Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1024 Update : Starting Now

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2009, 4:30 am
Original Poster

1024 Update : Starting Now

So we've officially started the move to the production you all see with 1024. we have to put the code across the first set of servers, validate it, then swap it with the other set of servers.

so here goes nothing. oh and yes there ARE defects. sorry.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 4:59 am

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Does this mean we can view the site in 1,000,080DP?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 5:42 am
Original Poster

LOL!

soon my young Padowan. soon. right now we are debugging issues related to files not making it to specific servers. the more complicated the system the more likely for failures. unfortunately y'all pound the servers heavily enough the we can't have just one.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 5:51 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by DeltaWebDev
Unfortunately y'all pound the servers heavily enough the we can't have just one.
Wow, so DL bought another server to help out the duct-taped Emachines 386 you have been using? Times must be good.

Seriously, good luck on the updates. I'm sure you'll hear soon enough about any bugs......
Old Jul 14, 2009, 5:55 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
LOL!

soon my young Padowan. soon. right now we are debugging issues related to files not making it to specific servers. the more complicated the system the more likely for failures. unfortunately y'all pound the servers heavily enough the we can't have just one.
Perhaps FTers should have their own set of servers, which you could use as a sort of prod-qa tier. Once we've tested a release, it's probably good enough for the general population
Old Jul 14, 2009, 6:44 am
Original Poster

DLdweeb and bennos : do you REALLY want to know how many servers we have? honestly i don't think anyone can come close to guessing.

anyways y'all should be seeing it now.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:00 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM; SPG PLAT/Ambassador
Looks good...
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:01 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
DLdweeb and bennos : do you REALLY want to know how many servers we have? honestly i don't think anyone can come close to guessing.

2500?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Spiff
2500?
More likely 2525.

In the year 2525 if man is still alive
If woman can survive they may find
An award flight to Paris in the Spring
for 50,000 miles, with a free upgrade.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:22 am

Programs: DL PM Reserve
so far.....looks like horse shi......
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:28 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, US Dirt, Hertz PC
not really sure I like the new look over the old one, but it does seem to me that things are loading quicker...did you guys do some performance tuning or did the large fonts give me some kind of placebo effect?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:30 am

Programs: UA Plat, DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
You have mentioned many times on here the 1024 update like we are all supposed to understand what it is. A simple explanation would be appreciated.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:31 am

Delta - sounds like you should be consolidated to a few platforms running at different data centers throughout the world then.

Why run a ton of intel boxes when you could be running a few, large/powerful/scalable boxes? Good grief, just the OS patch management alone would be a nightmare.

Sounds like the 90's Client/Server hardware model is staying around longer than it should. (Not knocking you all as I know that it is tough to get back out of that trap with all the hardware already there) but man you guys need to look at running your web business on IBM Power or Z, or a Sun system. Something. Even if you have different environments (test/acceptance/etc) you could run them all in partitions on the same hardware. Would save you a ton(!) of grief. Trust me, I've been there.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:47 am

Looks good to me.

I can imagine how many server you must be running, at one point I was responsible for a fairly small server farm and that was almost 60 servers.

Dan
Old Jul 14, 2009, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by td777
so far.....looks like horse shi......
If you have it set to open without flash (my preferred operation of the old site), it is, indeed, bad in IE8.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.