Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RealDLInsider - International Exit Row Seats

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2007, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by jman4l
If NW elites don't get access to international exit rows, I am going to lead a campaign on the NW board on Flyertalk to get NW to switch its policy.
If the seats are available to Medallions, odds are about 99.9% that they will be available to us. Furthermore, NW is unlikely to sour the relationship by engaging in any such quid pro quo retaliation. That would be counterproductive.

Originally Posted by jman4l
DL makes it very hard on other ST elites to get preferred seating-like waiting on the phone 30 minutes.
Typically takes me only 5-10 minutes. Dodge India by claiming to have an international reservation, then reply "no" to the question about changing your itinerary.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
I gave in and went ahead and "begged" for the miles. The response to my initial e-mail was this:

Dear Mr. jjglaze77,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Delta's SkyMiles incentive programs.

Your request has been forwarded to our Promotions Representative for
review. Please allow 7-14 business days for a response. You will be
contacted if additional information is required.

Your selection of Delta is appreciated, and we will always do our best
to merit your confidence and support.

Sincerely,

XYXY XYXYXYX
Medallion Desk
www.delta.com

I did referrence the fact that Jeff indicated we could be added by request, so we shall see what happens...
Old Jul 26, 2007, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jeff,

Another not very good answer. Look I appreciate you coming here and participating on FT, you are doing far more than anyone else in your position at any other carrier to reach out to customers. That being said, this 125 MQM thing is not going well for you. You announced it, it was then found to be targetted, you then came back and said "ops" its targetted (despite the fact that you did the same thing last year), taking an FT straw poll it would sem that 80% of your PM's were NOT targetted. You said that people can e-mail in and request it, so far PM's who have done so have ether been told NO in absolute terms or are being told that its taking 7-14 days. Which means that anyone who really wants to take you at your word will have to repeatedly write in/call in requests to get this done (having experienced similar things in the past for promotions which I DID qualify for from the outset, i knew this would happen and has had a large part in my insistance of refusing to beg for these miles for this or the last 125 MQM promotion) . I suggest in the absolute strongest terms that you either just open this up to all PM's that qualify, you don't have to do a hard announcement (and go tell your number crunchers to perhaps play with a demographic which is less important to DL's bottom line), or at least if you are going to pursue this flawed strategy get something up on G*9724 today.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 4:42 am

Programs: DL PM, FB Plat, LH SEN, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by PMMMDL
It is kind of interesting for me because as an excluded individual (Good Grief, I got a Rock again!), and with the knowlege that I am part of a small control sample, it might be in both my and my fellow PMs interest to take a powder for the rest of the year (as I am already PM for next year) moving my business to another alliance.@:-)
I often flew around 140k miles each year on DL, but decided to shift some to AF when DL stopped the AF F awards.

Now the 115k threshold bonuses on AF sound much more interesting to me than the DL 125k promotion, and thus I had already put 130k on AF last year when I got the delayed invitation to the DL promotion, and I stopped DL at 80k. This year I seem to bein the control group, but don't care anymore since there is no real benefit to flying DL beyond 75k, and I'll put additional 100k on AF and 100k on LH this year.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 6:41 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
I already have 80K MQMs for 2007... and two more Europe trips already ticketed. I have sent the email to DL as per Jeff's suggestion. If not accepted, my late year travel may be burning miles rather than earning them.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Zurich, exactly what I did last year, except that I put even more into AF/KLM than you did.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 8:55 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
CO and NW allow DL medallions to pre-reserve international exit row seats. Will DL allow CO and NW elites to also pre-reserve international exit row seats?
Old Jul 27, 2007, 10:23 am

Programs: UA Plat, DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fti
CO and NW allow DL medallions to pre-reserve international exit row seats. Will DL allow CO and NW elites to also pre-reserve international exit row seats?
This is not entirely true. NW allows DL medallions to pre-reserve exit row seats, but not CO. For CO, you have to be Platinum Medallion on Delta to gain access to exit rows.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL DM
Website For Offer

What is the link to the offer i am away and can not check if i am in the control group or not. Can someone please give it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.