Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

Each.
Oh, I guess you mean two people. I should have known that. I thought you were talking about combining two tickets to do the routing for one person.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:38 pm

MCO-MSP-LHR-OTP
OTP - MUC (Stop Over)
MUC-ATL-MCO

All J, Delta / Tarom. 100k miles, two tickets. Taxes came in a bit high at $238 each. Not bad however as this will be a fantastic trip . Both hops across the pond as of now on the 764.
Please let us know what kind of business seats on Tarom LHR-OTP and OTP-MUC, if regular intra-European fare with blocked middle seat or different.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by michael_v
Please let us know what kind of business seats on Tarom LHR-OTP and OTP-MUC, if regular intra-European fare with blocked middle seat or different.
I have flown LHR-OTP a few times in J and also CDG-OTP. RO has true F seats for the most part (if not all AC) unlike AF and KL for intra-EU flights. 2X2 as with DL F. Hoping to find the same going into MUC.

http://www.seatmaestro.com/airplanes...300-118-1.html
Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:52 pm

I have flown LHR-OTP a few times in J and also CDG-OTP. RO has true F seats for the most part (if not all AC) unlike AF and KL for intra-EU flights. 2X2 as with DL F. Hoping to find the same going into MUC.

http://www.seatmaestro.com/airplanes...300-118-1.html
I just flew RO OTP-CDG on a new A318 and it had the blocked middle seat business configuration. That is why I asked. Perhaps the 737s are older. I guess RO is like red wine, the older, the better.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:55 pm

I just flew RO OTP-CDG on a new A318 and it had the blocked middle seat business configuration. That is why I asked. Perhaps the 737s are older. I guess RO is like red wine, the older, the better.
Interesting, I was under the impression they were 2x2 across the board, which is why I typically choose them over AF/KL. Will certainly report back.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 9:01 pm

MCO-MSP-LHR-OTP
OTP - MUC (Stop Over)
MUC-ATL-MCO

All J, Delta / Tarom. 100k miles, two tickets. Taxes came in a bit high at $238 each. Not bad however as this will be a fantastic trip . Both hops across the pond as of now on the 764.
One more question regarding taxes coming a bit high. On your taxes breakdown (Trip Details page, click on Details next to your ticket #), is there any YQ?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:22 pm

One more question regarding taxes coming a bit high. On your taxes breakdown (Trip Details page, click on Details next to your ticket #), is there any YQ?
There is.

Total: 238.90
Itemized: 7.50 AY 5.00 XA 7.00 XY 5.50 YC 31.20 UB 9.10 DC 18.30 RO 6.90 DE 54.50 OY 25.40 RA 68.50 YQ
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:51 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Booked two award tickets with Skyteam partners:

Delta Skymiles:
SEA-(DL)-NRT-(DL)-SIN (open jaw) MLE-(CZ)-CAN-(CZ)-NRT-(DL)-SEA all in Business for 120K miles and $233 in taxes (revenue ticket costs amazing $13,985 based on ITA). I preferred MLE-(MH)-KUL-(MH)-NRT-(MH)-LAX-(AS)-SEA return, but taxes end up being above $500 this way due to MH charges. Based on earlier info in this thread I know that MLE-CAN flight is not reliable/gets cancelled frequently, but I hope Delta would help switching to MH without surcharges if that happens instead of reaccommodating on next day flights. Need to buy SIN-MLE one way (either via SQ or UL)

OK Plus (Czech Airlines):
JFK-(EY)-AUH-(EY)-MLE-(EY)-AUH-(EY)-JFK in Business for 100K miles and about $100 ($10,482 for a revenue ticket according to ITA). Need to buy SEA-JFK-SEA as a revenue ticket as redeeming on domestic DL is close to impossible for Skyteam partners or use DL miles at medium or high.

Last edited by VladQ; Oct 3, 2012 at 2:03 am
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by VladQ
Need to buy SEA-JFK-SEA as a revenue ticket as redeeming on domestic DL is close to impossible for Skyteam partners or use DL miles at medium or high.
If you have Citi thank you points, try that for SEA-JFK-SEA if Economy is ok.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:27 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
If you have Citi thank you points, try that for SEA-JFK-SEA if Economy is ok.
Unfortunately, I don't carry any Citi cards. Used to have some of those Thank you points from Expedia a while ago, but they switched to a different reward program, so I had to spend them. I guess I am okay with a revenue ticket unless Business eventually opens up in low (hoping AF/KL will eventually push DL to open up low awards at least for partners). The good thing is that apparently Czech Airlines (unlike Delta) allows free changes to award tickets even for non-elites.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
MSP-EWR Y
JFK-FCO C

50K for each ticket I will keep trying to change to JFK. Thanks to the KVStool
Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:52 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Hawaii for Christmas

No availability in AA, AS, UA, US for anything other than Standard = 150k-160k
try Xmas vacation time in Dec; WAS-KOA
DL came through with 4 Medium awards = 135 k each + changeable for free and cancelable as well.
Now to wait for the LOW to be released
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I was looking for this thread... made a big score a couple of weeks ago:

SLC-ATL-ROC (redeye out)
ROC-ATL-MEM-SLC

This is happening at the end of this month. All flights in Y (exit rows for now x5, hopefully EC is still available day of travel); 25,000 + $10 all in

This particular itinerary would have cost around $500 if not more... I'm not so thrilled with the double layovers and 6am departure on the return but that's all that was left. Still though I'm pleased.

-J.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: United Premiere 1K, SW Companion, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime, Hertz Presidents Circle
Just booked Houston to Rome - IAH to FCO for 2 weeks from now. 60K + 35. taxes each...great flights. WOW there is a lot that opens up last minute if you wait...had my pick. Could easily have done business but decided to save the miles this time round.
Searched for the last few months and was really unhappy with options available.(I am united plat)
May have to take my chances regularly going forward! :-)

BTW I have been meaning to ask -years ago we snagged several trips as reduced mileage awards - for ex we got to Brazil when Continental first started that route for 35K round trip...also went to Europe on a web fare of 199. round trip + taxes twice - Amsterdam once and Rome another time. I haven't seen ANYTHING like this recently...do things like this still happen or are they just a really good memory? If they do still happen how does one find out about them?? I am definitely not signed up where I need to be!
Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:23 am

I will have around 250K miles by end of the year, and wanted to get 3 tickets, from ORD-NRT-HKG-SIN in some combination, I can drop one of the destination SIN or HKG if needed but I really want to visit Tokyo and Hong Kong, and want to get 3 tickets, with 1 week at each desitnation, economy for around minimum required miles which I believe is 70k.

Can someone help me with this itinerary?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.