Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jphripjah
I'm surprised the fees are that low going through LHR...
Going through LHR isn't a problem. It's originating in (or returning from, or a stopover in) the UK that brings Air Passenger Duty into play, a charge that is in part distance-based.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:50 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by seychellesbound
Originally Posted by highman123
Congrats well done!

Passport escape is the way to go in the Maldives.

I think AA allows EY one-way redemptions sez-Mel if you want to preserve cash for the Maldives.

How did you book the NBO-SEZ segment - I have 5 agents now refusing to see KQ 450 at all after Oct 2012 ;(

Also I could not get Delta agents to find KLM segments that showed available as classic on airfrance.us to see as such. Any tricks you can share?
I used AF.com to find classic availability. The key is to find space on KQ LHR-NBO not KL AMS-NBO. The first DL agent I tried couldn't find space either......be persistent.
Yep lhr-nbo is available pretty well but no nbo-sez. Any ideas beyond calling 6x times? Again they could not find the classic avai. For any of the dates I tried there.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Going through LHR isn't a problem. It's originating in (or returning from, or a stopover in) the UK that brings Air Passenger Duty into play, a charge that is in part distance-based.
Aah, Ok. I didn't know that. Thanks. But I remember that about a year ago I wanted to add a short KQ flight (Dakar to Abidjan) to a Delta award itinerary and it would have added about $200 in fees just in fuel surcharges. I ended up not adding it. So I'm surprised the fees are as low as they are.

I booked an award two months ago from North America to Africa on Delta and AF without any KQ flights and the fees were $213.

So maybe they just didn't charge the fuel surcharges on this KQ flight to SEZ for some reason.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:30 am

Aah, Ok. I didn't know that. Thanks. But I remember that about a year ago I wanted to add a short KQ flight (Dakar to Abidjan) to a Delta award itinerary and it would have added about $200 in fees just in fuel surcharges. I ended up not adding it. So I'm surprised the fees are as low as they are.

I booked an award two months ago from North America to Africa on Delta and AF without any KQ flights and the fees were $213.

So maybe they just didn't charge the fuel surcharges on this KQ flight to SEZ for some reason.
But OP also has segment(s) on OK where DL used to/should charge YQ: (OK) AUH-PRGx (stopover)-AMS

So perhaps DL doesn't charge any more YQ, period? That would be too good to be true.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by michael_v
But OP also has segment(s) on OK where DL used to/should charge YQ: (OK) AUH-PRGx (stopover)-AMS

So perhaps DL doesn't charge any more YQ, period? That would be too good to be true.
It seems totally random which routes and flights are having YQ/YR collected right now. Some are still reporting it on CZ, but it's less consistently collected than it used to be.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
2 1/2 solid years on FT and finally living up to the handle...

Honeymoon: April/May 2013

Coach: (DL) DTW-LHR (9 hour layover)

Business Class: (KQ) LHR-NBO-SEZx

Business Class: (OK) AUH-PRGx (stopover)-AMS-DTW

Cost: 120,000 SkyMiles + $218.50 USD pp

In between I'm buying a one-way SEZ-DXB (23 hour layover)-MLEx coach seat on EK for $600 USD.

Converting 200K Club Carlson points for a MLE-AUH coach award on EY.

Accommodations
:

4 nights @ Hilton Seychelles - Northolme = 145,000 HHonors

4 nights @ Hilton Seychelles - Labriz = 145,000 HHonors

1 night @ Grand Hyatt Dubai = Chase Hyatt anniversary FREE night

5 nights @ Park Hyatt Maldives = 145,000 Hyatt points (Passport Escape- includes 3 dinners for 2)

PRG is TBD....

Thank you to all FT veterans for educating me!
Great work, grasshopper! ^

We've already taken our 'official' honeymoon (last Nov) but I'm still working on planning our 'true' honeymoon - a few weeks in Australia / New Zealand / Fiji-Tahiti. Hopefully that'll happen sometime next summer...
Old Sep 28, 2012, 8:43 am

Confirmed KE flight with no YQ still.

ATL-ICN-TAO --- TAO-ICN-ATL

70k miles and $60 in taxes/fees...Looks like no YQ on KE is still holding strong.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 3:40 pm

LAX-CAN-BKK on China Southern Business on their new A380 from LAX to CAN in March

BKK-ICN-LAX on Korean Airlines Business on A380 from ICN to LAX

120k Skypesos and $227.40 in "fees". I could have flown roundtrip on KE for only $89 in "fees" but opted to pay a little more to check out CZ's business on the A380.

This is my first post and want to thank Flyer Talk for all the helpful information!!!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Are KE and CZ flights shown on delta.com award searches?

Or do you have to call in?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by wco81
Are KE and CZ flights shown on delta.com award searches?

Or do you have to call in?
Phone only.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
BOS-JFK-ZRH-JFK-BOS June 2013. 100k + $69 hope to see a refurbished 763
Old Sep 28, 2012, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by DLATL777
Phone only.
Correct. Also, check EF for routes on the specific days you want as KE often alternates days for when it flies. It helps to give the agents the exact flight numbers etc. for what you want to book. That way they can just enter it in and request it. Always say long sell up front...it helps weed out the newbie agents.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
MCO-MSP-LHR-OTP
OTP - MUC (Stop Over)
MUC-ATL-MCO

All J, Delta / Tarom. 100k miles, two tickets. Taxes came in a bit high at $238 each. Not bad however as this will be a fantastic trip . Both hops across the pond as of now on the 764.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
MCO-MSP-LHR-OTP
OTP - MUC (Stop Over)
MUC-ATL-MCO

All J, Delta / Tarom. 100k miles, two tickets. Taxes came in a bit high at $238 each. Not bad however as this will be a fantastic trip . Both hops across the pond as of now on the 764.

Can you explain how it's two tickets, and is it 100k per ticket or 100k for both?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by Denolloyd
MCO-MSP-LHR-OTP
OTP - MUC (Stop Over)
MUC-ATL-MCO

Can you explain how it's two tickets, and is it 100k per ticket or 100k for both?
Each.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.