Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller
The best bet for four J TPAC tickets is CZ's LAX-CAN on the A380. You're unlikely to find it on a KE flight and I don't think I've ever seen someone report four seats on one DL TPAC flight in J (at low mileage).
I called dl almost every other days no luck on cz as well. Wonder I should wait a bit. I do see 4 tickets in nov 2012 for low tier business, but nothing after that till sept 2013. I may have to split the tickets to 2 - 2 different flights or routes. Hope it helps to get the Low tier tickets.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by coco11
I called dl almost every other days no luck on cz as well. Wonder I should wait a bit. I do see 4 tickets in nov 2012 for low tier business, but nothing after that till sept 2013. I may have to split the tickets to 2 - 2 different flights or routes. Hope it helps to get the Low tier tickets.
For CZ seats use http://www.wandr.me/

It'll show you the number of seats on the dates you are looking for. Then play call agent roulette and keep going until you find someone who knows what they are doing. Give them exact flight numbers on the dates you want. Don't let them manage the call or they will likely do something not in your favor.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by llamagatekeeper
For CZ seats use http://www.wandr.me/

It'll show you the number of seats on the dates you are looking for. Then play call agent roulette and keep going until you find someone who knows what they are doing. Give them exact flight numbers on the dates you want. Don't let them manage the call or they will likely do something not in your favor.
That's the key, and even then some agents will say there's no inventory, which was particularly annoying before we had any idea about KE inventory. Doubly so when the agent could see it on ICN-AKL but then claimed no inventory LAX-ICN, even though the next agent I spoke to 10 minutes later saw LAX-ICN inventory, too.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller
That's the key, and even then some agents will say there's no inventory, which was particularly annoying before we had any idea about KE inventory. Doubly so when the agent could see it on ICN-AKL but then claimed no inventory LAX-ICN, even though the next agent I spoke to 10 minutes later saw LAX-ICN inventory, too.
Thanks so much, I was told many times that is no flight at all. I wonder dl agents don't even bother to Check for me since I need 4 tickets at low tiers.
Again, thank you so much for the source of searching.

Coco
Old Nov 2, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Delta DM
AF ATL to CDG
AF CDG to LIS
AF LIS to CDG
AF CDG to MAD
DL MAD to ATL
3 week trip all in Business O
100,000 total x 2

Last edited by newfie; Nov 2, 2012 at 8:30 pm
Old Nov 4, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
I booked two tickets for a weekend later this month:

LAX-SLC-EWR (dest.)
EWR-MSP-LAX (three-week "stopover")
LAX-SLC (open-jaw)

25K miles + $12.50/ticket

Adding on the basically free one-way for a quick ski trip weekend in December was a no-brainer.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:23 pm

Just booked the following for fall 2013 100k and $166 in business:

SLC-DTW-CDG-OTP
(open jaw)
NCE-AMS(stopover)-CDG-IAH-SLC

(OT: Then I booked OTP-VIE and VIE-NCE one-ways in coach on AB/NIKI with 4,700 Citi TY points each.)

AMS-CDG is the only one that shows Coupon Status: N-KL, all of the other segments show OPEN. I wonder what that means. When I looked earlier only the DL flights were OPEN.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by trek87
I booked two tickets for a weekend later this month:

LAX-SLC-EWR (dest.)
EWR-MSP-LAX (three-week "stopover")
LAX-SLC (open-jaw)

25K miles + $12.50/ticket

Adding on the basically free one-way for a quick ski trip weekend in December was a no-brainer.
Wow, I had no idea DL allows one stopover and one open-jaw even on domestic itineraries.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Pretty plain vanilla, but still a good value considering this ticket prices at $563.00 currently:

TUL-SLC-LAX (stopover)
LAX-SFO (destination / OJ)
SAN-SLC-TUL

25,000 x 1 (non-medallion availability)
Old Nov 6, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
EWR - FCO
6/1 - 6/8 AZ Business

100k P/P

$44/pp taxes

Last edited by LynchMob; Nov 6, 2012 at 8:01 pm
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:53 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by LynchMob
EWR - FCO
6/1 - 6/8 AZ Business

$44/pp taxes
Congrats!

I have 2 questions please. How many miles did it take? 100K for a RT ticket?

And did you have to ask for a "long sell" or did the agent find AZ availability without prodding?

TIA.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Looked up availability on Expert Flyer. Called medallion line and gave the flight #'s. Was put on hold for a few minutes while she confirmed flights. Total time 10 min
Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL GM
6/6-6/16 JFK-NRT-HKG (roundtrip) in biz class (O) for 120,000 Skypesos (low level) and $111 in taxes.

Tried to get additional stops in Southeast Asia (BKK, SGN, SIN) but no direct flights from HKG for DL. Agent was trying to use partner, but no low level awards. She suggested I call back later as I get free award changes as PM.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Selendia
6/6-6/16 JFK-NRT-HKG (roundtrip) in biz class (O) for 120,000 Skypesos (low level) and $111 in taxes.

Tried to get additional stops in Southeast Asia (BKK, SGN, SIN) but no direct flights from HKG for DL. Agent was trying to use partner, but no low level awards. She suggested I call back later as I get free award changes as PM.
Getting HKG-SGN-NRT on VN should not be a problem. You can use the Wandering Aramean tools to check their award inventory.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: A few
Ok this on is a bit left-field but one I consider a success. 60k miles for one week rental of a Suburban in SLC in January. Best cash rate I could find was $1258 all in making this a > 2cpm redemption. This is actually on top of scoring 4 25k level coach tickets roundtrip from RDU to SLC. 160k miles for family of four to go to SLC and hire a car big enough to lug us and all the ski gear works for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.