturday around 1600 and it was standing room only. It’s starting to thin out now as the earlier flights start to depart. Soups are minestrone and congee. Entrees are fried chicken and pasta along with noodles and fried rice. Overall, not bad at all.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Arrived on a Saturday around 1600 and it was standing room only. It’s starting to thin out now as the earlier flights start to depart. Soups are minestrone and congee. Entrees are fried chicken and pasta along with noodles and fried rice. Overall, not bad at all.
No meatballs on sticks? Those are my favs at NRT SC
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:31 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I didn't see any mealballs or sushi/onigiri last night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.