Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by highman123
There have been reports in this thread on mini-RTW with Delta. Is that still an option? Anyone done this recently?

I'm planning SFO-CDG-DXB OJ - JNB-CDG-SVO(stop)-ICN-SFO for 130k miles in J. It prices correctly with the return from SVO-LAX-SFO but should I try for the KE segments to come back home?

KE has a published fare SVO-SFO via ICN. So this could work with an agent, could it?
If you're returning from JNB, you need a fare from JNB to SFO routed via ICN. The stopover in SVO is only relevant from the point of view that SVO needs to be on a published routing for that fare to stop there. Pretty much can guarantee that you won't get this booked.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:53 am

delete
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: DL DM
After a lot of researching with EF and KVS, I finally got our big trip for 2013 booked. Had a great agent at the GM line this morning who was able to get this all squared away and issued very quickly at 120k per passenger.

JFK-KIX-TPE-HKG - CI Business
HKG-HAN-RGN - VN Business (HKG-HAN) and Economy (HAN-RGN)
RGN-ICN-KIX - KE Business
KIX-JFK - CI Business

The big downside was the fuel surcharge on CI. Paid about $276 in YQ, but well worth it considering that KE was not available TPAC and DL wanted either 220k or 340k depending on the flights.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PP and LT PL, National Executive Elite
Got award tickets for my wife and I last week CMH to DAB leaving 12/21 returning Christmas day, 25K each...most likely because flying on Christmas Day.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:09 am

Just booked two Business Class tickets for next September/October. DTW -> CDG -> JNB -> CDG -> DTW using Air France on all segments. 140,000 miles per person plus $168. It will be our 20th trip to Africa using miles - always in Business. At first it was using WorldPerks and Northwest/KLM flights to AMS and then KLM to Africa, now its using SkyMiles and Air France (but rarely KLM or Delta) flights.

We are both PE, so if the ATL - JNB flight opens for BE at the "low" level we will switch. I doubt, though, that will happen. Oh well, the AF A380 from CDG to JNB really isn't too bad. Not as nice as Delta's 777 from ATL, but not toooo bad.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by monsrt
Finally will get to ride 380 in BE on the CDG to JNB leg.
Extraordinarily overrated J seat, it leaves a lot to be desired IMO. The A380 is one of my least favorite business classes with AF.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: Former PM now a kettle :(
Just booked 2 biz tickets LAX-CAN-BKK for next month on CZ. 120K and $369 YQ/taxes each.

Took 2 calls. 1st call was about an hour and the agent came back at 180k each so I passed. Called back last night and got an excellent agent from Tampa. Still took about an hour but she got it done.

Thanks to everyone that contributes to this site!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:35 pm

Booked two tickets LAX-NRT-KUL returning SIN-KUL-NRT-LAX for next September on MH in J.

240K skymiles and $1575 in taxes/fees (Killer MH YQ). It takes them a while to get MH to confirm the availability. About 35 minutes on the phone in total.

For anyone else looking to book MH J awards, expertflyer sees the same award inventory DL agents can see. Specify the I fare bucket.

Last edited by tc_jedi; Dec 3, 2012 at 8:47 pm
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by tc_jedi
Booked two tickets LAX-NRT-KUL returning SIN-KUL-NRT-LAX for next September on MH in J.

240K skymiles and $1575 in taxes/fees (Killer MH YQ). It takes them a while to get MH to confirm the availability. About 35 minutes on the phone in total.

For anyone else looking to book MH J awards, expertflyer sees the same award inventory DL agents can see. Specify the I fare bucket.
holy YQ batman!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:01 pm

I had hold the same route for august 13 but with china southern, I was thinking to get mh, but due to high tax and number of tickets need, mh only confirmed two of mine tickets (4 needed).

With cz, lax to can to kul, sin to can to lax with 120k miles and 350 tax per person.

Go to wandr.me to search cz china southern inverntory. No sure you are pm or dm , otherwise, u are free to change flight in 24 hrs after booking. After that, 150 $ change fees.
Fyi, Lax to can is new a380 flight.

Hope this info helps.. may save you $$$ in taxes.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by coco11
I had hold the same route for august 13 but with china southern, I was thinking to get mh, but due to high tax and number of tickets need, mh only confirmed two of mine tickets (4 needed).

With cz, lax to can to kul, sin to can to lax with 120k miles and 350 tax per person.

Go to wandr.me to search cz china southern inverntory. No sure you are pm or dm , otherwise, u are free to change flight in 24 hrs after booking. After that, 150 $ change fees.
Fyi, Lax to can is new a380 flight.

Hope this info helps.. may save you $$$ in taxes.
I thought about CZ but I don't like the layout of their J on the A380 since they don't have adjoining seats next to the window. I've also flown CZ in the past and I wasn't too impressed.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:17 pm

I thought about CZ but I don't like the layout of their J on the A380 since they don't have adjoining seats next to the window. I've also flown CZ in the past and I wasn't too impressed.
enjoy your trip.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by coco11
enjoy your trip.
Thanks! You too!
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Originally Posted by monsrt
Got DCA-MSP-LHR-CDG-JNB-ATL-DCA in F/BE for 140K Next month. Staying over in LHR and JNB. Had to pay about $450 in taxes. Good find?

Finally will get to ride 380 in BE on the CDG to JNB leg.
Looks great to me. Remember we are talking about Delta miles here
Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:59 am

2 tickets FLL-LAX-CAN-MNL RT in Business on CZ for 120,000 miles (7 weeks out) $330 taxes each. Delta wanted 220,000 minimum but only $60 in taxes. FLL-LAX is in coach at the moment as no low availability in first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.