Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What brands do you wish offered SkyMiles?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2008, 3:58 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

What brands do you wish offered SkyMiles?

My colleague Mike just posted a thread on the Delta blog today (http://blog.delta.com/2008/01/17/have-any-great-ideas/) asking "What brands do you wish offered SkyMiles?"

I thought that would be a good discussion for FlyerTalk as well. What brands would you like to see as SkyMiles partners? You can be as general as a new category that we don’t offer or as specific as your favorite brand.

Appreciate the feedback!

Frank
Old Jan 17, 2008, 4:07 pm

Programs: ex-DL FO, what a pedigree
I'd love to see a SkyMiles/Amazon link. Also extending dining partners into central Oregon. More Costco tie-ins would be good as well.
Thanks for wondering!
Old Jan 17, 2008, 4:08 pm
coz

Programs: DL GM
I wouldn't mind changing where I buy my gas if one provider offered miles that the other didn't.

Also, how about some retail locations--specifically an electronics store?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Grocery stores, like UA did/does with Safeway
Old Jan 17, 2008, 4:15 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HH, CRC
Honestly, I make most of my purchases based on skymiles. If I can get it from a retailer that offers me at least 1 mile per dollar, I will.

So to me, any additions would be welcome in my opinion.

If a retailer really wanted to make money, offer 1MQM per purchase. I know, devaluation of SM.. But imagine all of us on FT responding to a 1mqm/$ deal. I'd certainly participate.

As far as specific brands, I'd like a Sams/Costco deal, I like the idea of the amazon.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 4:36 pm

Costco, being AMEX only should offer double skymiles for purchases. And how come there are no double miles for gas purchased at Costco?

Skymiles should partner up with major online retailers: Buy.com, Amazon.com, etc.

Also would be nice to earn Skymiles while we are thinking travel, ie. in the airports (ie. airport restaurants, HMS, bookstores, airport retailers)
Old Jan 17, 2008, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
How about this for an idea... give out LESS miles?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:00 pm
coz

I'll agree with the Amazon. That pretty much covers anything I need to buy as a consumer.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:02 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Apple
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by obscure2k
Apple
already there, if you go the the skymall thing.

CHeck this out
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I also agree with things like Amazon. BUT, would they gain any business by it? Remember, SkyMiles cost money. And they have to drive more people there to offset it...especially to offset those that would purchase from Amazon anyway.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:19 pm
coz

Originally Posted by indufan
I also agree with things like Amazon. BUT, would they gain any business by it? Remember, SkyMiles cost money. And they have to drive more people there to offset it...especially to offset those that would purchase from Amazon anyway.
It would work for me. I usually buy from a brick and mortar because I dont want to wait. Throw in some miles, and I'll wait a few days to get it in the mail!
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA/DL/NW/HiltonHonors Gold
Barcelo Hotel chain. A lot of good all-inclusive hotels in the Caribbean and a lot of hotels in Europe especially in Spain. They already partner with SkyTeam members Czech/Aeromexico and Continental.

http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotels...ograms/default
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by PrineSwine
I'd love to see a SkyMiles/Amazon link. Also extending dining partners into central Oregon. More Costco tie-ins would be good as well.
Thanks for wondering!
i would love to see a Amazon link too but I have never seen it anywhere. I heard Amazon doesn't allow associate websites to share the referral bonus with customers.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:32 pm
BHB

Programs: DL PM/SC, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by PrineSwine
I'd love to see a SkyMiles/Amazon link.
This would be amazing, as we shop at Amazon for just about everything save for groceries (we use genuardis.com, a safeway brand, for that).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.