Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

PLEASE READ FIRST: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Anything To Do With Delta

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PLEASE READ FIRST: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Anything To Do With Delta

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2004, 11:23 am
In Memoriam

what about adding the international upgrade, day of departure thread?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352958

and CRC Locations

http://www.delta.com/prog_serv/crown...ions/index.jsp

and CRC Costs

http://www.delta.com/prog_serv/crown...roll/index.jsp

Last edited by underpressure; Nov 4, 2004 at 11:26 am
Old Nov 5, 2004, 9:09 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

I have one controversial suggestion:

There are many smaller threads (which could possibly be defined as fewer than 10 mileposts, give or take a few) which deal with a similar subject that do not overlap each other in terms of chronology. What are your thoughts pertaining to merging similar smaller threads (such as “Have XX,XXX SkyMiles — What To Do With Them?” or threads that discuss the fate of MD-11 or 777 aircraft) into one larger thread, to be linked from this thread, so that the information and advice appears in one place?

Please be objective about answering this question. No, I do not plan to “sanitize” the entire Delta forum. I am merely seeking a way to get as much information as quickly accessible as possible.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jan 3, 2005 at 12:02 pm
Old Nov 6, 2004, 5:59 am

Programs: DL Gold, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz Gold Pres Circle, AMEX Plat
IMO, combining threads is an excellent idea. I often observe the same question posted again and again, only to have to answer it with a reference to an earlier thread (for example, the numerous threads on traveling between the U.S. and South Africa - which airlines, seat availability, best flights). I support the idea. I provides a great handy reference tool. Hopefully, first timers and experienced users will use it.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 7:08 pm

QHK vs LUT

I am sorry if this has been covered on other threads, but I couldn't seem to find it.

My question is..

I am a GM. Do I still need to get QHK fare for upgrades, or would my chance of upgrade is the same as holding a LUT fare?

If I buy a LUT fare, would an SM be upgraded first if they have a QHK tix? What comes first, status or fare class?
Old Dec 29, 2004, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I am a GM. Do I still need to get QHK fare for upgrades, or would my chance of upgrade is the same as holding a LUT fare?

If I buy a LUT fare, would an SM be upgraded first if they have a QHK tix? What comes first, status or fare class?
One reason why your question was not immediately answered, broadwayboy, is because, due to the changes in the SkyMiles program recently announced, other FlyerTalk members are still trying to sort out the answers through questions similar to yours in the SKYMILES CHANGES Q&A thread.

If you simply want to read the responses to those questions offered by an official of Delta Air Lines, please read the Summary Thread - Responses From The Official Skymiles Helper On Our Questions. thread.

---------------------------------

This thread, as well as a number of threads linked to it, have undergone a thorough modification — but by no means is the job complete.

Please continue submitting your suggestions, comments, corrections, ideas and constructive criticisms regarding this massive project to me via private message or e-mail — or, if absolutely necessary, by posting in this thread.

Please do not use this thread to ask questions. Instead, please use the following protocol in seeking the answers to questions:
  1. First, see if your answer can be found in this thread or within the threads linked from this thread. If not:
  2. Perform a search for a thread that may already exist on FlyerTalk regarding the inquiry using the Search feature within the Delta forum or the Search feature throughout FlyerTalk. If this does not help:
  3. Post a new thread with your question.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Compensation

Compensation: Mechanical Problems and Issues

Compensation: Luggage and Baggage Problems and Issues

Compensation: Delayed Flights

Compensation: Flight Cancellations

Compensation: General Issues

Compensation: “Bumps” — Voluntary and Involuntary Denied Boarding

Will I End Up Being “Bumped”? Strategies, Advice and Compensation — Refer to this thread to see how you can get “bumped” — and compansated as a result — on a future Delta Air Lines flight...

Overbooked Volunteers....Beware! — Can anyone vouch that this thread is a must-read in understanding the rules pertaining to various vouchers issued by Delta Air Lines?

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 30, 2006 at 9:47 pm
Old Feb 23, 2005, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Information Pertaining to the Now-Defunct Delta Air Lines Frequent Flyer Program

Miles from the old Delta Air Lines Frequent Flyer Program can be quite valuable, as they never expire (unlike SkyMiles) and can be redeemed towards special reward tickets and upgrades under the original terms and conditions.

The Delta Flyers’ Guide: Old Frequent Flyer Miles Award Chart — This is a chart that lists the awards to which old Delta Air Lines Frequent Flyer miles have been — and may still be — applied! SkyMiles Medallion members, please be sure to review the special section of redemption options of your old Frequent Flyer miles that are available only to current Medallion members. Thanks to FlyerTalk member GG (and LexPassenger?) for providing this invaluable resource.

Last edited by Canarsie; Feb 23, 2005 at 9:52 pm
Old Feb 1, 2009, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Minimum Connection Transfer Times

Are you concerned about the time you have connecting to your next flight and it involves Delta Air Lines? Your answer may be found in the following threads:

Last edited by Canarsie; Feb 19, 2012 at 12:14 pm
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Interact Directly with www.delta.com Personnel DeltaWebDev and DeltaWebGuy

This is the place to list, comment, question, opine and report about anything and everything that has to do with www.delta.com from the source: DeltaWebDev and DeltaWebGuy.

Participate and contribute to help www.delta.com continuously improve!
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Interact Directly with Jeff Robertson, Otherwise Known as RealDLInsider

This is your opportunity to interact with Jeff Robertson, Vice President — Loyalty Programs at Delta Air Lines, who is also known as RealDLInsider on FlyerTalk.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 28, 2009 at 11:27 am
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Interact Directly with Frank Wrenn, Otherwise Known as DeltaCustomerInsights

Old Jul 21, 2009, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Interact Directly with Kevin Pinto, Otherwise Known as Kevin_SkyMiles Promotions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.