Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2009, 5:51 am

Programs: Delta Silver (former GM, fighting way back), Paid Delta SC Member, Hertz Gold, Gold HHonors
Not so much a bug, but a lacking feature:
When you try and change flights on an existing itinerary, you cannot search by fare class like you can when doing the initial booking.
For example, LUT fares don't get companion upgrades - so I usually search for K or higher. You only have the ability to search by the basic cabin categories instead. I had to call SMS to rebook.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 6:25 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by 18sas
I had not had a problem with this in the past, but for the past several months, I have not been able to search by price, only search by schedule has worked.

If I try to search by price I get the dreaded

message.

This behavior only happens in Firefox. I don't have this problem in IE, but I hate having to use IE just for this.
I have the same issue with Firefox and not with IE.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 9:26 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by DeltaWebDev
the session expiring issue we're looking into. the way i've found to make it go away is to dump my delta.com cookies. that seems to work.

the seat map one is really odd. i can't say i've managed to ever generate something like that.
seems like i've tried that before, but i will give it another shot the next time i book. thanks.

Last edited by 18sas; Jun 3, 2009 at 3:12 pm
Old Jun 3, 2009, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Just tried it and deleting the cookies works. Don't know at what point it will stop working again, but at least there is a workaround.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:01 pm
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
The display for my SkyMiles account summary is very odd on the mobile.delta.com site. (https://mobile.delta.com/c2ht?appno=...ta.xml&msdxid=[IDSUPPRESSED]&qxq=[ID2SUPPRESSED]&stk=history)

My SkyMiles number, membership level, MQM balance, and total available miles are blank. My current SkyMiles mileage balance is correct but the Total Available Miles field lists my current mileage expiration date. My Million Miler Miles field lists the date of my last credited flight and SkyMiles expiration date lists the MQMs of my last flight.

Then it says I have no activity for the last 12 months, which is clearly wrong.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL PM,1MM
Originally Posted by FOH
The display for my SkyMiles account summary is very odd on the mobile.delta.com site. (https://mobile.delta.com/c2ht?appno=...ta.xml&msdxid=[IDSUPPRESSED]&qxq=[ID2SUPPRESSED]&stk=history)

My SkyMiles number, membership level, MQM balance, and total available miles are blank. My current SkyMiles mileage balance is correct but the Total Available Miles field lists my current mileage expiration date. My Million Miler Miles field lists the date of my last credited flight and SkyMiles expiration date lists the MQMs of my last flight.

The mobile site is awful . . I have the same thing happen. Also tried using it to book a flight and it just gave me flight choices w/o prices.

I've had better luck with iPhone apps - you have to enter in your itineraries, but every time you look at it, it updates the time and schedule - SO MUCH easier than logging into mobile DL for flight updates.

I wish they'd invest in an iPhone app - but with all the problems w/the website, its probably low on the list.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brazzleman
I wish they'd invest in an iPhone app - but with all the problems w/the website, its probably low on the list.
actually that's an interesting statement. when you look at the smart phone market, its actually more beneficial to develop for android and the blackberry. both use java, and a lot of the core code can be reused. apple on the other hand requires development with objective c.

it boils down to the cost/benefit analysis. so while there could be a huge benefit to developing a mobile app for the iphone, android, blackberry, and windows mobile from a control aspect, you have to allocate the resources not only towards writing, but the ones qa'ing, and then the ongoing upkeep.

i can honestly say that prior to coming to work for delta, i was pretty judgmental of websites and often would make statements saying i could do things better than [insert company here]. once starting to work on delta.com my tune changed a LOT. suddenly its more than a database, application server, and a web server.

in case anyone was wondering, mobile.nwa.com appears to be outsourced to usablenet judging from the apple icon image that references their domain in the source code.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 7:41 pm

it boils down to the cost/benefit analysis. so while there could be a huge benefit to developing a mobile app for the iphone, android, blackberry, and windows mobile from a control aspect, you have to allocate the resources not only towards writing, but the ones qa'ing, and then the ongoing upkeep.
Isn't this a good arguement for dedicating the resources to a really GOOD mobile.delta.com since iPhone, android, blackberry, PRE, and even old school Treo's should be able to take advantage of it?
Old Jun 4, 2009, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
Deltawebdev, can you list what all the error codes and what they mean??? Just for giggles I was looking at award tix from MOD-ADQ and consistenly getting error Message # 7005.

What the heck does this mean? July 1st returning July 31st, 2 people, first, by schedule and I'm wanna of those people. Also tried the same for August, also tried some week dates in Sept, and I get:

We couldn't find flexible calendar options for your search either due to a system problem or because the route is served only by partner airlines. The flexible calendar options are only available for Delta or Northwest flights.

I didn't have "only show delta/nw flights" checked.... so dunno what that is about.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 12:35 am

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by FOH

Same thing is happening to me on the mobile site.

actually that's an interesting statement. when you look at the smart phone market, its actually more beneficial to develop for android and the blackberry. both use java, and a lot of the core code can be reused. apple on the other hand requires development with objective c.

Yeah, I get that any decision should and must be analysed, but at some point you also have to keep up with the service levels of your competition. That being said, I too am hoping for a DL iphone app. I haven't checked the sales figures lately, but last time I checked the iphone had taken quite a bite out of the smartphone market. Further, the Blackberrys come at many price points and feature levels and are for the time being the clear enterprise leader while the iphones have very limited price and feature differences while being the consensus consumer leader. Several carriers, many direct DL competitors, have made the choice to have their mobile sites optimized for both of these major smartphone players and their users. I hope DL will consider doing the same.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by FOH
The display for my SkyMiles account summary is very odd on the mobile.delta.com site. My SkyMiles number, membership level, MQM balance, and total available miles are blank. My current SkyMiles mileage balance is correct but the Total Available Miles field lists my current mileage expiration date. My Million Miler Miles field lists the date of my last credited flight and SkyMiles expiration date lists the MQMs of my last flight.

Originally Posted by ADLFO
Same thing is happening to me on the mobile site.
This is a long standing formatting problem with the mobile site. On my phone, winmobile 6.0, same thing happens- field data doesn't align with field titles, and some data is missing.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
This is a long standing formatting problem with the mobile site. On my phone, winmobile 6.0, same thing happens- field data doesn't align with field titles, and some data is missing.
when we get into the next test environment with the 1024 project we'll be looking at what happens to the mobile site as a result (aka did any of the changes cause issues). i'll make sure to check this.

ADLFO : its all about the balancing act. the biggest challenge is getting javascript driven functionality to behave at all on a mobile device. i do plan to play with the site at the wider resolution to see the impact. though i've never tried to access the test system to do so. hmmmmm....

amps : i believe the 7005 error is a generic one but i'll have to track that info down. however the calendar does only show availability for delta and northwest flights and not partners. that was a recent change to the application.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 2:32 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
I recently tried to book a ticket via the mobile site several different times and it errored out each time. Is this a known issue? It didn't give me a specific error. When I booked on delta.com regularlly it was fine.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

i haven't heard anything regarding the mobile site failing for bookings. hmmm.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
This is not so much a Delta.com bug, but I think the same people who check here also were involved in the Kiosk software (I think???).

Anyway, my last trip I was in an exit row, and was upgraded at the upgrade window. When I went to check in at the kiosk, my seat was something like "3-A Exit" instead of "3-A". It was a 757, so the exit row would have been 27-F, not row 3.

I had no issues boarding, but just FYI about this small bug.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.