Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:30 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by rylan
Well I'll be in ATL tomorrow evening, so should be interesting to see how busy the clubs are. Not sure which one I'll try to get in... most likely wherever my connection departs from - which appears to be mostly from C over the past week, but who knows.
A co-worker reported being denied entrance to C during an afternoon visit last week. But, YMMV.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by VFR
You are correct -- it's two guests or a spouse/domestic partner and any children under 21.
Seems like an easy cut to make. Executive membership comes with a plus one only and no families.

For now I'm ignoring ATL as much as I can and am routing through other hubs.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by VFR
You are correct -- it's two guests or a spouse/domestic partner and any children under 21.
Doesn’t stop anyone from bringing in many more by entering with the maximum, leaving alone, and then reentering by bringing in more/different guests to a busy SC.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Well currently they have me departing from E later this evening... ugh, just after international departure rush hours. Expecting a line out the door... but who knows this is ATL and my gate will likely change 6 times before then since my flight is in 12 hours. haha
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by VFR
Seems like an easy cut. Only allow two guests. or at most a spouse and two kids. And change the age limit to 18. Back when you could guest in an entire famliy there were several times I saw college aged kids guested in and their boyfriends/girlfriends and then would head straight to the bar so they were obviously over 21.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Make it ONE guest only, with no age limit. If it's been born of if it's great grandma, it counts as a guest.
jamesteroh and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Doesn’t stop anyone from bringing in many more by entering with the maximum, leaving alone, and then reentering by bringing in more/different guests to a busy SC.
Take the name of the guest. Only allow one named guest per day.
jamesteroh and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Might not be popular, but think when it gets busy they need to have a check-in line for people who actually pay for memberships (or chose it as a choice benefit) & D1 guests and those who are using their AMEX to gain access. The former should get priority.
No it shouldn't.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by ijgordon
No it shouldn't.
And the Centurion Lounge also shouldn't be giving lower priority to Delta Reserve cardholders either. At LAS I have witnessed that at the LAS CL lounge.

I think Delta One customers should have top priority though seeing there aren't business class lounges.
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Delta actively pushes its loyal customers to carry credit cards that provide lounge access. The idea that those that hold credit cards should be below those that pay for memberships outright is pretty silly IMO.

https://www.delta.com/skyclub/purcha...Request.action

"Your Club experience - whether you work, relax or play - is up to you. And the way you access the Club is also your choice. You can choose to purchase one of two Delta Sky Club Memberships or apply for the Delta Reserve® Credit Card, which offers complimentary access to the Club."

Arguably, it is a poor decision to purchase an individual SkyClub membership versus applying for the Delta Reserve - the Delta reserve provides 2 guest passes and a companion pass (along with the other benefits of the card)
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by rylan
Well currently they have me departing from E later this evening... ugh, just after international departure rush hours. Expecting a line out the door... but who knows this is ATL and my gate will likely change 6 times before then since my flight is in 12 hours. haha
In this case I'd grab dinner and a glass of wine at Ecco (terminal F) and avoid the SkyClub all together.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Currently enjoying a quiet and sparsely populated United Club at ATL. One advantage of being a free agent.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by VFR
The guest passes on the Reserve were added recently, I'd guess in response to customer feedback that some folks want to take their spouse/family members with them. I'm not sure what you could cut that would make a huge difference.
As I recall they were added when they raised they raised the cost - can't remember if it was when they raised the cost for the card or when they raised the price for guesting people in. I definitely remember it used to be that you'd pay $29 for guests, and had no guest passes. As someone that only travels for leisure, and generally travels with my spouse, not being able to bring them in in some manner would be irritating at the minimum, and potentially grounds for dropping the card.

Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Might not be popular, but think when it gets busy they need to have a check-in line for people who actually pay for memberships (or chose it as a choice benefit) & D1 guests and those who are using their AMEX to gain access. The former should get priority.
And I'd argue as a reserve card holder, I've paid for it - it's an advertised benefit of a card I'm paying for.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Delta actively pushes its loyal customers to carry credit cards that provide lounge access. The idea that those that hold credit cards should be below those that pay for memberships outright is pretty silly IMO.

https://www.delta.com/skyclub/purcha...Request.action

"Your Club experience - whether you work, relax or play - is up to you. And the way you access the Club is also your choice. You can choose to purchase one of two Delta Sky Club Memberships or apply for the Delta Reserve® Credit Card, which offers complimentary access to the Club."

Arguably, it is a poor decision to purchase an individual SkyClub membership versus applying for the Delta Reserve - the Delta reserve provides 2 guest passes and a companion pass (along with the other benefits of the card)
It's *interesting* that DL neglects to mention that you can also enter with a regular AmEx Plat/Centurion charge card when flying DL the same day.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's *interesting* that DL neglects to mention that you can also enter with a regular AmEx Plat/Centurion charge card when flying DL the same day.
If they drop that benefit, I’m dropping the card and honestly probably going to a different airline. The duo is one of the main reasons I fly Delta.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.