Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2022, 8:42 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
If it's so miserable, why is there a line?
The Cheesecake Factory has over hour waits for tables. Don't ask me to explain human behavior.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
No line and several open seats at ATL - F yesterday around 7 PM. No wait for shower either. And that was WITH the sky deck closed due to rain limiting seating. I was surprised for a Friday night with everyone trying to get home and delays due to weather.

the dragon said F is consistently on the low end of capacity (it still DOES fill but not as often as T, B, or E).
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by CMK10
The Cheesecake Factory has over hour waits for tables. Don't ask me to explain human behavior.

There is nothing at the airport other than boarding, security, or border control that's worth waiting in line for.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
No line and several open seats at ATL - F yesterday around 7 PM. No wait for shower either. And that was WITH the sky deck closed due to rain limiting seating. I was surprised for a Friday night with everyone trying to get home and delays due to weather.

the dragon said F is consistently on the low end of capacity (it still DOES fill but not as often as T, B, or E).
Got into ATL F last week with a +1. No lineup outside but nowhere to sit either.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Got into ATL F last week with a +1. No lineup outside but nowhere to sit either.
I spent about 7 hours there on 20 July - long connection to the 730 VS flight. Lots of seating when I arrived at about 11 am but got more and more crowded. I did see lines a few times in the afternoon.
The catering and cleaning staff did a good job of keeping the buffets supplied and the seating area clean.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hi55us
This makes me wonder how much money is being left on the table by not allowing passengers to pay for a day pass on their Delta flight. Could provide a big financial incentive for Delta to expand their clubs and sell an "Economy+" Ticket that includes say Comfort + and Skyclub access on Departure and on Connections.
Issue was they constantly had to turn away day pass users. They 1st tried limiting to just single visit passes. They then just stopped altogether.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
There is nothing at the airport other than boarding, security, or border control that's worth waiting in line for.
I think going into the club is more of "I can do this and you can't" than anything else. These days the food isn't great, the place isn't a peaceful haven, and nowadays a lot of airports have free WiFi and if that's not a thing I can tether from my 5G phone and it works well enough to get work done. Right now I'm more likely to try to find a gate that isn't in use and sit there with my laptop.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Issue was they constantly had to turn away day pass users. They 1st tried limiting to just single visit passes. They then just stopped altogether.
Right now you can only get a single day pass if you hold a Delta Amex card.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Synapseturquoise
Right now you can only get a single day pass if you hold a Delta Amex card.
Nope, sorry. No "day passes" at all. You can get a "single visit" pass for $39 if you hold the Delta-branded Amex Platinum card, or if you are the paid guest of certain other classes of member access who are entering at the same time.

While there are anecdotes of people being allowed to "club hop" at airports with multiple Sky Clubs (especially DTW and ATL), by rule the $39 is one entry to one club.
jamesteroh and dtwlarry like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Nope, sorry. No "day passes" at all. You can get a "single visit" pass for $39 if you hold the Delta-branded Amex Platinum card, or if you are the paid guest of certain other classes of member access who are entering at the same time.

While there are anecdotes of people being allowed to "club hop" at airports with multiple Sky Clubs (especially DTW and ATL), by rule the $39 is one entry to one club.
Incorrect. Last week I did the $39 guest pass at ATL. Dragon automatically stamped BP good at all ATL SC that day. Makes no sense to have to pay twice. Pay first at T SC after clearing security then go to E for gate and have a flight delay so have to pay another $39 at E SC?
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf

While I understand that I used the wrong name for the pass, my point is that you still can get to the club for a same day visit if you have a cobranded card. And yes, you can club hop at ATL with the single "per visit" pass. I've done it multiple times with no issues.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Synapseturquoise
While I understand that I used the wrong name for the pass, my point is that you still can get to the club for a same day visit if you have a cobranded card. And yes, you can club hop at ATL with the single "per visit" pass. I've done it multiple times with no issues.
This is semantics, but the way I view it is…

The Amex Delta Platinum card provides SkyClub access for a $39 fee per visit (though apparently visits allow for multiple clubs at the same airport). This is the only cobrand card that works in this way - Gold, Blue don’t provide SkyClub access and Delta Reserve provides unlimited access to the primary cardholder. Day passes aren’t available widely anymore
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos
This is semantics, but the way I view it is…

The Amex Delta Platinum card provides SkyClub access for a $39 fee per visit (though apparently visits allow for multiple clubs at the same airport). This is the only cobrand card that works in this way - Gold, Blue don’t provide SkyClub access and Delta Reserve provides unlimited access to the primary cardholder. Day passes aren’t available widely anymore
Yep.. it is definitely semantics.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Incorrect. Last week I did the $39 guest pass at ATL. Dragon automatically stamped BP good at all ATL SC that day. Makes no sense to have to pay twice. Pay first at T SC after clearing security then go to E for gate and have a flight delay so have to pay another $39 at E SC?
I would expect to be able to return and re-enter the same lounge after a flight delay has been posted, but not to lounge hop on a paid admission (unless possibly if it's a case of a major gate change or a delay combined with the first lounge closing early relative to the revised departure time).
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:31 pm

Incorrect?

I literally said that while there is "anecdata" suggesting that it is allowed sometimes at some airports - and specifically called out DTW and ATL.... I *also* said that by rule, it is not allowed. So here is a screenshot taken just now from Delta's Sky Club Access Rules page:

It says "Per Visit" in the first paragraph, and then expands on that in the second paragraph (regarding guests) to say "per visit, per person, per location".

So is Delta wrong too, about their rules?
PanAmSam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.