FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   1024 Update : Starting Now (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/974917-1024-update-starting-now.html)

DeltaWebDev Jul 14, 2009 4:30 am

1024 Update : Starting Now

So we've officially started the move to the production you all see with 1024. we have to put the code across the first set of servers, validate it, then swap it with the other set of servers.

so here goes nothing. oh and yes there ARE defects. sorry.

UNHBuzzard Jul 14, 2009 4:59 am

Does this mean we can view the site in 1,000,080DP?

DeltaWebDev Jul 14, 2009 5:42 am

LOL!

soon my young Padowan. soon. right now we are debugging issues related to files not making it to specific servers. the more complicated the system the more likely for failures. unfortunately y'all pound the servers heavily enough the we can't have just one.

DLdweeb Jul 14, 2009 5:51 am

Originally Posted by DeltaWebDev (Post 12062998)
Unfortunately y'all pound the servers heavily enough the we can't have just one.

Wow, so DL bought another server to help out the duct-taped Emachines 386 you have been using? Times must be good.

Seriously, good luck on the updates. I'm sure you'll hear soon enough about any bugs......

bennos Jul 14, 2009 5:55 am

Originally Posted by DeltaWebDev (Post 12062998)
LOL!

soon my young Padowan. soon. right now we are debugging issues related to files not making it to specific servers. the more complicated the system the more likely for failures. unfortunately y'all pound the servers heavily enough the we can't have just one.

Perhaps FTers should have their own set of servers, which you could use as a sort of prod-qa tier. Once we've tested a release, it's probably good enough for the general population :)

DeltaWebDev Jul 14, 2009 6:44 am

DLdweeb and bennos : do you REALLY want to know how many servers we have? honestly i don't think anyone can come close to guessing.

anyways y'all should be seeing it now.

zedthedeadpoet Jul 14, 2009 7:00 am

Looks good...

Spiff Jul 14, 2009 7:01 am

Originally Posted by DeltaWebDev (Post 12063170)
DLdweeb and bennos : do you REALLY want to know how many servers we have? honestly i don't think anyone can come close to guessing.

2500?

Gargoyle Jul 14, 2009 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 12063253)
2500?

More likely 2525.

In the year 2525 if man is still alive
If woman can survive they may find
An award flight to Paris in the Spring
for 50,000 miles, with a free upgrade.

ATL787 Jul 14, 2009 7:22 am

so far.....looks like horse shi......

l1fe Jul 14, 2009 7:28 am

not really sure I like the new look over the old one, but it does seem to me that things are loading quicker...did you guys do some performance tuning or did the large fonts give me some kind of placebo effect?

res1968 Jul 14, 2009 7:30 am

You have mentioned many times on here the 1024 update like we are all supposed to understand what it is. A simple explanation would be appreciated.

Seminole_Kev Jul 14, 2009 7:31 am

Originally Posted by DeltaWebDev (Post 12063170)

Delta - sounds like you should be consolidated to a few platforms running at different data centers throughout the world then.

Why run a ton of intel boxes when you could be running a few, large/powerful/scalable boxes? Good grief, just the OS patch management alone would be a nightmare.

Sounds like the 90's Client/Server hardware model is staying around longer than it should. (Not knocking you all as I know that it is tough to get back out of that trap with all the hardware already there) but man you guys need to look at running your web business on IBM Power or Z, or a Sun system. Something. Even if you have different environments (test/acceptance/etc) you could run them all in partitions on the same hardware. Would save you a ton(!) of grief. Trust me, I've been there.

dan1431 Jul 14, 2009 7:47 am

Looks good to me.

I can imagine how many server you must be running, at one point I was responsible for a fairly small server farm and that was almost 60 servers.

Dan

3Cforme Jul 14, 2009 7:51 am

Originally Posted by td777 (Post 12063345)
so far.....looks like horse shi......

If you have it set to open without flash (my preferred operation of the old site), it is, indeed, bad in IE8.