Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, MM, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, etc
No clue but the NRT Skyclubs are still the crown jewels of the system and worth any type of one day pass for a couple of hours.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
The NRT clubs are Delta Sky Clubs, so a one-day pass is valid. The $25 pass may be just one entry; I'm not sure if that applies. This is a useful list:

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp

As you will see, there are not many international clubs where you can use a one-day pass, but NRT is one of them.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
The NRT clubs are Delta Sky Clubs, so a one-day pass is valid. The $25 pass may be just one entry; I'm not sure if that applies. This is a useful list:

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp

As you will see, there are not many international clubs where you can use a one-day pass, but NRT is one of them.
Yes, Delta AMEX $25 pass is only one entry and only works at true Sky Club locations. The one day pass only works at true Sky Club locations as well, so those locations will also work with the Delta AMEX $25 deal. There are very few true Sky Club locations located internationally -- namely Manila, Santiago, Sao Paulo, and Tokyo. That's it. The other lounges you may see listed internationally for other means of access are either partner or contract lounges and may not be accessed with the Delta AMEX $25 visit pass or a one day pass.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: Aadvantage, SkyMiles, Rapid Rewards, AMEX Platinum, Delta AMEX Platinum
Sky club at narita nrt

My wife and I have a 90 minute layover at NRT on our way to PEK. We're arriving NRT at 1730 on a Wednesday. We're traveling Economy Comfort from MSP, and I'm sure that a shower would be a great pick-me-up. Will we have enough time to use the facilities at the NRT Sky Club?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
It depends.

Often with a nominal 90 minute connection you can still have an hour or so in the SC.

But if you do not get in early, if you walk slow, if security is bad, then you will not have enough time.

In short, not plan on it. I prefer just to have a conversation with the bartender pouring my Kirin :-)
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: DL Silver (aka, Delta AmEx PLUS), Starbucks Gold :)
Originally Posted by texquill
My wife and I have a 90 minute layover at NRT on our way to PEK. We're arriving NRT at 1730 on a Wednesday. We're traveling Economy Comfort from MSP, and I'm sure that a shower would be a great pick-me-up. Will we have enough time to use the facilities at the NRT Sky Club?

In my experience, it all depends on how fast you get through security. After disembarking, they shepherd you through a security lane to get back into the terminals. Even though there's a Sky Priority lane (that I, as an FO, don't qualify to use), the agents there will point anyone to that lane (like me). It took longer than the regular lanes, but not by much. Whole process took me about 25 minutes. I was on a fully packed 747 sitting in the middle of the plane (location and type of equipment may matter).

By that time, it was 15 or so minutes to boarding, so I didn't even explore the terminal too much. That being said, you'll probably have an hour to spend at the SC.

As always, YMMV.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by texquill
If not, use the commercial facilities in the terminal. Very nice, and reasonably priced.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: Delta -DM"working on KM" Hhonors-Gold Priorityclub- Plat
Cool

"In short, not plan on it. I prefer just to have a conversation with the bartender pouring my Kirin :-)"

The "beer robot" will pour your Kirin at the SC at NRT.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
You should be fine. Depending on what time you are arriving, security can be variable with regard to how long it will take but I have always been surprised at Japanese efficiency at the security check points. Likely you have time to grab a beer from one of the famous beer machines and a snack. You may or may not have time for a shower depending on what the wait is.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, MM, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, etc
I've been lucky lately (been through there 4 times in the last month...sigh)and had short security lines.

Haven't bothered with a shower but the beer machines are in fine order and the rest of the place is as nice as always.

I would have plenty of time for a shower each time.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat (farewell DL :-<),Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
If the NRT lounge showers are full, dont forget if you are STE+ you can use the AF Salon next door which also has showers :-)
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta KM, United 1K, SPG plat
Originally Posted by delanet
If the NRT lounge showers are full, dont forget if you are STE+ you can use the AF Salon next door which also has showers :-)
That one's always closed when I fly through there.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat (farewell DL :-<),Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by generaltao
That one's always closed when I fly through there.
Yes its openings are timed for the AF departures. If you have a late departing NRT flight you can catch it opening.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'd expect you'll have time to visit the SC, but not sure about the shower as it could be busy and have a waiting list. Definitely worth the stop in to grab a Kirin, cold sake and snack though.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Is the NRT Skyclub any better than domestic ones?

By "Better" I mean FOOD.

If not, are there any codeshare clubs there that would allow access? I'm flying BE to SIN, and have the Amex that allows club access as well.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.