Search

RealDLInsider - International Exit Row Seats

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:18 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

RealDLInsider - International Exit Row Seats

All,

I have some good news around the International Exit Row Issue. I just received confirmation back from our Product Team, that they have been working on putting a fix in place around this for a while. The current goal is to have the exit rows available for Medallions and to never have them blocked. However, our supplier (Worldspan in this case) is having to change some of the seat logic and the fix has taken longer than anticipated. Bottom line, they tell me they are on it will keep me apprised should the delay be significantly longer.

Also, I saw the one customer note about not getting the 125K MQM threshold promotion or being included in this, and there was a control group held out on this one again. We had a last minute change on this. It was significantly smaller than in the past, but I guess you were one of the unlucky ones. If you send an email into our Medallion desk, they will add you into the target audience.

Jeff
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:19 pm

This is some of the best news I've heard regarding DL in a long, long time (if not ever). Behold the power of FT!
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Thanks for the update. Good to hear that DL is responding to some of our issues.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Thanks Jeff! This is a MAJOR improvement to the medallion experience. A few of us have noted that some of the exit rows on intl flights have become available to all (not just medallions) in the past few days. I imagine this is a temporary issue with the reprogramming and will go away eventually.

Now I can take DL again TPAC and TATL.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA *G
Thanks for your help on this one Jeff.
FT'ers united and Delta listened - this is great, and another reason I'm loyal to DL.

-A
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Jeff, I echo all the others...this is great news ^^^. Thanks a lot for following up, like you said you would, and coming back to us so quickly on this.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL DM
Great news, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Welcome news, along with the news that members of the 125k MQM promotion control group are to be exempted from the control group (and allowed in with the rest of us) if they email in.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:58 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Jeff,

You absolutely rock!

Thank you for your assistance with these two issues and for your participation on FlyerTalk. ^

What is the email address for the Medallion desk that we should use, please?
Old Jul 23, 2007, 4:00 pm

The international exit row is a big issue for me given how hard it is to upgrade on ATL NRT. One follow on question. Even though it will take a while for the software to be updated, is it possible for direction be given to reservations agent to manually switch us to exit row on request?

thanks,

Marc
Old Jul 23, 2007, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jeff, that is not actually what you said in the relevent thread, and as I've said several times I am not going to beg to get 25k miles, I hit the target every year but last year, as last year your people decided that a control group was a good idea, it wasn;t and quite frankly insulting. You want to see the effects? Fine, I'll finish the year slightly above 75k. Make the 125k open, I'll top out over 125k, make a 150k level, I'll do that.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by RealDLInsider
... about not getting the 125K MQM threshold promotion or being included in this, and there was a control group held out on this one again....
Jerking your best customers around in this fashion is not a particularly good business strategy. They shouldn't have to beg, call or write to participate.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Jerking your best customers around in this fashion is not a particularly good business strategy. They shouldn't have to beg, call or write to participate.
Actually, I understand Jeff's difficult position in this one, and the logic behind the solution.^

DL is trying to gauge the effectiveness of the 125K (or other) bonus, and as such needs a control group to compare with. The problem arrives when the control group learns about the "targeted" program (which most would not as they are not FTers).

If DL eliminates the control group, then they have no hard data on the bonus' effectiveness, but if a portion of the control group learns of the targeted bonus, are offended at being singled out for exclusion, and take their business elsewhere, it skews the data in the opposite direction and makes the bonuses look more effective than they really are.

It is kind of interesting for me because as an excluded individual (Good Grief, I got a Rock again!), and with the knowlege that I am part of a small control sample, it might be in both my and my fellow PMs interest to take a powder for the rest of the year (as I am already PM for next year) moving my business to another alliance.@:-)

This would help make the threshold bonuses look to be an even more important consideration to management in the future, getting we PMs more threashold goodies in the future.

Jeff's invitation for those in the control group that are aware of their excluded status to be included is rather important to maintain the integrity of the data from the control group.

The extra 25K miles won't make me or break me (back up to 500K LT 2 years after burning the all pre Chap 11).

Just some food for thought. I'll have to think about this one for a bit myself.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Jeff, thanks for the update on the exit row seats and your offer to add people to the control group. For the record, I really appreciate your presence here on FT. ^
Old Jul 23, 2007, 5:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Honestly, I don't see how any of the 125k awards justify giving up mid-tier status on another airline.

Back to the real news, way to go on the exit rows! ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.