Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2013, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by Dean1953
I bought 2 one day passes for my trip MCI-BKK on June 29, returning July 31. I am travelling using FF miles (80,000) and have a 7 hour layover in MSP, a 55 minute layover at Narita and, returning, I have a almost a 2 hour layover in Narita and a 4 hour layover in ATL. I know that you can use the pass at multiple layovers, even though there is a date change. I really bought the passes for the extremely long layover in MSP and the moderately long one at ATL. I have been through Narita many times and am aware of having to go through security and down the escalator to the gates. On my return flight, I should have plenty of time to spend at least an hour in the Narita sky club but would like to at least try out the beer machine before boarding my flight to BKK. Is 55 minutes enough time for that or would you just go to the gate after clearing security?
"Is 55 minutes enough time"

At Narita sky club you'll get about 15-25 minutes to enjoy the SC before boarding your flight to BKK.

I will never just go to the gate after clearing security ... always try to get a stop at the SC.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 2:37 pm

I have a few questions about access and logistics as I've never been to NRT before. My friend and I are arriving at NRT on different DL flights at around the same time. NRT is our final destination, and I'm hoping we can both enter to have a shower before heading into the city. I have an Amex plat and will also be flying BE, so I should have two ways to enter. Will I be able to get my friend into the lounge as a companion with my Amex? He has no status and will be flying Y.

Also, since both the clubs are airside, would that mean our checked luggage will be sitting idle on a conveyer if we choose to stop into the club? I have no idea how customs and immigration work at NRT, but perhaps a quick shower is possible?
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by GH83
I have a few questions about access and logistics as I've never been to NRT before. My friend and I are arriving at NRT on different DL flights at around the same time. NRT is our final destination, and I'm hoping we can both enter to have a shower before heading into the city. I have an Amex plat and will also be flying BE, so I should have two ways to enter.
You will not be able to reach the SkyClubs, as you will be funneled to immigration after you get off the plane and you will end up landside. However, there are showers available landside ("before passport control"):

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guid...st/svc_37.html
Old Sep 17, 2013, 3:33 pm
In memoriam

Had a 2 hour stay there this weekend on our way home from Tokyo (flight was delayed a bit). It was pretty nice - especially compared with the Sky Club near the JAX departure gate(s) in Terminal B in Atlanta . I wouldn't expect a gourmet meal - or anything like that - but it's the nicest Sky Club I've been in. Robyn
Old Sep 17, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Originally Posted by robyng
Had a 2 hour stay there this weekend on our way home from Tokyo (flight was delayed a bit). It was pretty nice - especially compared with the Sky Club near the JAX departure gate(s) in Terminal B in Atlanta . I wouldn't expect a gourmet meal - or anything like that - but it's the nicest Sky Club I've been in. Robyn
Given all of the rave reviews here, I was expecting a lot more. The London Heathrow Skyteam lounge, for example, is far superior. FAR. The KLM lounge (any of them) in AMS are also light years ahead of this, or any other Delta clubs.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 4:46 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by rrz518
Given all of the rave reviews here, I was expecting a lot more. The London Heathrow Skyteam lounge, for example, is far superior. FAR. The KLM lounge (any of them) in AMS are also light years ahead of this, or any other Delta clubs.
The only time I ever spent any time in a really snazzy lounge - well it was the Virgin Atlantic first class lounge at Heathrow (a few decades ago). I try to spend as little time in airports/airport lounges as possible .

And just FWIW - I liked the smoking rooms at NRT (there's one just down the escalator from the Delta Lounge I used). I know smoking is hugely unpopular today. But - for those of us who smoke - a room in an airport where we can have a cigarette is much appreciated. Robyn
Old Sep 17, 2013, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Have to remember its all relative. The NRT location is the best compared to other skyclubs in the DL system, but yes it doesn't compare to some other real clubs.
The KE first class lounge in ICN is something to experience as well.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 11:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by rylan
Have to remember its all relative. The NRT location is the best compared to other skyclubs in the DL system, but yes it doesn't compare to some other real clubs.
The KE first class lounge in ICN is something to experience as well.
Agree.

It's a nice club as far as SkyClubs go, but definitely no where near as nice as other intl airline 1st/biz class lounges.

If you are SkyTeam Elite Plus (DL Gold/Plat/Diamond), you can use other SkyTeam partner lounges on an intl ticket.... The China Airlines lounges at TPE are actually quite decent.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by rrz518
+1 Narita SC is overrated.
Old May 18, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Titanium, KF Gold
I will arrive NRT in 7 hrs.
Which lounge is better?
SC or UC (United Club)?

Thanks
Old May 18, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by EG8196
Which lounge is better?
SC or UC (United Club)?

Thanks
I prefer the Skyclub at NRT, one of my favorites. YMMV.
Old May 19, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by robyng
The only time I ever spent any time in a really snazzy lounge - well it was the Virgin Atlantic first class lounge at Heathrow (a few decades ago). I try to spend as little time in airports/airport lounges as possible .

And just FWIW - I liked the smoking rooms at NRT (there's one just down the escalator from the Delta Lounge I used). I know smoking is hugely unpopular today. But - for those of us who smoke - a room in an airport where we can have a cigarette is much appreciated. Robyn
Most airports outside of the States still have smoking areas. (And some in the States still do - IAD, SLC and ATL off the top of my head -- I'm sure there are others.) At AMS there's even a smoking section at the KLM crown lounge - don't even need to nip out of the lounge for a smoke.

-Signed, an ex smoker
Old May 19, 2014, 4:52 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Which lounge is better?
SC or UC (United Club)?
Seems there are more complaints about the lounge over on the UA forum than what you hear on the DL forum but never personally tried it.

DL has two lounges. Pretty much the same IMO but I prefer the one over by the 20's gates only because of watching the planes take off.

With 7 hrs, that's enough time to check out all of them.
Old May 19, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Titanium, KF Gold
Which lounge is better?
SC or UC (United Club)?

Thanks
Answer to my only question.

UC' showers are way better than SC.
Old May 19, 2014, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Which lounge is better?
SC or UC (United Club)?

Thanks
If you have access to the FC section of the UA lounge, it's arguably better than the DL SCs at NRT. Otherwise, pick the SC that's closest to your gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.