Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by kmo171
Did my first reward booking in July for a trip I took last week. ATL-SLC-LAX-SYD all first F and BE on the way out, and then SYD-LAX-ATL all BE the way back. 195k Miles. I think it was decent minus the extra stop in SLC on the way out there. Really easy to book too, got all on the dates I wanted first try. I guess every once in a while you get lucky.
That's not a low award.

The more miles people use for awards, the less low miles awards there are.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
I've found flights on AF that should be low J per FB web site but not findable on DL.com

Is there still an issue with booking AF using skymiles?
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
I've found flights on AF that should be low J per FB web site but not findable on DL.com

Is there still an issue with booking AF using skymiles?
FlyingBlue inventory no longer reflects what AF makes available to partners. Check ExpertFlyer or FlightStats. O inventory there should be available on DL.dumb.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
ok thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
Booked 2 seats in BE/F for ATL - CDG - GVA (AF Codeshare on last leg) next July for 100K each...will pay for ticket to ATL from GSO home base since adding GSO to above jumped miles to 335K each. Other routings from GSO got me down to 260K. Always pays to check starting in gateway cities vice the outliers.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Are they still locking out AF inventory?

I just checked SFO-CDG for 6/22 and 6/29 and there was nothing showing.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Readynow
Booked 2 seats in BE/F for ATL - CDG - GVA (AF Codeshare on last leg) next July for 100K each...will pay for ticket to ATL from GSO home base since adding GSO to above jumped miles to 335K each. Other routings from GSO got me down to 260K. Always pays to check starting in gateway cities vice the outliers.
Welcome to FT! Since you're PM, it's worth checking regularly to see if/when they open the award space on GSO-ATL. If you find low eventually (coach or first), you can add it for no extra miles and no change fee.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 7:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Readynow
Welcome again! Definitely great advice, I did the same thing last year by getting mileage tickets out of IAD and making my own way from RDU to there. Always nice to know there's another FTer here from my neck of the woods!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 6:51 am

Thank you all, I finally got my 4 tickets booked for 8/2013

I managed to get 4 first/business class tickets with DL mileage:

8/3/2013
4 tickets = DTW(DL-F) - LAX(CZ-I) - CAN(CZ-I) - KUL

8/25/2013
2 tickets = KUL (CZ-I) - CAN (CZ-I) - LAX-(DL-F) - DTW
2 tickets = SIN (CZ-I) - CAN (CZ-I) - LAX-(DL-F) - DTW

Total miles required per person is 120,000 miles (DL)
Cost per person = $350 (YQ is $250)
I booked online (save $25 per person for book over the phone)
Few of the agents are very kind to do it, many are keep reminding me that will need to be ticketed right away, if she found the tickets.

Thanks for everyone's advise and helps.

I used WANDR.me search for the inventory, which is pretty accurate for CZ flight, and hope someone can utilize it, and DL agents may tell you no "I" ticket, but kindly ask the agent to search "Delta Term" inventory to reconfirm, if you do see it shows in Wandr.me

Last edited by coco11; Dec 3, 2012 at 10:52 am
Old Nov 25, 2012, 8:41 am
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Anyone have a current list of Skymiles partners that DL is charging YQ on?

thx.
ZH

Originally Posted by coco11
I managed to get 4 first/business class tickets with DL mileage:

8/3/2013
4 tickets = DTW(DL-F) - LAX(CZ-I) - CAN(CZ-I) - KUL

8/26/2013
2 tickets = KUL (CZ-I) - CAN (CZ-I) - LAX-(CL-F) - DTW
2 tickets = SIN (CZ-I) - CAN (CZ-I) - LAX-(CL-F) - DTW

Total miles required per person is 120,000 miles (DL)
Cost per person = $350 (YQ is $250)

Thanks for everyone's advise and helps.

I used WANDR.me search for the inventory, which is pretty accurate for CZ flight, and hope someone can utilize it, and DL agents may tell you no "I" ticket, but kindly ask the agent to search "Delta Term" inventory to reconfirm, if you do see it shows in Wandr.me
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by zh
Anyone have a current list of Skymiles partners that DL is charging YQ on?

thx.
ZH
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...les-award.html
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:59 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Nothing special, but I finally snagged low-level PDX-PRG-BOS in J next summer and feel pretty good about it, I've been watching the route religiously and a seat finally opened up. I had already booked the trip on a UA ticket which i changed to a spring trip for $35 (I like Prague).
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:45 am
Used to be highman123

There have been reports in this thread on mini-RTW with Delta. Is that still an option? Anyone done this recently?

I'm planning SFO-CDG-DXB OJ - JNB-CDG-SVO(stop)-ICN-SFO for 130k miles in J. It prices correctly with the return from SVO-LAX-SFO but should I try for the KE segments to come back home?

KE has a published fare SVO-SFO via ICN. So this could work with an agent, could it?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 1:27 am
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by wco81
Are they still locking out AF inventory?

I just checked SFO-CDG for 6/22 and 6/29 and there was nothing showing.
I booked in August CDG-SFO - plenty of availability - I booked for the whole family (4 of us) in J.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:21 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond; SPG Gold; MR Platinum :)
Got DCA-MSP-LHR-CDG-JNB-ATL-DCA in F/BE for 140K Next month. Staying over in LHR and JNB. Had to pay about $450 in taxes. Good find?

Finally will get to ride 380 in BE on the CDG to JNB leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.