Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
I think we all agree here - they are adding a Delta One lounge to JFK and some kind of area to LAX. They should also add them to ATL, DTW and maybe SEA.
D1 lounges at DTW and ATL would be a must. Thatís where most of my international D1 travel originates.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
PMDL had a few dedicated business class (called BE = Business Elite then, not D1) lounges, for example at ATL E (before F was built).
IIRC, premium class lounges at ATL predated the elimination of first class. Flying to Brazil in F in the early days of the ATL-GRU route, DL had a special lounge with a buffet--can't recall whether busines class passengers were invited as well, or were relegated to the Crown Room.

There was a first class lounge within the Crown Room at LAX for NRT-bound passengers at one time as well.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Monday at 5 PM

The line to get into the MSP F/G Skyclub. It took me 20 minutes to get in and my reward was being told the Summer Shandy on draft was a premium beer and $5. Ha.

I could have gone to a different lounge but I had a 61 minute connection from F11 to G20 so this was literally halfway between them.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Wyndham Gold, GE/CLEAR
Has anyone else experienced in bigger clubs that everyone piles up by the entrance and never branches out? I flew out of the new LGA at 7AM in early June and went to the lounge a little before 6:00 and the area by the entrance was jam packed but I had the whole back corner to myself. Also went through ATL yesterday and visited the club in A by PF Changís upstairs and they redid that club to where thereís a small-ish area downstairs with drinks and a buffet and that area was slammed. I went upstairs to the part of that club thatís always been there and it was open space for daysÖ
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Has anyone else experienced in bigger clubs that everyone piles up by the entrance and never branches out? I flew out of the new LGA at 7AM in early June and went to the lounge a little before 6:00 and the area by the entrance was jam packed but I had the whole back corner to myself. Also went through ATL yesterday and visited the club in A by PF Changís upstairs and they redid that club to where thereís a small-ish area downstairs with drinks and a buffet and that area was slammed. I went upstairs to the part of that club thatís always been there and it was open space for daysÖ
Do you mean the 2nd A SC? Or is this part of the one upstairs? There's always been 2 A SC.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Wyndham Gold, GE/CLEAR
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Do you mean the 2nd A SC? Or is this part of the one upstairs? There's always been 2 A SC.
Yeah they added an extension to the upstairs one by PF Chang’s, I know there’s always been two. Now the one by PF Chang’s has the entrance and then a small seating area with a buffet and a drink machine on the same level as the entrance. It’s a multi level club now and the big part upstairs from the entrance that’s always been there was wide open while the new small part on the entrance level was slammed. They did some cosmetic stuff to the big area of it too and all things considered is also way nicer than the one by A17 now.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Yeah they added an extension to the upstairs one by PF Chang’s, I know there’s always been two. Now the one by PF Chang’s has the entrance and then a small seating area with a buffet and a drink machine on the same level as the entrance. It’s a multi level club now and the big part upstairs from the entrance that’s always been there was wide open while the new small part on the entrance level was slammed. They did some cosmetic stuff to the big area of it too and all things considered is also way nicer than the one by A17 now.
Is there a duplicate buffet upstairs or are people supposed to carry their food upstairs? Can we assume that the bar is still upstairs? Maybe many of those who grab the downstairs seats aren't even aware that there's a bar beyond the drink machines, which I assume are self service and therefore nonalcoholic.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is there a duplicate buffet upstairs or are people supposed to carry their food upstairs? Can we assume that the bar is still upstairs? Maybe many of those who grab the downstairs seats aren't even aware that there's a bar beyond the drink machines, which I assume are self service and therefore nonalcoholic.
Thereís a buffet upstairs that has more food and more variety and the full bar is still upstairs. That is correct that the stuff downstairs is self service.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
American Express 2Q22 comments:

"We added 3.2 million new proprietary cards in the quarter, driven by continued strong demand for our premium products. Acquisitions of our U.S. Consumer Platinum, Gold and Delta co-brand Cards each reached all-time highs in the quarter, and we have maintained high levels of customer retention. Our credit performance remains exceptional, with delinquencies and write-offs near historical lows."
DiverDave and hhdl like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
SkyClub ATL D27.
Sunday morning, 9am.
This is why I arrive at the airport 40 minutes before my flight.

Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by Adelphos
American Express 2Q22 comments:

"We added 3.2 million new proprietary cards in the quarter, driven by continued strong demand for our premium products. Acquisitions of our U.S. Consumer Platinum, Gold and Delta co-brand Cards each reached all-time highs in the quarter, and we have maintained high levels of customer retention. Our credit performance remains exceptional, with delinquencies and write-offs near historical lows."
Count me -1 after this morning.
AMEX member since 1982 (family), 1992 (me).
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I think Amex will have some challenges ahead with the Delta cards, since Delta is unable to provide the benefits Amex has promised.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by troyintn
I think Amex will have some challenges ahead with the Delta cards, since Delta is unable to provide the benefits Amex has promised.
I'm not so sure.

It's clear people are willing to do headstands in a crowd to get a free cheese sandwich, a coke, and a clean toilet.
Adelphos, IndyHoosier and hhdl like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VFR
Limiting guests is tough because for a lot of people, their guest is going to be a spouse.

In my opinion, the primary solution is to build bigger lounges. I realize that it's tough to get space at certain airports, but it's necessary to keep selling the Sky Club experience as part of flying Delta.

Opening D1-exclusive lounges should relieve crowding too (though it won't help at LGA).
I agree with all that and think DL should have to give food vouchers to anyone in line when the club is full. I think that would help motivate them on providing the promised service.
Justin026 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by lindros2
SkyClub ATL D27.
Sunday morning, 9am.
This is why I arrive at the airport 40 minutes before my flight.

The rule needs to be "if the line is longer than 10 people, I'm going to Plan B."

Last edited by Goodoldflyer; Jul 24, 2022 at 9:57 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.