Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by lindros2

Not sure how they're going to manage the ramp areas (i.e. if they'll widen outside, which moves D closer to C and E)...
https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-air...J5GX2AOIJOHZI/
Ramp is no big deal. It’s only 20 feet on both sides. They can angle some of the longer planes if it’s an issue.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by AvalancheDog
If Amex reads the results of the online survey regarding the call and reaches out, I'd be surprised.
I have crafty ways to get AMEX to listen to feedback/response...

Cancelled my Platinum Card (not AMEX Reserve, but the actual Platinum Card).
BigFishDave and AvalancheDog like this.

Last edited by lindros2; Jul 25, 2022 at 8:08 am
Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lindros2
I have crafty ways to get AMEX to listen to feedback/response...

Cancelled my Platinum Card (not AMEX Reserve, but the actual Platinum Card).
Why should AmEx listen to a former customer?
Statman, hhdl and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Fraser
I was at the JFK Centurion Lounge on Friday around 5pm and there was a line of about 10 people. Annoyingly it seemed a lot of people were chancing it or not aware of the entry requirements. The guy ahead of me had a Green Card! Because the Amex people are helpful he spent some time trying to figure out how this guy could get in a lounge (I heard them mention Sky Priority) and that backed the line up further. It’s almost as if they need someone to comb the line to ensure passengers are eligible.
I sat near the entrance of the MIA skyclub earlier this year, and was absolutely amazed at the number of people that kept coming in that thought they should be allowed in but didn't qualify for various reason. And quite honestly, amazed at the patience of the agent there in dealing with these requests. While I wasn't keeping an exact count, I'd hazard to guess that 20-30% of the people were being turned away because they didn't qualify for access. (And given information about the turkish airlines club just around the corner that apparently does sell day passes.)
IndyHoosier and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by cardsqc
(And given information about the turkish airlines club just around the corner that apparently does sell day passes.)
This makes me wonder how much money is being left on the table by not allowing passengers to pay for a day pass on their Delta flight. Could provide a big financial incentive for Delta to expand their clubs and sell an "Economy+" Ticket that includes say Comfort + and Skyclub access on Departure and on Connections.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:48 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by cardsqc
...people that kept coming in that thought they should be allowed in but didn't qualify for various reason.
Speculating that 80% of the 20-30% just try to get in via feigned ignorance/entitlement/sob stories vs. genuinely believing they should be allowed in.

"But I'm a first class customer"...

"Delta made me miss my flight"...

"I've accessed the SkyClub many times with Priority Pass"...(15 yrs ago maybe?)

"But this is a Platinum card and it's an American Express card"...

"Aeromexico told me I'd have access"...
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle
I have an idea!

I Think members who paid for their membership should be admitted first or with Priority. CC holder can wait in line as they didn’t pay a membership fee to gain entrance.
Randeman likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:47 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by SH115
I Think members who paid for their membership should be admitted first or with Priority. CC holder can wait in line as they didn’t pay a membership fee to gain entrance.
It really should be the opposite. The American Express relationship is probably the only reason Delta isn’t bankrupt. Much more important than a few club “members”
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by hi55us
This makes me wonder how much money is being left on the table by not allowing passengers to pay for a day pass on their Delta flight. Could provide a big financial incentive for Delta to expand their clubs and sell an "Economy+" Ticket that includes say Comfort + and Skyclub access on Departure and on Connections.
Prior to COVID they offered a day pass at checkout when you booked a ticket, so presumably they have the numbers to run and found it not viable, as th offering is not back yet.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:18 am

I think people who have initials W and B should have the highest priority
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by hi55us
This makes me wonder how much money is being left on the table by not allowing passengers to pay for a day pass on their Delta flight.
Probably not much, if they were selling day passes, the percentage of these people who are being turned away who would actually pay is probably single digits.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond/2.2MM
Fully disagree - I just paid for the membership in a different way.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium
I’ve previously acquired access via direct membership (purchased via SkyBonus) and now with credit cards and IMHO access is access. Your paying for it one way or another and with the AMEX/Delta agreement it seems moot how you acquired it.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Prior to COVID they offered a day pass at checkout when you booked a ticket, so presumably they have the numbers to run and found it not viable, as th offering is not back yet.

A long time prior to Covid....

As I recall, they discontinued day passes back in 2018.
flyerCO likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by CMK10
A line to get into that truly miserable basement Club should be illegal.
If it's so miserable, why is there a line?
WillBarrett_68 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.