Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com Bug Reporting: The Official Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2009, 9:05 am

ZYR

Hi DeltaWebDev,

First, thank you so much for being here on FlyerTalk. The communication and customer focus is awesome!

On topic, sort of: Is there a reason I can use delta.com to book an award ticket ex-ZYR, but when I go to buy a revenue ticket the code isn't recognized? The error message I get is "ZYR is an invalid city code or cannot be booked through this web site. Please check the spelling of ZYR or use the appropriate city code. "

It isn't an issue of Delta generally not selling tickets from ZYR (Brussels Midi Train Station, from which you get an Air France high speed train to CDG) since it IS possible to buy a Delta ticket on the route through a third party website like Orbitz.

Thanks so much!
Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:35 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Seat map is often not "available" when your browser language is set to anything but english.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)
Originally Posted by ttjoseph
On the mobile version of delta.com, when viewing recent account activity, the stats at the top of the page are messed up.

Mine reads:

This is verbatim except that I've x'ed out my mileage balance. I am using a BlackBerry Bold, and I've had a bunch of activity for the previous twelve months (just got my GM renewal credentials in the mail and my last DL flight was less than a week ago). All these stats are shown correctly on the regular version of delta.com.
I believe this is because mobile.delta.com just tries to parse the full html, and it wasn't updated with the last redesign. It used to show mileage expiration as XXX YY, 20111 (since the full version applied a footnote to 2011).
Old Feb 15, 2009, 7:49 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Delta Gold, Avis First, Hertz Gold Plus, Glee Club, Yearbook
MY ISSUE: I cannot reassign seats on only one leg of a flight. The site forces me to change seats on a segment I do not want to change.

DESCRIPTION: My fiancee and I are on an award flight for June/July. Routing is MOB-ATL-NRT/NRT-ATL-MOB, in First and BE.

When I select to change our seats on ATL-NRT (DL801) on delta.com, I am taken to the MOB-ATL flight. Since I do not want to change those seats, I pick "Next Flight." When I do so, it re-displays the MOB-ATL seats with a blank in my assignment and "Not Assigned" in my fiancee's seat.

When I try to select my existing seat, I get a "Seat not available message" (since I'm still sitting in it, I guess) and all other First seats are already assigned full. I can "back" out of this without any permanent effects, but I cannot change seats on my second flight without reassigning my first flight's seats (if that's even possible).

SOLUTION: Allow users to select individual segments within an itinerary so they may select the seats they want on one segment without affecting other segments.

Last edited by NewsBruin; Feb 15, 2009 at 11:14 pm
Old Feb 16, 2009, 7:23 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Here is a problem that I have noticed since last Fall and have pointed out to DAL several times, but nothing yet has been done to correct it--I just tried again before posting this.

This is when trying to book an international (maybe domestic too--haven't tried that) itinerary on delta.com--using fare class M or higher (it may be a problem with other fare classes or higher as well--I use M for the PMU upgrades). I make my request, pick my flights, they give me a fare quote, I confirm with SMS that the Z inventory for upgrades is available, I enter my
four digit security code for my stored credit card, but then instead of getting the confirm/purchase page, I get a page that says "the fare is no longer available." The fare is actually available--and I get it through calling SMS and getting transferred to web support. Still, that's a bit of a pain and I'd rather just do the whole thing on line (other than executing the PMU upgrade with SMS).

I have an up to date Dell computer--XP Professional, an up-to-date version of IE (7.0573.13) so I don't think that has anything to do with the problem (I originally got emails back from Customer Care saying basically there is something wrong with me or my computer). Further, this same issue occurs for my account, my wife's account, and also on her computer and her laptop. Even further, others posted on FT last Fall about having the same problem.

I have received emails last month from DAL saying they were aware of the problem, but it has not yet been solved.

Thanks for starting this thread and looking into these sorts of issues.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 12:42 pm
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
On my Account History page, there's at least a 100 pixel gap between the bottom of the page header and Account History / Mobile enabled line. It looks goofy but all the information is below there. I'm using IE 7.0.6001.18000 on Vista SP1.

It looks fine on FireFox 3.0.6 for the record. But I tend to use IE because the seat maps player nicer with it.

Last edited by FOH; Feb 16, 2009 at 12:44 pm Reason: Adding note about FireFox.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL: Diamond
This has probably been covered before but mobile delta shows "seat not assigned" when viewing an ITN that has seats.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by NewsBruin
MY ISSUE: I cannot reassign seats on only one leg of a flight. The site forces me to change seats on a segment I do not want to change.

DESCRIPTION: My fiancee and I are on an award flight for June/July. Routing is MOB-ATL-NRT/NRT-ATL-MOB, in First and BE.

When I select to change our seats on ATL-NRT (DL801) on delta.com, I am taken to the MOB-ATL flight. Since I do not want to change those seats, I pick "Next Flight." When I do so, it re-displays the MOB-ATL seats with a blank in my assignment and "Not Assigned" in my fiancee's seat.

When I try to select my existing seat, I get a "Seat not available message" (since I'm still sitting in it, I guess) and all other First seats are already assigned full. I can "back" out of this without any permanent effects, but I cannot change seats on my second flight without reassigning my first flight's seats (if that's even possible).

SOLUTION: Allow users to select individual segments within an itinerary so they may select the seats they want on one segment without affecting other segments.
Did you have a schedule change?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 4:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, Hilton GoldMarriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mtiffee
This has probably been covered before but mobile delta shows "seat not assigned" when viewing an ITN that has seats.
Yeah, I am experiencing this on an upcoming iterinerary as well. Three of the segments show my correct seat assignments, while one of my flights (FRA-ATL) shows "Not Assigned", when I have 2C assigned according to delta.com.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Delta Gold, Avis First, Hertz Gold Plus, Glee Club, Yearbook
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Did you have a schedule change?
Yeah, actually. I kept the same flights, but Delta changed the arrival time for my ATL-NRT by 5 minutes (seriously). How would that affect my seats?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
Originally Posted by gsupstate
I brought this up with my partner (for some reason, he just won't come to this site), and he said he updated new CC info a couple months back (maybe it didn't take?). Oh, well, thought I'd put this problem out here for whoever might be interested in looking into it.
I am having credit card rejection problems as well. My problem is only when I choose the alternate credit card number radio button; it displays the alternate address but in all capital letters (different from how I entered it and how it displays in the radio button displays). Then the credit card is rejected as invalid address.

I went bank to my bank's web site and erased the address and re-entered it; I did the same on my Delta profile. Same problem again.

I agree the web menu telling you what to do then is weak. It says to try again without telling you where to go on the website, or to call the general Delta number when you in fact need the web number to avoid the ticketing fee.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
DeltaWebDev:

Sorry, I may have posted this in the wrong forum earlier under "website improvements"...so I am posting again here in the correct forum:

See this thread and my response below:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...s-jfk-fll.html

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
Wow, this is messed up:

If you search LGA-FLL for Nov-6-8 weekend based on price you get $300 with all stopover in Atlanta...no direct option appears.

If you search LGA-FLL for Nov 6-8 weekend based on SCHEDULE you see all 3 non-stops and the price is $264!!!

Something is broken......makes you wann check the schedule box for every flight to make sure you are getting the cheapest rate huh?!?!?!

I just duplicated this search for June 12-14 and July 10-12 weekends and in both cases if you search by SCHEDULE you get a lower price then if you search by PRICE.! Also, searching by price failed to show any of the non-stop options.

This begs the question of how many other markets are affected where the lowest price you see searching by price isnt really the lowest price?!
Old Feb 19, 2009, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
In addition, if you do a search for November on the DL site, the NS NW coded flights do not appear. You have to go to the NW site to fnd the LGA-FLL NS service. Why are the flights being merged together when you are looking on DL's site?

If you don't fix this quickly the snowbirds in NY will start booking on AA & B6 for NS flights to FLL.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Is online check in down today? I keep getting an error message "System Unavailable", try again later. What's up? Thx!
Old Feb 23, 2009, 7:24 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
DL.com flight booking still shows NW625 as an Airbus 320 flying NS MSP-HNL! Since the 320 only has a range of 2350 miles, I assume DL is just trying to get rid of NW's non Boeing aircraft Seriously, when I call the Medallion hotline the agents can't even book seats on this flight even though they see it. Also, when building itineraries ex HNL NW624 never comes up as an option. Please note that ALL of the DL flights show up on NWA.com and can be booked. Any chance the decision to stay with legacy IT within DL might be reversed? Would sure make your job ultimately easier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.