Wiki Posts
Search

2009 : Delta.com Feature Requests

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:34 am
Original Poster

2009 : Delta.com Feature Requests

Feature Requests:
  1. Targeted banner ads in the Award Calendar (requested: Jul 16, 08)
  2. Provide a No flash version of site (requested: Jul 16, 08)
  3. Print the arrival times on boarding passes to better estimate how long or short a connection will be (requested: Jul 16, 08)
  4. The ability to see all itineraries immediately when I click on the "My Itineraries" tab (requested: Jul 16, 08)
  5. Better ????? with zone number and boarding (requested: Jul 16, 08)
  6. iPhone-compatible "electronic boarding pass" (requested: Jul 16, 08)
  7. immediate recognition of partner status for seat avail, etc (requested: Jul 16, 08)
  8. view and choose seats on more than the first four segments (requested: Jul 17, 08)
  9. provide search option to specify class per segment example 1, example 2 (requested: Jul 21, 08)
  10. Direct access to all itineraries from each itinerary. This was previously available before redesign of application (requested: Jul 23, 08)
  11. iPhone/Mac compatible schedules download. (requested: Jul 23, 08)
  12. A dropdown list by the login box, next to the "go" button, so when you log in it automatically takes you to the selected section. Was a feature on the site pre-2005 redesign. (requested: Aug 1, 2008)
  13. better price comparison when shopping price vs schedule (Aug 4, 08)
  14. Provide more filter options on flight results, such as: (requested: Aug 04, 08)
    • blocks of departure or landing times
    • show/hide red-eyes
    • layover limits (min/max)
    • limit max flight duration/travel time
  15. flight notifications with a materiality check. presently a dozen messages can be sent for arival times change by only one minute. Suggested interval setting/limit (requested Aug 7, 08)
  16. Prepopulate "get notifications" form with values from PNR currently viewed (requested: )
  17. flight notifications configure at a default notifications for all future PNRs with SM# (requested Aug 7, 08)
  18. need easier way to cancel an existing notification without keeping track of all the complicated numbers associated with each (request: Aug 07, 08)
  19. online clean up itinerary with schedule changes (requested: Aug 08, 08)
  20. The ability to remember last search when using the browser back button requires re-entering information (requested: Aug 08, 08)
  21. The ability to change Award Ticket Itineraries (requested: Oct 5, 08)
  22. Enable direct access to the chat feature (requested: Oct 5, 08)
  23. Provide a short hold on tickets when booking on delta.com (requested: Oct 23, 08)
  24. Provide better error messaging such as minimum connect time not met. (requested: Nov 12, 08)
  25. Provide MQMs earlier in the booking process. (requested: Dec 30, 09
  26. Allow award redemptions to use miles from each SkyMiles account for those traveling with SkyMiles accounts (requested: Nov 28, 08)
  27. Beta site for testing new features and enhancements. (requested: Dec 30, 09
  28. Ability to indicate coutry code with stored phone numbers for better IROP contact. (requested: Dec 30, 09
  29. Ability to view the upgrade list.

Last edited by DeltaWebDev; Jan 22, 2009 at 6:08 am
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:41 am
Original Poster

2009 : Post your delta.com feature requests here

i'll keep track of all the currently requested features from here in the 2009 : Delta.com Feature Requests thread. i started off by moving all the feature requests from before into the thread, so please double check before making a request.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:43 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
On-line award calendar that effectively and accurately searches award inventory with all skyteam partners and displays correctly low, medium, and high availability. It should demonstrate a breakdown of all taxes and fees, including international origination surcharge component.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 5:53 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
I second an accurate online award booking process.

Ability to view upgrade list (if im #15 on a Transcon, I may want to stop for food).

E PMU's.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 6:09 am

Programs: DM
I would love to see;

Online upgrade list

Flight origination information

Text or email gate information starting 90 minutes before flight
Old Jan 22, 2009, 6:43 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
The drop down list for itineraries on the home page currently shows date, conf#, departure aiport, and first airport for connection. The second airport code should be the final destination.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fmsm
I would love to see;

Online upgrade list
This would be a great feature so you at least have a clue as to where you rank on that list. @:-)
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:00 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
+1 on the ability to see upgrade list but if the information isn't accurate and in real time then there should be no list at all

Also...
  • SkyMiles activity detail
    • ability to sort by column
    • more descriptive entries in the Description column
  • Itineraries
    • ability to request upgrades for multiple legs with one submission rather than each leg requiring a separate submission
  • New
    • ability to view a list promotions for which I have registered
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:09 am

On-line award calendar has been broken for months now.
I also second an accurate online award booking process!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:09 am

Programs: Delta PM, AA Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Priority Club Platinum
I would like to see some of the features that continental has on their mobile site on DL mobile site also

Seat Maps, upgrade list, standby list, where the plane is coming from.

Since I said for the mobile site also for the main site too since I know continental has added some of this stuff to their main site also.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:14 am

Programs: PC Platinum, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Delta Gold, Avis First, Hertz Gold Plus, Glee Club, Yearbook
I agree with an awards calendar with more display options that defaults to show at least a few of the lowest-tier itinerary choices. You may want to poll some of the members, but I belive people would be more interested with depth within days than depth among days. Include a way so that flyers could see how each leg contributes to the total mileage amount.

That said, I would love if Delta information could be sent to my phone via text message.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:16 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Show seat map and assignment when there is a schedule change and thus allow being able to adjust seat assignment online without having to call. PLEASE!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:20 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
1) fix the award calendar
2) fix the "this fare just sold out" problem and also the changing of fares after selecting flights and moving to the pay page.
3) upgrade list
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
The ability to search for one fare class for the outbound section of a trip, and another for the return. This would be very nice for searching for a PMU upgradeable fare in one direction of a transatlantic trip, for example. Right now, if you want B or higher, it has to be B or higher for the entire trip, as far as I can tell.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by beofotch
On-line award calendar that effectively and accurately searches award inventory with all skyteam partners...
That's an interesting request, but none of the U.S. airlines offers automated searches across all partners. IF DL could get the searches of major partners to work reliably it would be a vast step forward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.